Success Express - Have I got it right?

Discussion in 'Slimming World' started by Irene, 9 November 2008 Social URL.

1. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Morning all
    Need to get back on track, had a bad month during October - my fault didn't go to class.:eek:
    Have been honest with myself since Wednesday everything written down and I got on the scales this morning and guess what I weigh heavier than I did last Wednesday morning. I know I shouldn't have but starting 3 days of success express after a chat with my SWC last night - isn't it good that she rings to see how we are doing.:)
    So my menu for today (think I have got the SE info sorted):
    Breakfast: 1 slice W/M (HexB) topped with loads of grilled mushrooms.
    Sunday Lunch: Quorn roast on 1/3 of plate and the remaining 2/3's all vegetables
    Supper: 1 slice W/M(HexB) topped with loads of salad and 1 oz cheese (HexA)
    Using other HEA for 250ml ss milk
    Syns: Small amount of gravy, sage and onion stuffing
    Snack: Fruit and Yoghurt
    Aiming for 4 glasses of blackcurrant squash/water - no added sugar (can't drink water on its own).
    Anyone who knows about/tried SE - is this correct?
    Thanks Irene:)

2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. sonban

sonban Addicted to Minimins

Sorry hun Success Express confuses me. You can tell me over and over again and I still sit there with a blank look on my face. But I am sure someone will be along soon that knows.:)

4. Treats

Treats Silver Member

OOooo I don't know.. I keep asking people what it is ....sorry but sure you will get help soon

5. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

Breakfast: 1 slice W/M (HexB) topped with loads of grilled mushrooms. FINE :D
    Sunday Lunch: Quorn roast on 1/3 of plate and the remaining 2/3's all vegetables i think quorn roast is free on both days (superfree), so if you were to have roast potatoes, that would be your 1/3 and the veg and quorn would be 2/3
    Supper: 1 slice W/M(HexB) topped with loads of salad and 1 oz cheese (HexA)
    Using other HEA for 250ml ss milk
    Syns: Small amount of gravy, sage and onion stuffing
    Snack: Fruit and Yoghurt
    Aiming for 4 glasses of blackcurrant squash/water - no added sugar (can't drink water on its own).
    Anyone who knows about/tried SE - is this correct?
    Thanks Irene:)

apart from what i've highlighted in red - everything looks fine. just remember anything sinned has to be the highest sin value from either day.....eg, if you were to eat a pork sausage you would have to count it as the sin value from a green day rather than a red. Hope that makes sense :D

6. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi
    Thanks for your replies:) - think I need to sit down and read my book.:eek:
    Karen - As I am not having roasties I think I will be okay with my dinner?
    Didn't realise that you had to syn the highest value - I thought that was mix and match?
    All my days are green as a vegetarian so I really am going to put a lot of thought into the plan - will speak to my SWC on Tuesday as this is initially a 3 day trial.
    Irene

7. mod-karen79

mod-karen79 rainbows holiday buddy :)

it takes a bit of getting used to. i'm veggie too - can get frustrating on success express if you fancy snacking on something like pasta.

8. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi
    I think it is the snacking that is putting me off track:( - I know this free food is supposed to mean that but I can eat so much rice and pasta and know that is where I could be going wrong - all down to portion control?
    Irene

9. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi
    Have just read the pages on SE in my book and realised in time that I had made a mistake with my Sunday roast - there were parsnips on my plate (hubby cooks Sunday dinner), so as they are not listed as superfree foods I only had 1 that was on a third of my plate? and quorn and all my other veg counted as two thirds?
    This is confusing for me.
    Also I take it I can still have rice and pasta but that counts as a third of my plate?
    If I have got this right then I think I will do the weekends as SE (my hardest 2 days and I will therefore be watching my portions)? The weekdays will be 'normal' days.:eek:
    Irene

10. loobylou

loobylou Reached Target. woohoo

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(33.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Irene, yes rice and pasta is 1/3 plate, anything in your book on red or green pages are 1/3 anything in orange pages(superfree) 2/3. Have fruit and yogurts as much as you want as usual. Your syns have to be the highest value i.e if you have sausage and its 1 syn on red day and 5 syns on green you have to count it as 5 syns.
    I did SE a couple of weeks ago and lost 4lbs i was amazed. Its also good to use if you have had a bad day with your food go on it the next day or so and hopefully it will put it right. xxx

11. Irene

Irene Silver Member

Start Weight:
    11st5lb
    Current Weight:
    10st8lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st8lb
    Lost(%):
    0st11lb(6.92%)
    Diet:
    Weight Watchers
    Hi
    Thanks for the info.
    Just about to have some chick peas that I roasted last night and then realised I wouldn't as they were syns on red.
    4lb is a good loss especially as you are so close to target - did you do a whole week?
    Thanks
    Irene

12. loobylou

loobylou Reached Target. woohoo

Start Weight:
    14st0lb
    Current Weight:
    9st4lb
    Goal Weight:
    9st7lb
    Lost(%):
    4st10lb(33.67%)
    Diet:
    Slimming World
    Hi Irene, yes i did a full week, my weight loss had slowed down a bit as i was losing 1 week, sts the next week, losing the next and sts the next it became a bit of a pattern. As you said 4lbs when i am near my target was good going so it does work. When its my star week i am going to do a couple of days of it and see how it goes. xxx Loobylou

Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.