Stubbseys Diary - back in the zone!

Afternoon, I hope your day has improved and the sun stayed to dry the washing, I will have to try oopsies again.....

Had a very busy day n totally pooped been a hungry day too. Treid avocado n not keen was shocked how many carbs were in it.

b. bacon egg one bf sausage, avocado
d. Lamb shank runner beans cauli and celeriac
s. Atkins advantage bar

Ooh I love avocado, I don't think they are high in carbs.....1.7 for a half?

thats odd the one i picked on mfp had 10 so i got rid of it and found another choice and it was only 3 how strange...

ratios today c6 f66 p28

been fancying something this evening, not hungry just fancy.. hate that!!

Did you pick one from a supermarket? Always search fruit and veg as 'tesco avocado' or 'sainsburys spinach' otherwise you're likely to get an American value and they add the fibre to their carb count so it's higher.

Seems a lot for an avo even so, maybe someone put the details in wrong. I usually try to look at a couple of options.

Hi stubbsey, hope you are having a good weekend:)

Hi everyone,
went shopping today bought my youngest a pair of trainer shoes for xmas but ended up letting himhave them now, got a nice pair of tweedy look leggings from next and a dvd. Eaten a huge dinner think i need to have a lunch because im having too large a dinner it was fabulous tho.

still ploughing thru washing ugh.... Rain making it harder in out in out not playing anymore its in the tumble n stuff i dont tumble haning up to dry.

B. 2 oopsies 1 oz red leicerster, spread of mayo, half a tomato
D. Lamb chops(3) tut tut celeriac runners and sprouts

Well you migt not say that if you saw the size of them Lady Su, i put a little bit of mint in them they were lush think i took a pic

Not sure it works uploading on ipad grrr

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    710 KB · Views: 48
Mmmm dinner looks gorgeous Stubbsey. I'm still not sure you're actually eating enough! The biggest 3 lamb chops I could find on mfp came to 600 cal - veggies would have been hardly anything, plus a couple of slices of oopsie and cheese - I am guessing you're not much over 1200 cals if you're that high at all? Unless you're having cream in drinks in between.

If its working for you, you're not starving hungry all day and just prefer to have a bigger dinner then there's no reason not to continue - you're not over-eating.

There are a couple of low carb schools of thought - one favors eating every few hours very regularly while awake to keep the metabolism going. The other favors eating a lot in a small period and fasting the rest of the time. Both work (as do other approaches), it's all down to what you feel comfortable with.

I know one girl on another forum who has lost 80+ pounds and she only eats lunch and dinner - and her dinners are usually 1000 calories+

So if it's what you're comfy with, don't worry about big dinners, but if you're hungry then eat lunch.

P.s. must ask did you do the chops in the actifry? Love the lovely browned outsides.

hi ML
no i cooked them in a pan with a little bit of oil, i put a tsp of mint sauce in there and tossed them around in it, kept turning them regularly and made sure the fat in them rendered down, some people cook their lamb lightly but it can have a sort of ammonia taste for me when its lightly done i like mine browned and sort of caramelised mmm i am hungry thinking about it.

i don't think my dinners come to 1000 cals so you are right there i am probably not over eating, i always think i am overdoing my veg for the carbs tho. as i went over according to mfp values on my carbs. don't have any milk or cream in my drinks at all i drink black tea, i gave up milk last time i did atkins and i can't stand it now in tea. i have just bought decaf tea to see if that makes any difference to my loss, tho it makes a difference to me, i have fallen asleep in the evenings 3 times now not up late and wired.

hope u all have a great sunday... ooo roastie time!!

It will be the green beans that put you over, they're a bit carby. Swap them for something like spinach and you won't have a problem with going over. I'm sure a few beans won't make much of a difference though. Looks like a delicious, healthy meal to me. I'm not even a big lamb fan and I thought it looked yum!

I am starving just looking at the picture! :D

And ML is right, ignore me - if you're not hungry at lunch then don't force it - but I'm the same, I might miss lunch and then I'm ravenous at dinner time.

FWIW, my pattern is to eat lightly but fairly frequently through the day and concentrate most of my calories into my main meal which could be any time from early afternoon to late evening (OH is self-employed and I have to fit meals around some very odd hours). I don't know if I'd lose faster doing it differently, but I'm certainly losing, so that's what I'm sticking with.

I think that as long as what you're doing doesn't cause you to over or under eat, or reach for the wrong foods, then you're fine - it'll all even out over time :)

Btw, that dinner looks delicious...and I don't even like lamb, lol!

Afternoon dinner looks lush. I love lamb, the next time I cook it I will try adding the mint. My favourite way of cooking lamb chops, pre atkins, was to coat them in breadcrumbs and put in the oven for about 45mins.

That sounds interesting, i used to coat them in mustard and black pepper n fry them they were lovely but fairly hot.

roast pork, celeriac, sprouts and greens today with a tiny bit of chicken mmmmm lovely!!

B. oopsies, red leicester half tomato mayo
L. Oopsies bacon with spread of butter
D. Roast pork, small amount of chicken, sprouts, greens

hi everyone
sorry not been around much and not had time to catch up on diarys as have had some bad news, my late mums only surviving sister my Aunt Rose is in hospital she is meant to be near the end too and although she was conscious they said that if she goes they won't revive her. so been busy and a bit thoughtful. she is about 99 i think bless her had a good old innings
catch u all soon xx

Back