Success Express - Have I got it right?

Irene

Silver Member
Morning all
Need to get back on track, had a bad month during October - my fault didn't go to class.:eek:
Have been honest with myself since Wednesday everything written down and I got on the scales this morning and guess what I weigh heavier than I did last Wednesday morning. I know I shouldn't have but starting 3 days of success express after a chat with my SWC last night - isn't it good that she rings to see how we are doing.:)
So my menu for today (think I have got the SE info sorted):
Breakfast: 1 slice W/M (HexB) topped with loads of grilled mushrooms.
Sunday Lunch: Quorn roast on 1/3 of plate and the remaining 2/3's all vegetables
Supper: 1 slice W/M(HexB) topped with loads of salad and 1 oz cheese (HexA)
Using other HEA for 250ml ss milk
Syns: Small amount of gravy, sage and onion stuffing
Snack: Fruit and Yoghurt
Aiming for 4 glasses of blackcurrant squash/water - no added sugar (can't drink water on its own).
Anyone who knows about/tried SE - is this correct?
Thanks Irene:)

Sorry hun Success Express confuses me. You can tell me over and over again and I still sit there with a blank look on my face. But I am sure someone will be along soon that knows.:)

Breakfast: 1 slice W/M (HexB) topped with loads of grilled mushrooms. FINE :D
Sunday Lunch: Quorn roast on 1/3 of plate and the remaining 2/3's all vegetables i think quorn roast is free on both days (superfree), so if you were to have roast potatoes, that would be your 1/3 and the veg and quorn would be 2/3
Supper: 1 slice W/M(HexB) topped with loads of salad and 1 oz cheese (HexA)
Using other HEA for 250ml ss milk
Syns: Small amount of gravy, sage and onion stuffing
Snack: Fruit and Yoghurt
Aiming for 4 glasses of blackcurrant squash/water - no added sugar (can't drink water on its own).
Anyone who knows about/tried SE - is this correct?
Thanks Irene:)

apart from what i've highlighted in red - everything looks fine. just remember anything sinned has to be the highest sin value from either day.....eg, if you were to eat a pork sausage you would have to count it as the sin value from a green day rather than a red. Hope that makes sense :D

Hi
Thanks for your replies:) - think I need to sit down and read my book.:eek:
Karen - As I am not having roasties I think I will be okay with my dinner?
Didn't realise that you had to syn the highest value - I thought that was mix and match?
All my days are green as a vegetarian so I really am going to put a lot of thought into the plan - will speak to my SWC on Tuesday as this is initially a 3 day trial.
Irene

Hi
Thanks for your replies:) - think I need to sit down and read my book.:eek:
Karen - As I am not having roasties I think I will be okay with my dinner?
Didn't realise that you had to syn the highest value - I thought that was mix and match?
All my days are green as a vegetarian so I really am going to put a lot of thought into the plan - will speak to my SWC on Tuesday as this is initially a 3 day trial.
Irene

it takes a bit of getting used to. i'm veggie too - can get frustrating on success express if you fancy snacking on something like pasta.

Hi
I think it is the snacking that is putting me off track:( - I know this free food is supposed to mean that but I can eat so much rice and pasta and know that is where I could be going wrong - all down to portion control?
Irene

Hi
Have just read the pages on SE in my book and realised in time that I had made a mistake with my Sunday roast - there were parsnips on my plate (hubby cooks Sunday dinner), so as they are not listed as superfree foods I only had 1 that was on a third of my plate? and quorn and all my other veg counted as two thirds?
This is confusing for me.
Also I take it I can still have rice and pasta but that counts as a third of my plate?
If I have got this right then I think I will do the weekends as SE (my hardest 2 days and I will therefore be watching my portions)? The weekdays will be 'normal' days.:eek:
Irene

Hi
Have just read the pages on SE in my book and realised in time that I had made a mistake with my Sunday roast - there were parsnips on my plate (hubby cooks Sunday dinner), so as they are not listed as superfree foods I only had 1 that was on a third of my plate? and quorn and all my other veg counted as two thirds?
This is confusing for me.
Also I take it I can still have rice and pasta but that counts as a third of my plate?
If I have got this right then I think I will do the weekends as SE (my hardest 2 days and I will therefore be watching my portions)? The weekdays will be 'normal' days.:eek:
Irene
Hi Irene, yes rice and pasta is 1/3 plate, anything in your book on red or green pages are 1/3 anything in orange pages(superfree) 2/3. Have fruit and yogurts as much as you want as usual. Your syns have to be the highest value i.e if you have sausage and its 1 syn on red day and 5 syns on green you have to count it as 5 syns.
I did SE a couple of weeks ago and lost 4lbs i was amazed. Its also good to use if you have had a bad day with your food go on it the next day or so and hopefully it will put it right. xxx

Hi
Thanks for the info.
Just about to have some chick peas that I roasted last night and then realised I wouldn't as they were syns on red.
4lb is a good loss especially as you are so close to target - did you do a whole week?
Thanks
Irene

Hi Irene, yes i did a full week, my weight loss had slowed down a bit as i was losing 1 week, sts the next week, losing the next and sts the next it became a bit of a pattern. As you said 4lbs when i am near my target was good going so it does work. When its my star week i am going to do a couple of days of it and see how it goes. xxx Loobylou

Back