Stupid question, possibly with no answer!!

chloecat

I have a pretty dumb question, but thought I might as well ask in case anyone has an answer!!

How long do you think it takes after eating food for it to sufficiently pass through your system to not affect your weight? I weigh in tonight at 7pm and like to avoid eating in the hours running up to it. It is now 3pm and I've just finished quite a big lunch as I had a stressful morning and was very hungry (all free foods and some superfree, no syns). Do you think a meal eaten 4 hours before weigh in would have much impact?

I don't want to get into a silly habit like not eating on weigh-in day, but likewise would like to be sensible in terms of not messing up my results!

It'll still be in your system for weigh in :sigh:

I am lucky that my weigh in is 10am so I don't have to wait too long to have something to eat, I couldn't cope with a late weigh in as I wouldn't be able to eat so that I would hopefully weigh less ;)

If you say, eat an apple in the morning, the 'weight' from the apple will be gone by WI because you would of easily burned it off during the day. However, what you do need to worry (well, not worry but think about!) is the associated water weight. If you have something salty, your body will store water (which is heavy!) for a good few hours. I would suggest if you do want your WI to be as low as possible, don't eat salty/high sugar foods on WI day and tone down on the water for about 4-5 hours before. I don't mean starve yourself or dehydrate yourself, just don't be turning up after drinking a 2 litre bottle if you want a true WI result :D

Not stupid at all, i always weigh myself in the morning now because i always weighed more at night. As above fluids weigh alot more, don't drink heaps before you go ;), you will be fine :).

I always try to eat similar things on weigh in day (I always eat brekfast and lunch but not dinner as I weigh in at 7pm) and wear the same clothes but like others say it all has an impact. Depends if you go to the toilet or not!!

Try not to worry too much (easier said than done) if you are doing all the right things then if you dont see the loss this week it will be there next week.

I think as long as you are doing things properly, you will loose weight. What you eat on the day shouldnt make too much of a difference and if it is you are still trying to cheat yourself. I am not trying to be harsh or critisize its just the game i have been playing for so long. I would say, just keep at it and be fair to yourself. You are worth it and can do it

not a silly question at all... It's nice to see the effects and I've done this from time to time.

I wouldn't worry about food on the day but look to the long term .... all the food you ate was good so why worry?

At the end of the day you'll still loose over a few weeks with the same result !!

Just make sure you have a big poo before WI....lol....sorry couldnt resist. Well done on the loss chick....fab!! xxx

Lol!!! Without going into too much info, I did indeed make sure I went to the loo before heading to my meeting..... ;) haha, well you started it!! Thanks all for the opinions, have decided to keep doing what I've been doing, namely eating normally on weigh in day but avoiding for the hours beforehand and waiting until after the meeting for my dinner.

chloecat said:
Lol!!! Without going into too much info, I did indeed make sure I went to the loo before heading to my meeting..... ;) haha, well you started it!! Thanks all for the opinions, have decided to keep doing what I've been doing, namely eating normally on weigh in day but avoiding for the hours beforehand and waiting until after the meeting for my dinner.

Mr All Bran is your friend ;)

Back