Original Stuck in a rut

Spid

I've lost 5 stone 10 pounds so far on slimming world. The past couple of months i've got stuck and it's taking me ages to lose I lose then put on them lose. I have more I want to lose and I'm getting really frustrated now. I'm working hard and sticking to plan but my body has other ideas. Has any ideas how I can kickstart my body into getting the scales going in the right direction again?

Thanks folks x

Spid said:
I've lost 5 stone 10 pounds so far on slimming world. The past couple of months i've got stuck and it's taking me ages to lose I lose then put on them lose. I have more I want to lose and I'm getting really frustrated now. I'm working hard and sticking to plan but my body has other ideas. Has any ideas how I can kickstart my body into getting the scales going in the right direction again?

Thanks folks x

Have you tried going back to basics. Re read your book, keep a food diary, weigh/measure all your hexs, and treat it like your first week. You may be surprised :) well done on your weightloss so far x

Welshtigger said:
Have you tried going back to basics. Re read your book, keep a food diary, weigh/measure all your hexs, and treat it like your first week. You may be surprised :) well done on your weightloss so far x

Agree with those suggestions. Aldi maybe try success express for a week or change the foods you eat to make things more exciting. Good luck! X

stivesliz, got in there just before me ha ha! I was going to suggest that. I did red and green all the way through my journey, but the last few weeks changed to ee. It wasnt easy for me, but I managed and it did kick start something in my losses. And yes, read and re read your books, and my c suggested cutting down to 5 syns a day as I got near to target. It all helps

I do red, I struggle with EE as I don't eat fruit. I avoid green days as I find I'm always hungry on them. I always weigh and measure my healthy extras. I stick to plan and fill my food diary in everyday online still. I'm no where near my target yet. I'm doing everything I have been since I started. It's very frustrating but I don't want to give up I'm really proud of how well I've done so far but not seeing my efforts on the scales is very disheartening.

change something, anything, I stopped having hi fi bars and bread for hexs and had the olive oil instead, et voila, restart.

remember, nothing changes if nothing changes xx

As others have said, try changing a few things. Maybe try making a speed soup up and having that for lunch or something?

Thanks folks. I'll sit down and plan meals for the week see how I get on. :)

I was getting stuck in a rut and frustrated with sts, loss, gain, loss etc (see signature for weekly losses) so my consultant suggested doing the 7 day planner from the magazine 6.5 lb LOSS that week. It was a mix of red and green days but I did an EE day when I ate at Mum and Dad's. I have found i mix things up a lot more since doing that, I change my Hex for variety - today tinned pineapple (in jelly) and soup for my B and chocolate oatly for an A with the option of another later.

Back