Stupid question...

Clareel

Persistence not perfection
Hi guys I'm wondering if anyone can help, I'm using MFP and really enjoying calorie counting but I'm finding it a little hard to believe all the things I can eat!

Like today I walked for 90 minutes burning 300 calories, so is it right that I can eat those extra 300 calories back? It seems like so much!

And some days I go to the gym and burn 800+ calories, can I eat all of them back as well?!

Sorry if this is stupid because I'm sure the answer is yes, or exercise calories wouldn't get added back on to the the 'calories left' on MFP, but I just can't believe I can eat that much!

I'd like to know this too. I'm pretty sure that you do eat the calories back BUT I do think that mfp overestimates how many calories you burn. I could be wrong though.

You can eat your calories burned if you want to but why would you want to when it just means you lose weight quicker . I agree though I wouldn't necessarily trust the calories burned on mfp alone. I would check it with other websites as well

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Clareel said:
Hi guys I'm wondering if anyone can help, I'm using MFP and really enjoying calorie counting but I'm finding it a little hard to believe all the things I can eat!

Like today I walked for 90 minutes burning 300 calories, so is it right that I can eat those extra 300 calories back? It seems like so much!

And some days I go to the gym and burn 800+ calories, can I eat all of them back as well?!

Sorry if this is stupid because I'm sure the answer is yes, or exercise calories wouldn't get added back on to the the 'calories left' on MFP, but I just can't believe I can eat that much!

I eat mine back as I'm set to 1200kcal, only eat them back if u want to though, no point just eating for the sake of it x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

I never eat any of my calories back, and for one simple reason.

If I stop exercising, I will be used to eating that volume of food and find it harder to cut back.

I eat between 1400 and 1800 a day (usually nearer 1400), even when I burn 800 off at the gym.

I've been eating mine back, although I don't earn that many (mainly walking) and I'm happy with my weight loss. Sometimes I need the extra cals and I feel good for earning them rather than just eating more or going hungry

Thanks for all the replies guys, I've read around a bit and im just going to eat them back up to 1200 net each day :)

Good idea :)
I was about to weigh in that I was doing this when exercising more and I was still losing 2lbs a week :)

I just eat some of mine back. It varies but I find it gives me the flexibility to go a little over and not worry too much. Not that I'm an exercise monster or anything lol! If you eat none of them you might find your loss stalls or slows. Eat them all and it may be hard to adjust if you do a little less. Somewhere in the middle seems sensible! X

Back