Success Express - very unsure...

chocahorrific

Just got WI and had 1lb off. I know it's still great, but I was expecting more (then got my period, so I guess that explains it!)

I asked about Success Express as I have two family gatherings this weekend and would like to manage myself as well as possible on the days I am on plan, but I got conflicting information from the sticky here :confused:

• I get that you take the highest syn value with something you are synning, but what plan am I referring to when I decide what food is free? My mentor insisted it was anything free on the EE, and not the Red/Green plan like I read here. I need to make sure I have this right, as I would normally eat LOADS of pasta and spuds on EE, and this obviously changes with plans!
  • My mentor said I do not *have* to snack on free foods only, I can snack on whatever I like as per normal, once I keep within my syn limit.
  • She also said I have to have 2/3rds of my plate filled with superfree food only, fruit or veg that is simply free won't count towards this amount. Just want to clarify on this as we're getting the shopping tomorrow and I want to make a list of what fruit and veg I need to get.

Free food is anything that is free on red and/or green - if something is free on red or green then it is automatically also free on EE so they are both saying the same thing really

Snacks are supposed to be superfree

Take a look at the success express booklet in your pack and the information/menu plan on the sw website :)

If the food is free on either red OR green then it is free on success express (and extra easy) snacks should be superfree but you can also use your syns to snack- think she just said this in a different way. Think superfree rather than free snacks eg apple instead of a mugshot but if you want to use your syns to have some chocolate for a snack then that's fine (otherwise you might not use them)

chocahorrific said:
But where Im confused is pasta and potatoes... are they not synned on the red plan, but free on EE?

My understanding of success express (and I think where your confused, sorry if I'm wrong) is that you can have things like pasta on potatoes as part of your meal... They are still free foods when eaten like that with your 2/3rds super free

HOWEVER, they aren't free when used as a snack. You would then have to syn them as they have syns in them on the original (red) plan when not used as a healthy extra.

I hope this helps in some way!!

Ah, that makes much more sense. I was getting worried since I did Original two weeks ago and my mentor told me I had to syn all/any spuds, pasta or rice, so I couldn't understand how it would be free in SE if it isn't in the red plan!

Just had a yummy omelette with cheese, mushrooms and onions - planned to have melon after it but I literally could not muster another bite!

The same foods are free on ee and success express, just swap the proportions around- 1/3 free and 2/3 superfree on success express. If your snacks are not super free then work out the highest syn value.

Ah, that makes much more sense. I was getting worried since I did Original two weeks ago and my mentor told me I had to syn all/any spuds, pasta or rice, so I couldn't understand how it would be free in SE if it isn't in the red plan!

Just had a yummy omelette with cheese, mushrooms and onions - planned to have melon after it but I literally could not muster another bite!

Thats not strickly correct with having to syn spuds on red days. You can have a small weighed one (amount in book, something like 200g) as an HEB. :)

You only need to syn the foods which are not free on both the green and red plan.
Like if you had a fish finger or a sausage you would count the highest syn value.

If you have a chocolate bar or pack of crisps then the syn value is the same on all plans. So its easier really to only have syns that are the same syn value on all plans to save confusion & syns for yourself too.

Pasta/potatoes are free on green so you can have this as a free food on SE.
Meat/fish is free on the red plan so you can have this as a free food on SE.
Just make sure 2/3 of your plate is superfree food x

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Pasta/potato/meat/chicken are only free foods on SE when eating them as part of a meal.

They aren't free to snack on, if you snack on them between meals then you must use the highest syn value... For example potatoes when not used as a HEXB on original would be synned.

When doing SE you can snack on super free, eggs and low fat yoghurt. As well as having your syns and healthy extras.

The eggs and low fat yoghurt bit has been removed now hasn't it? I thought it used to be that way as they were classed as superfree in the days before extra easy when it meant foods that were free on either plan rather than fruit and veg?

Just finished my first day, and I can honestly say snacking doesn't even become an issue - I'm stuffed!

Had porridge with milk for breakfast, and ate two pears after it.
Had a cheese, mushroom, onion and ham omelette for lunch.
Had pasta bolognese for dinner (literally full of peppers and onions) with two slices of nimble grilled with fry-lite and garlic powder.
Had a Muller Light Vanilla yoghurt with 4 large strawberries chopped in (not sure about this one, but I know the strawberries are free, I assume the yoghurt is too)

Haven't touched a snack all day, literally didn't feel a moment of hunger trying to squeeze in the three meals!! Delighted because last week I was having two Time-Out fingers or one and a packet of Velvet Crunch every day!

If the yoghurt is free, I'd love to try it for breakfast tomorrow with more strawberries, and maybe double my Nimble bread allowance for dipping into homemade soup! Is that allowed, or do my HEXBs have to be different?

I know Im probably missing something here, but how do I syn it since it's free on all three plans? And I had it literally with my dinner, I didn't wait an hour or anything.

Very confusing :confused:

Edit: Just noticed at the back of my new book for SE that I don't have to count a dessert as syns if it is free on Original and Green - so I'm assuming that means I don't need to worry about the yoghurt? It also says I can snack on fat-free dairy products.

I know Im probably missing something here, but how do I syn it since it's free on all three plans? And I had it literally with my dinner, I didn't wait an hour or anything.

Very confusing :confused:

Edit: Just noticed at the back of my new book for SE that I don't have to count a dessert as syns if it is free on Original and Green - so I'm assuming that means I don't need to worry about the yoghurt? It also says I can snack on fat-free dairy products.

What is it you want to syn Hun?
If you've had potatoes/pasta/meat/fish as part of your main meal then you don't need to syn them x

What is it you want to syn Hun?
If you've had potatoes/pasta/meat/fish as part of your main meal then you don't need to syn them x

Just wondering what the story is with Muller Lights - they're free on all plans and I had one for dessert - but Im being told that it has to be in a meal and I can only snack on Superfree foods. But how can I syn the yoghurt if it's free on all of the plans?

Back