stuck

rugbykirsty87

Never Give Up
im getting really frustrated and stuck on my weight loss now, and i just feel like crying and giving up.

I was prescribed Reductil in August 09 and up until the beginning of January I had lost 2 stone 6lbs with it. I was taken off them, and i managed to lose another half a stone without them, and now my weight will not shift anymore. For the past 3 weeks it has constantley been at 13 stone. I have about another stone till ive got to where I would like to be, but it just wont go. Ive up my exercise, and checked my calories out. Im having just under 1500 calories a day, exerciseing half an hour to an hour a day, and nothing will shift.

Please help! xx

Have you calculated your BMR? That'll tell you your minimum amount of calories a day, then you should substract 500 calories a day, and you should lose a pound a week doing nothing! With the exercise it should fall off.

I'm not sure about the Reductil tho but if you drop the calories, it'll give your body a shock and should restart your weight loss.

Good luck, hope it works!

Thanks Peachy.

Ive calculated my BMR, and subtracted 500 and got just under 1500 cals as what I should be eating. Still nothing is budging. Ill see what this week brings, i hope it all works as im getting so frustrated now! x

I am in a similar position. Nothing for the past couple of weeks despite exercise. I have decided to up my calories a little.

Been naughty today and binged on chocolate - will start good again tomorrow, dedicated.

Maybe you should give your system a boost and drop to 1400? Surely it'll react then. Keep calm and carry on x

weighed myself for this week and despite eating 500 cals lower then my BMR I havn't dropped a single pound. I may have to go down to 1400 cals, nothing is shifting.

Hey Kirsty, that sucks! Are you sure you calculated it right? Sometimes it takes a couple weeks to be effective. I'm heavier but also taller than you and I stick to 1200-1300 cals a day and I've been losing an average of 2 pounds a week.

Sure everyone is different tho... hope it works out for you x

I hope ive calculated it right! I worked it out online, and then did the same calculation on my body fat monitor and same number appeared. I hope somthing kicks in soon!

Thanks just peachy. Ive done exercise twice this week too, but have managed to hirt my back, so wont be able to do anymore this week. I was hoping things kick in soon as Ive made sure ive not been over my calories and ive had no bad foods or anything. im hoping to lose the stone by 18th April, although the chances of it are slim :( x

No problem :) Sucks that your hurt your back tho :( I hurt my ankle a few weeks back and it was tough on the diet and my attitude too. Don't let it get you down and focus on what you're eating.

Maybe if it still doesn't work (lets hope not) double check your calories and portions, sometimes they're quite sneaky and it's easy to be eating more calories than you thought you were.

Let us know how you get on and when the pounds drop!

I weigh in again tomorrow so ill let you all know how ive gone.. i will be distraught if i dont drop any weight ive been back to exercisisng 3 times a weeks, portions and food havnt got bigger or unhealthier nothing.. Its got to goo!

im distraught, ive put in so much effort, so much hard work and not cheated and put on a pound. Im worked with my BMR, done my exercise, everything. Why is this happening to me :( :cry:

Aw honey, that sucks. :hug99:

Hopefully it's just your body being weird this week, water retention and what not and that next week it'll compensate for it.

Keep your chin up x

hey Kirsty, sorry to hear you're still struggling. Are you positive you're not having "odd bites" of anything which could be mounting up?

If you're certain your eating what you think you are, I'd say just stick with the same thing for a couple of weeks so your body can get used to what you're doing. Also, are you drinking enough water? Weeks where I drink less I seem to lose less.

Have you measured to see if you're losing inches and not lbs?

Other than that I don't really have any suggestions for you, but just hang in there, don't lose motivation and it will figure itself out in the end!

Hi rugbykirsty87,

I've tried working out my BMR online and it says I should lose weight having 1400 calories a day. If I eat that much I don't lose anything at all, I have 1200 a day and I am losing weight. My losses aren't big but as long as it's coming off I don't mind. It may be worth dropping your calories for a week to see what happens.

Tracey

hey Kirsty, sorry to hear you're still struggling. Are you positive you're not having "odd bites" of anything which could be mounting up?

If you're certain your eating what you think you are, I'd say just stick with the same thing for a couple of weeks so your body can get used to what you're doing. Also, are you drinking enough water? Weeks where I drink less I seem to lose less.

Have you measured to see if you're losing inches and not lbs?

Other than that I don't really have any suggestions for you, but just hang in there, don't lose motivation and it will figure itself out in the end!

Hiya Sugar_Fiend
Thanks for your suggestions, I have made a food diary and checked out what ive been eating, I havnt been eating anything bad, theres nothing in my house to eat thats bad, and i refuse to buy any noughty foods.

Im not sure if im losing inches, but my clothes dont feel that much loser then before, I have a feeling like im due on (but my periods a couple of days late, so I think I may well have another month of the feeling of the period but nothing happens, im a PCOS sufferer too), but that wouldnt explain the other 3 weeks ive had no weight loss.

I drink 2 -2.5 litres of water a day. I feel like I pee for England. !!
x

Tarotwomen

Ill have a look at dropping to 1200 cals a day, if I lose weight after dropping that low, would i have to eat that little to sustain the weight Ive lost?

x

hey kirsty sorry to hear you're stuck, maybe have a look at a different form of exercise? i lost 4 stone before just by walking and calorie counting but then i got stuck like you and i never got down to the goal weight. i found out that if i had mixed cardiovascular (walking) with strength building exercises it would have been better for me. apparently the more muscle you have the more calories you burn by doing nothing:)

you don't have to go body building now but look at simple things like hillwalking, cycling or swimming which have bit of both in them:) hope it helps somewhat although you probably have been through this.

Thanks hun, I have done, but thanks for taking the time to post xx

Have you checked your body fat percentage? Or measured yourself to check for losing inches rather than weight? It could be that you're building muscle with all that exercise. Don't give up - you've accomplished so much so far.:)

Thanks for all the replies everyone.

Im going to drop a bit lower for this week. See what happens when im on 1400 cals a day. I dont think i could servive on 1200, and then weigh myself. Although my flatmate has also weighed herself on my scales and over the past 5 days has lost a stone, which i think maybe a little wrong! So I may well have to buy another set of scales. x

Back