Success Express

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi guys I thought I should join you all and try out success express for the next 7 days. I Will also be doing a whole lot of exercise while i'm at it. I will post my food and exercise diary later on today.

So my first try at success express today, hopefully I have gotten it right.

Breakfast
Dorcet Cereals Simply Delicious Muesli 35g (HexB 1) topped with banana, apple and grapes.

Lunch
Small chicken breast plus a handful of SW chips with portobello mushrooms and a rocket, tomato and cucumber salad.

Dinner
Roast Vegetables (aubergine, courgette, mushrooms, red onion, red pepper) cooked in a tomato based sauce plus a small bowl of penne pasta.

Healthy Extras

250ml SS milk (HexA 1)
30g Parmesan (HexA 2)
Muesli (HexB 1)
2 x hifi rocky road (HexB 2)

Syns
1tsp of honey 1
2tsp of sugar 2
2tsp olive oil 4
Ketchup 1
Philadelphia Ex light 1 1/2

Last edited:
Could someone please check day 1 of success express:

Tea with milk (hex a)
Swiss Bircher (40g porridge Hex B, Muller yoghurt, lots of raspberries + lg banana )

Hm pea + mint soup (onions, peas, mint + stock)
3 pumpkin ryvita (hex b)
Pear
3 huge strawberries
4 grapes

Snack - 1/4 very large orange

Tea - large salad - lettuce, tom, cucumber, (with 2tbsp tesco light choices honey + mustard dressing 1 syn)
Left ova spag bol (tom, mushroom, onion, garlic)

Peanut hifi bar (6 syns)
1 hard boiled egg
Lots of chopped raw carrot

Last edited:
Without sounding stupid, if I am doing Success Express can I not have a synned food on my plate with 1/3 free and 2/3 superfree - for example I have some breaded cod which I have and syn?

I was going to have the cod with s/w chips (1/3), and a massive salad on the side? Or can I not do this?

Maggie - looks about right to me - make sure though that the chicken and chips 1/3 doesn't end up as a tower with a flat 2/3 salad around it!
Slimby - Not sure the egg counts as a super free snack unless you had it with twice as much carrot at the same time?, but otherwise looks right!

I really liked Success Express when I tried it (though I rapidly ran out of vegetables!) To try and get my head around/remind myself to follow it it I followed a more simple rule (which I checked with my consultant) - never eat free foods without eating twice as much super free foods at the same time. Any HEx and syns are on top of that so ignore their contribution (although of course count your syns and measure your HEx as usual), and any free food you eat without balancing it with 2/3 super free should be syned.

So you can eat HEx, syns and superfree foods alone or in combination with each other, but if eating free foods must have them with twice as many superfrees OR you have to syn the free food. e.g. I could have a toasted cheese sandwich (HEx), but if I added ham to it I would then need to also add enough super free to balance the ham, OR if I can't/don't want to add superfree to the meal, I can syn the ham as if it were a green day (highest syn value).

I'm probably not explaining myself very well but that's how I followed SE ;) There's a risk on EE of filling up on free food snacks - SE seems to work by forcing you to limit your free food and fill up on superfree instead. The best thing about SE for me was getting to eat two HEb servings a day - carby luxury!

Thanks for checking for me

Eggs are ok as snacks - says so on sw website for success express but as it happens I had lots + lots of raw carrots so either way hopefully was ok.

Maggie - looks about right to me - make sure though that the chicken and chips 1/3 doesn't end up as a tower with a flat 2/3 salad around it!
Slimby - Not sure the egg counts as a super free snack unless you had it with twice as much carrot at the same time?, but otherwise looks right!

I really liked Success Express when I tried it (though I rapidly ran out of vegetables!) To try and get my head around/remind myself to follow it it I followed a more simple rule (which I checked with my consultant) - never eat free foods without eating twice as much super free foods at the same time. Any HEx and syns are on top of that so ignore their contribution (although of course count your syns and measure your HEx as usual), and any free food you eat without balancing it with 2/3 super free should be syned.

So you can eat HEx, syns and superfree foods alone or in combination with each other, but if eating free foods must have them with twice as many superfrees OR you have to syn the free food. e.g. I could have a toasted cheese sandwich (HEx), but if I added ham to it I would then need to also add enough super free to balance the ham, OR if I can't/don't want to add superfree to the meal, I can syn the ham as if it were a green day (highest syn value).

I'm probably not explaining myself very well but that's how I followed SE ;) There's a risk on EE of filling up on free food snacks - SE seems to work by forcing you to limit your free food and fill up on superfree instead. The best thing about SE for me was getting to eat two HEb servings a day - carby luxury!

Thank you, that's some good information right there. I have been really good and have cut down my free foods by at least 2/3 of what I would usually eat. Definitely increased my superfree, I hope the scales show that next week.

I didn't get a chance to update yesterday so here is my diary for yesterday and today. I managed to squeeze in 1hr 10min of Jillian michaels' Body Revolution. Don't know where I got the energy from considering that I'm eating far less. Might go running later on this evening.

Yesterday

Breakfast
All Bran 40g (HexB 1) topped with banana, apple and grapes

Lunch
Left over dinner of Roast Veggies and a bit of penne pasta

Dinner
A small cup of rice, a couple of meatballs and half a butternut squash, cauliflower and broccoli (So many veggies, was so stuffed after)

Healthy Extras
250ml SS milk (HexA 1)
30g Parmesan (HexA 2)
All Bran (HexB 1)
Kellogg's chewy delight (HexB 2)

Syns
1tsp of honey 1
2tsp of sugar 2
Protein Shake 6 (Need the extra protein more than ever to repair my poor muscles)
Ketchup 2
Philadelphia Ex light 1 1/2

Today

Breakfast
All Bran 40g (HexB 1) topped with banana, apple and grapes.

