Success Express

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been so bad the last few days, take aways, chocolate, crips, cheese mash!! i'm going to attemp success express for a few days before weigh in. Wish me luck, I think I know what i'm aiming for reading this thread. Thanks!

I think I need to give this a go! Really worried I'm gonna do it wrong though :(

Can I post my meals up every so often for advice please?

Breakfast today is - grapefruit, weetabix, milk. (HA/HB)

Is that ok?? :confused:

Sent from my XT890 using MiniMins.com mobile app

Hi all,
Been reading the posts and needed the inspiration, say heyyyy!
Two weeks of nothing much, stayed same and gained 1 tonight so ready to start this!!!!

I drank a bit too much wine and ate crisps at the weekend (crisps are so disastrous...), so I'm doing SE today and tomorrow before WI.

Just trying to get my head round it, so here's what I'm having today:
Breakfast: 2/3: tomatoes, mushrooms. 1/3: 2 tsp light butter (3 syns), 2 quorn sausages (2 syns). PLUS HExB1: 2 slices brown bread.
Lunch: (SW 'quiche')2/3: spinach, mushrooms, garlic, pepper. 1/3: potato, quark, l.f.cottage cheese, egg, tuna.
Dinner: (Salad) 2/3: Roasted onion, mushroom, pepper, beetroot, courgette, aubergine. Salad leaves. 1/3: green lentils, 40g soft goat's cheese (HExB2).
Snacks:
2 babybels (HExA)
Sugarfree jelly pot (0.5 syns)
Pineapple, mango and grapes
Pomelo

Not tooooo hungry yet..

Let me know if you spot any problems with this menu! Ta :)

Last edited:
Just trying to get my head round it, so here's what I'm having today:
Breakfast: 2/3: tomatoes, mushrooms. 1/3: 2 tsp light butter (3 syns), 2 quorn sausages (2 syns). PLUS HExB1: 2 slices brown bread.
Lunch: (SW 'quiche')2/3: spinach, mushrooms, garlic, pepper. 1/3: potato, quark, l.f.cottage cheese, egg, tuna.
Dinner: (Salad) 2/3: Roasted onion, mushroom, pepper, beetroot, courgette, aubergine. Salad leaves. 1/3: green lentils, 40g soft goat's cheese (HExB2).
Snacks:
2 babybels (HExA)
Sugarfree jelly pot (0.5 syns)
Pineapple, mango and grapes
Pomelo

Not tooooo hungry yet..

Hmm I stuck to this til about 11pm. Then I was just so hungry and craving carbs. I'd had the pomelo but it wasn't enough. So I made a slice of eggy bread (bread 2.5 syns, 1 egg, fried in frylight) with a tsp of Nutella (synned) and some strawberries. I THINK this is 'allowed' as it was all synned, even though it wasn't a superfree snack? Not sure if I'm meant to syn the egg, and if so how.

Not sure SE is for me really - I just got a bit hungry and sick of acidy/sweetness of fruit, and wanted to pig out. Think I'm better off sticking to EE/Green but maybe increasing my veg proportions just a little bit.

Eggs with breakfast would have helped.

I agree with coljack- eggs for breakfast really limits my later hunger and fuels the redt of the day. Quite bad to eat a carby meal at 11pm as it will just sit in your stomach all night and turn to fat :( try and fill up at breakkie and lunch so that you dont need as much in the eve...
Maybr make a homemade superfree soup and snack on that if you need something filling and superfree? Really nice and warming in the winter! :)

I thought quorn sausages would have the same effect as eggs due to the protein but maybe not - will try that if I do SE again. Gained 1.5lb this week so one day wasn't quite enough to compensate for my weekend syns. Determined to do better this week, though the dark evenings are really not helping my willpower!

Not a soup fan but maybe I can find some other warming, superfree snacks that are slightly more filling than my usual fruit salad.

Ta!

Subscribing to this so I can find it, just had a rough week

Hi everyone I've been trying to do this all week ( mummy wanting a slim tummy food diary) and I know its naughty of me but have weighed myself before mondays weigh in and I haven't lost anything :(
Could I be doing something wrong? My friend said it maybe because I'm having less than 5 syns a day?

Sent from my Hudl HT7S3 using MiniMins.com mobile app

It's only an anecdote, but one girl at my group did SE for a week and lost nothing (after several weeks of really good losses and she had a lot to lose). She was gutted, BUT the next week came back with a big loss. I also did SE for a couple of days last week and had a gain, then this week had my biggest ever loss. I wonder if there is something about SE that has a sort of delayed effect?! Don't despair!

I was having less than 5 syns a day thinking I would lose weight quicker

I'll carry on this week and see what happens on mondays weigh in

For the people having very few syns a day. Syns stands for synergy - NOT SINS! You are all adults and can choose your own paths - you all know how your bodies work, but please don't think there is something sinful about having syns. Many (maybe even most) people find that following the plan while including 10 syns per day works well. This is going to be a work in progress, it really is much better to be realistic about what you need to eat, basics plus ( whatever - treats etc). If you go minimalist - NO Syns - you will lose weight but you may also lose motivation. If you include syns you MAY lose weight more slowly, BUT you will keep losing longer and will lose more overall ( I promise). Come on guys - give yourselves a break :)

I agree with lass's post above. In many cases syns work out to be less calories than syn free foods like mugshots, muller lights, bachelors pasta n sauces etc, so if you are having a 'low syn' day and eating those things as a snack instead of a curly wurly it may well work out more harmful to be having less syns!
Calories in vs calories out is all that weight loss is based on. Enjoy your syns- 15 syns is 300 cal of allowed treats a day- rather than 250 cal of a mugshot and 100 cal of a muller and thinking it is better for you! That 6 syn curly wurly would be nicer AND less calories ;)

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back