Success Express

Status
Not open for further replies.
Yes - but as you say you are still supposed to use your syns, so I guess it doesn't really matter if you have them as part of a meal or have a snack instead. I generally have my syns during my meal, but if I choose to have them mid morning, as long as I wasn't eating more overall, it would make no difference to my losses. Like anything else do what works for you, these are guidelines not laws.

Yes I meant I eat my healthy ex plus syns not in meals :) but any other 'snacking' should only be superfree. I googled lots last night and it all mostly says that. We're all on the right track anyway hopefully :)

Hi, I've done my first success express day today and yes I did eat a HB egg as a snack so I'm following old-school rules where that was ok. Hopefully it won't make much of a difference but it really hit the spot!

Here's what I've eaten:

Breakfast: Strawberries, grapes and FF Greek yoghurt

Lunch: Salad (2/3) with chicken (1/3) and FF dressing

Dinner: Balsamic beef casserole - 1 syn (with carrots onion and mushroom) and roasted new pots (1/3), and carrots and tinned tomatoes (2/3). Sorry about the odd combo I was lacking in superfree veg!

Snacks: Milk in coffees (HEXA), Alpen light (HEXB), apple, pear , HB egg, Small slice of cake (10 syns and not going to have my second HEXB to compensate, I know that's not right but I felt a tad guilty...)

Hopefully that seems ok x

Swede would have been lovely in it actually. I might try that next time!

Yum carrot and swede mash is a fab idea for making up the 2/3 superfree... Guess I'm going to be popping out for a swede (and more carrots!) tomorrow x

Right ladies, i am sorry if people to repeat things they have already mentioed and i have ready through the 61 pages of peoples comments which are great but i would like someone to just confirm i am doing right by what i am doing:

I understand that have have 2/3 of my plate on superfree food and then 1/3 of my plate free foods which can be a mixture of both as long as this is still only 1/3 of my plate ie. chicken and pasta - Am i right ?

Snacks in between my meal have to be all superfree food like veg and fruit or one of my Healthy options - ??

For my breakfast i tend to just have cereal and then have some fruit as the morning goes on is this ok?

I am again allowed between 5-15 syns a day and these are to be used when i have my meals - i understand that i need to always use the highest syn value though. So does this mean if i had for example half a packet of microwave rice with salad which normally as a syn value on extra easy of 3syns/ Red Day 19 syns / green day 3 syns, then i need to us the syn value that this would be on a red day instead because that is the highest?

Also when i am following the SE do i follow the superfree and free foods from Extra easy so i have the option of either chicken/meat or pasta/rice/beans or a mixture as long as its only 1/3?

How long should you do Success express for?

Can you save a few of your syns up for the weekend when i normally have a little treat ie. Vodka and Soda Water or Take Away?

Sorry there are so many questions, i would just like some help so that i can get on the straight and get these lbs off!
If someone could help me with these queries and than i can put an example day to be checked over

Thanks in advance :)

Last edited:
Right ladies, i am sorry if people to repeat things they have already mentioed and i have ready through the 61 pages of peoples comments which are great but i would like someone to just confirm i am doing right by what i am doing:

I understand that have have 2/3 of my plate on superfree food and then 1/3 of my plate free foods which can be a mixture of both as long as this is still only 1/3 of my plate ie. chicken and pasta - Am i right ?

Snacks in between my meal have to be all superfree food like veg and fruit or one of my Healthy options - ??

For my breakfast i tend to just have cereal and then have some fruit as the morning goes on is this ok?

I am again allowed between 5-15 syns a day and these are to be used when i have my meals - i understand that i need to always use the highest syn value though. So does this mean if i had for example half a packet of microwave rice with salad which normally as a syn value on extra easy of 3syns/ Red Day 19 syns / green day 3 syns, then i need to us the syn value that this would be on a red day instead because that is the highest?

Also when i am following the SE do i follow the superfree and free foods from Extra easy so i have the option of either chicken/meat or pasta/rice/beans or a mixture as long as its only 1/3?

How long should you do Success express for?

Can you save a few of your syns up for the weekend when i normally have a little treat ie. Vodka and Soda Water or Take Away?

