Success Express

Status
Not open for further replies.
It sounds a good menu but it really helps to take pics of your plate as I am not sure that dinner is 2/3 a 1/3 but if we saw your plate we would know.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

This thread is really helpful. I'm trying SE to give me a much needed boost this week though I've been so concerned because I'm eating more of stuff I've been told not to eat before (i.e extra Healthy Extras!) Here's my diary from yesterday, can someone let me know if I'm getting it right?!

B: Strawberries, kiwi & banana with Fat free yogurt and 35g muesli (HEXB1)
Morning snack: Apple
L: 2 slices of 40g wholemeal bread (HEXB2) with 30g cheddar cheese (HEXA1) and whole tin of peeled plum tomatoes
D: Lamb steaks with roast potatoes, carrots, broccoli and sliced green beans. Vanilla Muller light.

Syns: Kit Kat 5.5, Prawn Cocktail Pops 4 = 9.5

I also had 350ml skimmed milk for HEXA2 for teas and coffess throughout the day! :)

As long as the proportions are right, that sounds really good!
I'm going on hols in 2 weeks so I'm thinking of either a success express week or a fishy week on my return to lose whatever I gain!!

I think my concern is having the extra Healthy Extras. I've only ever stuck to Extra easy in the past so being told I can have two A's & B's is quite alien to me! :silly:

I don't think it matters too much if you don't use the additional ones - at the end of the day success express is just a more restrictive version of extra easy, you're not doing anything you couldn't do on extra easy so if you only want 1 of each Healthy extras then that's fine, but if the extra one stops you having non-superfree snacks or unwanted syns then use them.
You're doing really well sticking to it - it is tough!x

This is my 3rd consecutive day on SE and I love it! I like the idea of 2 of each hexes if I need them and its a great way of getting plenty of Superfree. If I have a good loss this week I might stay on it till target
But I'm with you plainlaurJane in that it somehow seems 'wrong!'
X

i used to love doing SE, however i don't have a fridge at the moment so its not possible. It really does work! I usually follow green so extra HEX's are normal to me, I'd find it hellish being on extra easy and only having 1!! I tend now to just do my 3 main meals as SE with 2/3rds superfree and then have my syns and HEX as usual, it makes a small difference but obviously not the full difference you'd get from SE.

I put on half a pound but I think the SE kept off more of the pounds cos I did have quite a binge on the Friday and then was picky. I'm going to try and do it on the weekends for now, as it's a bit more difficult when I'm in work!

That's a good plan. I tend to have Saturdays off and hope that SE does damage limitation! I'll find out tommorow when I weigh in!

Hi everyone, could you good people tell me if this typical days diary falls under the SE rules?

Breakfast
Omelette, made with 3 eggs, tablespoon of cottage cheese, ham, and packed with onions, tomatoes and mushrooms.

Lunch
Two toast (HexB) with half a tin of chopped toms, onions, mushrooms and 2 rashers of lean bacon, then 30g of cheddar grated on top (HexA) it's like pizza :)

Dinner
Either diet coke chicken, or extra lean savoury mince, with roasted carrots, butternut squash, cauli, broccoli, cabbage, and if it's a mince day then sometimes ratatouille.

I don't snack between meals, and my other Hex's would be milk for my coffee and either a 230g raw weight jacket potato or 200g of new potatoes. I usually do red days to control my carb intake which is why I use potatoes as my HexB.
Syns are usually a couple of vodkas or wine :)

Thank you,

Last edited:
It looks a good menu. I would say to you though to use your other heb on something else as you already limit carbs on se ( if you were to have a jacket you would only have one as the rest of your plate would be super free) it's so you get all the nutrients you need.

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins.com

Hi, willbeslimjen, thanks for your reply. What I may do is use a HexB on 2 weetabix as an afternoon snack on days that I can't have dinner until 8pm as I read on the SW site that yu can use Hex's as snacks.

Hi All Please can i join
I am new to the forum and I have been doing SW for the last 4 months on the EE plan , with very little success , i thought maybe i try red or green with 2 HEx
then i saw success express so i have started this on wednesday 1st oct for a good kick start and this is my 3rd day , so far so good , lots of fruit and i am not feeling hungry like i was on the EE plan.
I have made my own food diary for the SE plan and i complete every day. making sure i have 2/3rd plate Super free food and 1/3rd Free.
I am having plain porridge with fruit berries for breakfast, mid morning snack x fruit, jacket spud with cottage cheese and massive plate of salad, then dinner mainly meat , small amount of potato and lots of veg.
drinks i mainly drink decaff coffee with Semi skimmed milk , or diet lemonade, or hot water with lemon in.

its the weekend i fall flat , but i am going to save syns for a G&T in the evening (stay away from the wine)

any tips greatly appreciated.

My weigh in day will be next wednesday Good luck all ... i will keep reading the posts for some inspiration. xx

Last edited:
Hi Zippy, the only advice I can give you is to remind that success express shouldn't be used all the time, why not try the red or green day plan for a week and keep success express for when you have had a really naughty week? I do the red plan but after my sons birthday (Wed) and the mother of all binge on cake and pizza etc I'm on success express trying to get rid of the few pounds I gained plus a bit more. I will be back on red on Tuesday (weigh day!), hth! xXx

Does anyone have a list of super-free please?

Hello Slimmer's :D
I have spent the afternoon chatting to three consultants I am friends with & also one of my Slimming World buddies Selina who enjoys doing the Success Express plan.

Now I have sussed it out & understand it I want to give it a try this week.
Thought I'd make this thread so that I could share my meals & so you can help me make sure I am doing it correctly.

Also here is how you do the Success Express if you are unsure :)

Love Stacey xxxx

SW.gif

♥ WANT TO BOOST YOUR WEIGHTLOSS? ♥
♥ ♥ THEN TRY SUCCESS EXPRESS ♥ ♥

THIS IS HOW IT WORKS.......

♥ HAVE 3 MEALS A DAY

♥ EACH MEAL MUST HAVE 2/3 OF THE PLATE FULL OF SUPER FREE FOODS

♥ 1/3 OF YOUR PLATE MUST BE FREE FOODS FROM THE GREEN & ORIGINAL PLAN (YOU CAN ENJOY FOOD FROM BOTH PLANS OR FROM JUST ONE IF YOU WISH).

♥ CHOOSE YOUR HEALTHY EXTRAS. CHOOSE 1 OR 2 HEALTHY EXTRA A CHOICES & 2 HEALTHY EXTRA B CHOICES (THESE CAN BE USED AS PART OF THE MEAL).

♥ ANY SNACKS YOU EAT INBETWEEN MEALS MUST BE ONLY SUPERFREE FOODS (FOR EXAMPLE FRUIT & SYN FREE YOGURTS).

♥ STILL ENJOY BETWEEN 5-15 SYNS A DAY (ONLY RULE ON SUCCESS EXPRESS IS YOU HAVE TO COUNT THE HIGHER SYN VALUE..........FOR EXAMPLE IF YOU WERE TO HAVE A SAUSAGE THEN YOU WOULD COUNT THE SYNS AS A GREEN DAY).

♥ ENJOY & HAPPY SLIMMING ♥

so just for clarification, the 1/3 of the plate can be mixed form both green and red?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back