STS...STS...STS...

Jana

i have been trying to lose 15kg and have been eating healthy and keep cal intake under 1500cal a day, but apart from the first two weeks that my weight dropped 2.5kg, it had been STS ever since!!! If it is not gonna drop this week by the weigh in day (Friday or Saturday) i will have no idea how i can achieve this goal:cry:

I feel your pain! I stayed the same for 2 weeks even though i was eating around 1200 cal a day and exercising 4 times a week for 90mins! Turns out i wasnt eating enough so i started adding more protein to my diet and drink about 3 litres of water a day and its finally started shifting!! Keep on going, i promise you'll get there in the end....a lot of people go through a period where weight loss slows down so you're not on your own :)

I totally sympathise - I've just been through exactly the same thing. I had pretty rapid weight loss for the first month and a half, then it slowed right down to only a couple of pounds a week. I thought, okay at least I'm still losing something. Then it stopped altogether. It was so frustrating, doing all that hard work and seemingly having nothing to show for it. Then I started taking my measurements, waist, hips etc and even though I wasn't losing weight I was losing inches. Drinking more water, like crazyasadaisy mentioned, and just powering through the stasis worked for me. After a couple of weeks the lbs started shifting again. Don't lose heart!

Its a given that your weight will stall at some point, it happens to me in 3 or 4 week cycles where my weight just wont shift.

You need to know what your BMR is (basal metabolic rate) and work out what your calorie requirement is from that. Personally i would say that at 1500 or under, you are eating enough to maintain, which is basically what is happening. I think you need to aim more at around 1100 a day to see some movement. Try this link to find out your BMR
BMR Calculator

Thank you for the link to the BMR calculator, Lynn. That was super useful, I haven't worked it out before!

Back