Sorry there are so many questions, i would just like some help so that i can get on the straight and get these lbs off!
If someone could help me with these queries and than i can put an example day to be checked over

Thanks in advance :)

I think you're basically on track there, except to follow SE your breakfast needs to change to a serving of a free food and lots of superfree. Ie muller yogurt with banana apple pear melon? Chopped in. Or like I said above a really filling quick SE breakfast for me is a tin tomatoes heated and drained, frylite 1 egg whisked up makes like Chinese flat omelette, chop up add to tomatoes. Or frylite egg and plate of mushrooms?
No you shouldn't just have cereal then fruit later, that's not really a SE meal.

Yes it's free food from either food group or just the one. Ie. tuna on small jacket potato, or a portion of pasta, or a 1/3 plate portion of meat/ fish. As long as its only a 1/3 it can be any free food.

You can eat your syns and healthy extra when you want, they don't have to be eaten in meals.

Any other snacking must be super free veg or fruit yes.

Yes you take the highest syn value, which never matters to me as I don't eat food syns. But if a sausage is higher on green then that's the value you choose.

Saving your syns for treat day is in my opinion the same on any plan, it doesn't work for myself. I'm guessing everyone works out what works for them. So if it effects your losses you know why.

People say you need at least 4 days out of the week for it to work, I try and do at least 6.

I'm not sure how long you could do it, you could do it forever if you wished, but it would lose its kickstart ability to boost your system. I imagine it used a couple of weeks before a big event or holiday or struggling to get to target :)
Hope that's helped good luck.

And incase anyone doesn't realise SE is detailed in the back of your Red/Green plan booklet in your starter pack :)

Last edited:
You don't have to have 2/3 superfree with your healthy extras - your body needs these regardless.
It would be a bit difficult to have 2/3 superfree with milk and cereal. I never have done and always lost a good amount of weight on SE.
They key is 2/3 superfree for meals and snack on superfree. Also look at the speed/super speed values of food which will boost your loss :)

thank you for your help. I have only just read this after eating my cereal so i am now munching on my fruit. I normally go the gym at 6pm in the morning twice a week and i have 2 weetbixs before and use these as my Healthy Option B and then when i get to work at 8:30am i would have my proper breakfast so i can this is when i need to stock up on fruit more. Am i ok to have like 3 pieces of fruit and some cereal and then have a little more fruit before lunch to keep me going. I tend to try and eat every2-3 hours. or am i best having fruit and yoghurt for breakfast and then having my cereal a little bit later as a snack?

Thanks for your help though. I am starting a fresh day today so any comment are welcomed, i have listed my day for today please can you let me know what you think?

Breakfast:
Cereal and 3 Pieces of Fruit

Snack:
Piece of Fruit

Lunch:
1/3 Pasta with 2/3 salad
Salad Cream (i will syn)

Snack:
Veg
2 weetabix (before i go the gym at night)

Tea:
1/3 Chicken 2/3 salad
Fat Free Dressing

I will use my healthy option A as my Milk and i have also had a glass of prune juice which i will syn.

Thanks

Great post.

Great thread just started se, I mashed up cauliflower tonight with other super free veg to fill the plate was good. X

thank you for your help. I have only just read this after eating my cereal so i am now munching on my fruit. I normally go the gym at 6pm in the morning twice a week and i have 2 weetbixs before and use these as my Healthy Option B and then when i get to work at 8:30am i would have my proper breakfast so i can this is when i need to stock up on fruit more. Am i ok to have like 3 pieces of fruit and some cereal and then have a little more fruit before lunch to keep me going. I tend to try and eat every2-3 hours. or am i best having fruit and yoghurt for breakfast and then having my cereal a little bit later as a snack? Thanks for your help though. I am starting a fresh day today so any comment are welcomed, i have listed my day for today please can you let me know what you think? Breakfast: Cereal and 3 Pieces of Fruit Snack: Piece of Fruit Lunch: 1/3 Pasta with 2/3 salad Salad Cream (i will syn) Snack: Veg 2 weetabix (before i go the gym at night) Tea: 1/3 Chicken 2/3 salad Fat Free Dressing I will use my healthy option A as my Milk and i have also had a glass of prune juice which i will syn. Thanks

Sounds good Hun :) xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

image-2761395702.jpg

image-4125836546.jpg

image-2092066061.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back