Stuck to my diet 100% - what am I doing wrong

Thanks

So I have to have a 1/3 superfree WITH my meal I thought a few pieces of fruit after the meal would be the same (obviously not lol) and do I have it with my lunch AND dinner - what about breakfast? - thank you so far - and yes - I did wonder about bananas - I love grapes as well? Are they a 'bad' fruit choice?

I think the SW line is grapes are fine, but i know from other classes that some people are really affected by them.

You have to have 1/3 of superfree food on your plate at every single meal. It is this, that will restrict the calories and help to exercise portion control. Otherwise a plate of potatoes and meat will have a huge number of calories, even if it is all fat-free.

I was told that even breakfast needs to have the 1/3 proportions, but that it can be fruit eaten at the same time.

Fruit and superfree snacks don't count towards the 1/3 superfree with each meal.

Personally, i've found it works better for me if I have at least half the plate of superfree, if not more.

I'm so glad to be back on this diet - it feels like coming home (to plates of veg!!)

Definitely not enough superfree - your meals should be made up of a third superfree.
I wouldn't say lunch should be 3 bananas and a mugshot, nor a tin of beans - could you not try to have something a bit more substantial?
It is advisable to have some fruit on your cereal, but not essential as you are using your healthy extras for breakfast.
Your evening meals look good but I would try to change your lunches for meals rather than snacky things - try taking some left overs in perhaps?

thank you again

thank you everyone - i'm finally seeing some light - i couldn't see the wood for the trees - I have to admit my main problem is lunch time!!!!! any suggestions (as well as leftovers) I've decided this coming week I'm going to have a chicken breast or a fish fillet with veg for my main meals!!!
I don't mind being on a diet - in fact I am loving this "plan" -but it's soooo frustrating when I'm not losing or slow or putting on the weight - once again thank you.
(another thing is....how do you put your profile photos up on here?)

You won't be able to put pictures, edit your signature or thank people until you have 50 posts. You get a lot more privilidges then.

As for lunches.... have a look through the recipe threads or some people's diaries for inspiration or try some home made soup, jacket potato with beans and salad or with cottage cheese and salad, a chicken or ham salad, but my favourite is definitely left overs!!

There was an old plan of SW's that is essentially the same as extra easy, but with 2/3 of the plate being super-free instead of the usual third. It was called success express and was supposed to give your good losses (always worked for me). Increasing your proportions of the super-free stuff on your plate could get things moving a bit quicker. Nothing to lose by trying, other than weight!

I follow the old red plan rather than ee as I just couldnt get my head round the new plan, plus carbs is my buggest problem so pasta, spaghetti, spuds etc are no good for me.

However, I still am filling at least 1/3 to 1/2 of my plate with veg and most of the meals I cook in the evening are SW meals and are completely free.

I tend to not have my syns on a daily basis, as they cover what I have over the week, so more alcohol at weekends than than the week for example. Plus like last night when I ate 6 crackers with butter (spread) these pretty much came in around my syn allowance for the day. So I dont plan to eat syns, but on weeks when i dropped syns altogether I lost less weight so they are important.

there seems to be some confusion over whether u have to have 1/3rd superfree on ee and whether fruit is included or not have found this on s/w online so hope it clarifies it:
Is a third of a plate of Superfree Food mandatory on the Extra Easy plan?

A: No, we'd never insist you eat in a way that might not suit you. However, we encourage you to include a third of a plate of Superfree Food to keep Extra Easy extra low energy density (low calorie), extra satisfying and extra healthy to optimise weight loss.

Q: What are Superfree Foods?

A: Superfree Foods are super-satisfying for the appetite and very, very low in calories (or energy density). Fill one third of your plate with Superfree Foods and make them your first choice between meals. You’ll naturally limit your energy intake without counting a single calorie, and you’ll be enjoying a really healthy diet, making your weight loss success extra easy!

These include:

Fresh and frozen fruit

Vegetables - excluding potatoes, parsnips, sweetcorn, peas (apart from sugar snap and mange tout) and beans (apart from green varieties)

For the complete list, see your Food Optimising book.

is this ok for a day then

breakfast - 2 weetabix and 250ml ss milk plus 2 pieces of fruit

lunch - tin of tuna with salad plus 2 pieces of fruit

Dinner - portion of fish/chicken with veg and potatoes

snacks - fruit, mugshots and fat free yogurt

then my syns as a snack

trouble is i'm not a lover of salad - i love vegetables - just not salad ones

Looks good hun.
The only thing I would miss out is the mugshot as a snack. Snacks should be superfree if possible - however, it won't stop you losing, it's just SW advice.
If you don't like salad veg could you make a salad with raw vegetables? Shred some cabbage, add carrot and onion and make a big coleslaw salad with some extra light mayo maybe? Salad doesn't have to be lettuce and tomato etc, I love salad (all year round) and try to vary it as much as possible - I have raw mushroom and broccoli in salads too.

i'm not a lover of cold/raw veg full stop! could i - say have pickles instead eg beetroot, onions, gherkins, red cabbage?

I often have my roasted vegetables cold with some sliced meat as a salad at work - makes a nice change from lettuce sometimes!

ooo - this is good!!!! about to write a menu for next week from Wednesday! - just you watch I'm going to have a good weight loss next time!

Back