Stuck in a bit of a rut!

Wasted Ink

I've been on SW for about seven weeks and have lost about 7lb so far which sounds reasonable, but then I looked at my "tracker" of the last four weeks and I've only lost 2.7lb in four week. I'm not one that's wanting to speed through weightloss, but that seems incredibly slow considering I'm still three stone overweight. :confused:

I've been sticking to 70 syns a week - certainly no more. I don't have 10 daily, because I don't always want 10 everyday. Somedays I have five, some days I have fifteen (when I'm more hungry.)

I keep losing weight (last week I lost 2lb,) but then gaining again (this week I put on 1lb.) This has happened several weeks in a row, here's my log of the last four weeks:

Week 4: -2.4 lb
Week 5: + 0.7 lb
Week 6 - 2lb
Week 7: + 1lb

How can I get out of this rut? When I was calorie counting I was losing slowly but consistently. I don't want to finish with SW because it's a great plan and easy to fit into my lifestyle, but I really don't know what's going on here. My Mum says give it a few more weeks and see what happens before changing.

Not to mention I have exercised about five hours this week so it really makes no sense. :confused:

Last edited:
Water retention pure and simple. You're not drinking enough fluids for your increased exercise level and your muscles are retaining water. Drink an extra, large glass of water for every half hour of exercise and this should resolve itself.

Water retention pure and simple. You're not drinking enough fluids for your increased exercise level and your muscles are retaining water. Drink an extra, large glass of water for every half hour of exercise and this should resolve itself.

Thanks. This could be the issue. I did drink a lot of water yesterday (five large glasses and tea.) However, I'm a bit inconsistent with it. I'll try and shoot for six or seven large glasses per day and hope that helps.

If your excersising daily - remember muscle weighs more than fat!

try measuring yourself and see what you lose in inches aswell as weight... you might find your gaining muscle :)

Yes, I've been measuring myself and I have lost about 1/2 an inch on my waist over a few weeks, I think. Everywhere else is the same.

Muscle can be gained - although it usually takes several months for a woman to gain even a few lbs of muscle.

Back