Such a long way ...

Ro Laren

7st 11lbs down ...
The initial euphoria of losing my first stone has waned today with a realisation of how far I still have to go. Yes, I've lost a stone. Only fifteen to go. I'm still super morbidly obese and will be for a while longer.

I don't feel like overeating, but I do feel quite down. Anyone got any motivational tips?

Which diet are you following :)

Hi there Ro,

Don't think of the long term battle and please just set yourself little achievable goals and just think how you will feel this time next year when you are several stones lighter? Every single, successful morbidly obese and big weight loss loser had at one time an equally long way to go before they reached their chosen goal but that didn't deter them and even though it must have seemed a really big mountain to climb, they eventually got there in the end didn't they? I personally try not to think of all the stones I have to lose Ro but if I add them up, then I too have another 15 stones to go just like you, so you are by no means on your own in your battle! However, I will just remind myself that every stone lost takes me another step further towards my target!

When you think how quickly time flys Ro it wont be long before you look back and say where on earth did the last 12 months go to and by then you will be a shadow of your former self so let that thought spur you on? Picture what you will look like in 1 year for example and remind yourself how important this is to your health, your happiness and your future and rejoice in the fact that are finally on the road to freedom at last!

I am with you on your journey so if ever you want a travelling companion you can always ask me to stand by your side and I will do my best help to make your journey easier!

Sue x

Last edited:
When I think of the massive amount of weight I have to lose I usually find myself in floods of tears... like Sue said... small goals are best, whether it's weight, or getting to the next dress size down. Either way, you're overall target does not seem so daunting when broken into smaller pieces. WeMITTS has a Xmas challenge (if you haven't joined already) so why not join us in setting yourself an Xmas goal?

I think its helpful not to focus too much on your weight and look at other benefits, which being slimmer, fitter and healthier bring. I've been dieting on and off for 8 months and have lost about 2 stone (I don't have an official start weight cos I wouldn't get on the scales) and already I feel slightly healthier, I don't huff and puff as much and my clothes fit better and I know there are more good feelings like that to come.

Failing all that, we lovely people here on Minimins are always happy to give a little encouragement and support. :)

Well done on your first stone loss and good luck on the rest of your journey.

~Silence~

Hi there Ro,

Don't think of the long term battle and please just set yourself little achievable goals and just think how you will feel this time next year when you are several stones lighter? Every single, successful morbidly obese and big weight loss loser had at one time an equally long way to go before they reached their chosen goal but that didn't deter them and even though it must have seemed a really big mountain to climb, they eventually got there in the end didn't they? I personally try not to think of all the stones I have to lose Ro but if I add them up, then I too have another 15 stones to go just like you, so you are by no means on your own in your battle! However, I will just remind myself that every stone lost takes me another step further towards my target!

When you think how quickly time flys Ro it wont be long before you look back and say where on earth did the last 12 months go to and by then you will be a shadow of your former self so let that thought spur you on? Picture what you will look like in 1 year for example and remind yourself how important this is to your health, your happiness and your future and rejoice in the fact that are finally on the road to freedom at last!

I am with you on your journey so if ever you want a travelling companion you can always ask me to stand by your side and I will do my best help to make your journey easier!

Sue x

Thank you, Sue x

Don't think of the whole amount you have got to lose it is too big. Instead have mini targets and as you achieve each one you'll be moving nearer.

Congratulations

Irene xx

When I think of the massive amount of weight I have to lose I usually find myself in floods of tears... like Sue said... small goals are best, whether it's weight, or getting to the next dress size down. Either way, you're overall target does not seem so daunting when broken into smaller pieces. WeMITTS has a Xmas challenge (if you haven't joined already) so why not join us in setting yourself an Xmas goal?

I think its helpful not to focus too much on your weight and look at other benefits, which being slimmer, fitter and healthier bring. I've been dieting on and off for 8 months and have lost about 2 stone (I don't have an official start weight cos I wouldn't get on the scales) and already I feel slightly healthier, I don't huff and puff as much and my clothes fit better and I know there are more good feelings like that to come.

Failing all that, we lovely people here on Minimins are always happy to give a little encouragement and support. :)

Well done on your first stone loss and good luck on the rest of your journey.

~Silence~

Thank you for your advice. I fear setting targets because of feeling down if they're not met. Also I have to negotiate my brother's wedding in Finland between now and Christmas!

Take a look at the inspirational slide show on here - and see how achievable it is.

Small steps ... like the next 1/2stone off .... look after the pounds and the stones will look after themselves!!

HI i just wanted to say well done for loosing the first stone, thats brilliant. Good luck with your weightloss - you can do it x

Back