Lunch
Homemade butternut squash soup with bacon bits

Dinner
Stir fry beef with noodles and vegetables (cooked a whole bag of stir fry veggies)

Healthy Extras
250ml of SS milk A
Cheddar 30g A
All Bran 40g B
2 slices wholemeal B

Syns
1 Tsp honey 1
2 tsp of sugar 2
Stir fry sauce 2
Oil 2tsp 4

Last edited:
Today's success express eats:

Wed 20th March - green/success express

Tea with milk (hex a) //
Banana + apple

9.30am Legs bums + tums class (killer class)

10.30 - starving
Wm bun (hex b) 1 egg + 3 bacon
Half big plate full of mushrooms + 1/2 tin chopped toms

12.20 - 1/2 frozen mars (6 syns) - choc fix!

5.30pm - lots of raw carrot while warming up tea :)
bean + veg casserole (soooo much carrot, leek + onion with butter + kidney beans

Peanut hifi bar (hex b)
Pkt French fries (4 syns)
Hope its ok x

Last edited:
Hi hope it is ok to join this thread I am doing SE this week and would be grateful if someone could read through todays diary to see if Im on the right track

B = 2 weetabix, banana, yogurt
L = Vegetable soup which included pots and parsnips, 3 chilli Ryvitas with 5 laughing cow EL cheese triangles with lettuce, toms, cucumber
D= Chicken breast, pots, carrots, cabbage leeks and gravy 5 syns

Snacks = yogurt, apples, mousse made with quark, sf jelly and yogurt 3 syns, Aldi cheese curls 3 syns

Thanks

Hi hope it is ok to join this thread I am doing SE this week and would be grateful if someone could read through todays diary to see if Im on the right track

L = Vegetable soup which included pots and parsnips, 3 chilli Ryvitas with 5 laughing cow EL cheese triangles with lettuce, toms, cucumber

Snacks = yogurt, apples, mousse made with quark, sf jelly and yogurt 3 syns, Aldi cheese curls 3 syns

Thanks

I shall be making a SE diary as I need one great week next week!

Just looking at yours:

Your breakfast could do with more sf, 1 banana in ratio to your healthy extra and a yogurt is a little stingy in my opinion, otherthan that it looks great!

Thanks

Only just getting my head round SE but fm what u've wrote...
Bfast - no where near enough super free
Lunch - parsnips + pot are not super free - was the ratio of other veg 3 times as much?
Tea - was the chicken + pot portion small? So the veg filled 2/3rds of ur plate?

Hope that helps x

Thanks for your comments could I have a bowl of fruit after my breakfast would this count as SE?

Think lunch was ok there was definitely more sf veg in the soup in ratio to free veg

I did give myself a smaller portion of potato but it was my usual size chicken breast (usually do EE) should I have gone for a small portion? But I did pile the sf veg up.

Thanks once again

hi
ive just sat and read through all of this thread as my consultant has suggested i give se a go this week
does this look ok for a success express day?

breakfast
2 rashers bacon(fat removed),3flat mushrooms,tin of tomatoes
fresh pineapple
2 mugs of tea(1 syn for milk)

lunch
60g wholemeal roll with ham and 45g mozzarella(a)
large side salad(lettuce,grated carrot,cress,cucumber,tomato,red cabbage)
watermelon

bag of ww crisps(4 syns)

dinner
jacket potato with tuna,sweetcorn and fat free fromage frais
large salad(lettuce,grated carrot,red cabbage,cucumber,tomatoes,beetroot,cress)

snack
mug of tea(0.5 syn)
rocky road hi fi(3 syns)

Thanks for your comments could I have a bowl of fruit after my breakfast would this count as SE?

Think lunch was ok there was definitely more sf veg in the soup in ratio to free veg

I did give myself a smaller portion of potato but it was my usual size chicken breast (usually do EE) should I have gone for a small portion? But I did pile the sf veg up.

Thanks once again

BFast - just add more fruit either in porridge or straight after :)

As for lunch/tea portions - only you can see if ur percentages of free to super free are right if all laid flat next to each other. Must be at least 2/3rd super free to be success express.
Let's hope we get the results we want eh! Xxx

hi
ive just sat and read through all of this thread as my consultant has suggested i give se a go this week
does this look ok for a success express day?

breakfast
2 rashers bacon(fat removed),3flat mushrooms,tin of tomatoes
fresh pineapple
2 mugs of tea(1 syn for milk)

lunch
60g wholemeal roll with ham and 45g mozzarella(a)
large side salad(lettuce,grated carrot,cress,cucumber,tomato,red cabbage)
watermelon

bag of ww crisps(4 syns)

dinner
jacket potato with tuna,sweetcorn and fat free fromage frais
large salad(lettuce,grated carrot,red cabbage,cucumber,tomatoes,beetroot,cress)

snack
mug of tea(0.5 syn)
rocky road hi fi(3 syns)

Only just started on SE so thanks for putting your diary on here looks good to me but that doesnt count for alot at the min good luck

BFast - just add more fruit either in porridge or straight after :)

As for lunch/tea portions - only you can see if ur percentages of free to super free are right if all laid flat next to each other. Must be at least 2/3rd super free to be success express.
Let's hope we get the results we want eh! Xxx

Thanks for the reply it does take a bit more thinking about appreciate your comments

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back