su Maleic acid

su filer

Hi there new to this group guys.
Can someone tell if Maleic acvid knocks you out of ketosis also as well as citric acid?? thanks so much...bet it does buggar! as asda diet coke doesnt have citric in it but maleic.
Best wotsits
su

You might be better posting this in a specific diet thread, where they know more about ketosis..... maybe a vlcd thread.
Personally I have no idea. Sorry!

~Silence~

Citric acid is a big nono.

malic acid is also a 'no' I'm afraid. There was a theory that malic acid was okay from week 3 in moderatation, but many people found that it was making them hungry and starting to crave so it's not 'allowed' any more.

The CD drink flavourings from week 3 are often a life savour. Sparkling water is also good if you need that 'fizz' and you can have that from day 1 :)

malic acid is also a 'no' I'm afraid. There was a theory that malic acid was okay from week 3 in moderatation, but many people found that it was making them hungry and starting to crave so it's not 'allowed' any more.

Therefore the CD water flavourings are a no-no. The flavourings containg Malic acid also. :confused:

Therefore the CD water flavourings are a no-no. The flavourings containg Malic acid also. :confused:

Well, not exactly, but I can understand the confusion. The flavourings are restricted for a start. From week 3 (as earlier can cause problems), 1 teaspoon a day (which would be hard to translate into cans of coke), and only with care as the CD flavourings can also cause problems for those 'more sensitive'.

I know that some people can drink these things without a problem and that's fine, but I also hear of people drinking them, thinking it's fine, feeling okay after, but then wondering why the diet is so darn difficult and why they keep craving other things.

Might not be related, but IMO it's best to keep to the CD stuff for the best possible outcome :)

Maleic Acid

Thanks so basically, tis just suggested that it increases cravings for carbs, rather than actually slowing down fat metabolism,I will have to think about that as tis all relative,isnt it.
Best wotsits Su.

Thanks if I could fill with Asda diet coke, twould be much easier.
what a blighter,malic acid damn and all that((:)-
Cambridge, fed up with water even with orange powder allowed.
Never mind on and up.
Su down South

Back