Such a slow loss all the time!

I have a lot of clients who lose 2 - 3 lbs per week, but their dress sizes are dropping at an amazing rate!! And as I say to them - do you tell people what you weigh, or do they 'guestimate' your dress size?! Keep going Flopster and remember, the scales are just a small part of the picture :)

Just to let you know I did my chart ... it didn't take very long (I bought some graph paper sheets from Staples).

I did 126 1lb 'units' up the side (the amount I need to lose)and 36 week 'units' along the bottom (how long it will take at 3.5lb per week). I put a red dot at 3.5lb intervals each week until I got to the bottom and joined the dots up.

Then I did a blue dot for my ACTUAL losses and joined them up. All the time your line is below the red line, you're ahead of target: ahead of average. Even though my perception was that I was a slow loser, my line never goes above the red average line! It is consistantly below which means I'm ahead of average. Although I already knew this by doing the maths, there's nothing quite like 'seeing' it in front of your face.

I've got my chart stuck to the door and will add my new losses each week.

I recommend this for anyone who likes to SEE their progress rather than just imagining it as a concept.

Debbie x :)

Thanks Debbie, I actually have a weight loss chart that I found here:-

http://onmyweigh.com/tools/

I am going to see if I can some how put the 3.5 markers in as I have quite a nice little graph going now, if I can't manage it I am sure my husband can as he is a whizz on excel.

D_Q said:
I have a lot of clients who lose 2 - 3 lbs per week, but their dress sizes are dropping at an amazing rate!! And as I say to them - do you tell people what you weigh, or do they 'guestimate' your dress size?! Keep going Flopster and remember, the scales are just a small part of the picture :)

Thanks DQ, you are damn right (of course), I have actually gone from a top end 22/24 down to a size 18. I really want to be a size 16 by the time the kids go back to school and then my final target is to be able to wear a size 14 outfit from Per Una to a big women in business function in October, that will be a major achievement for me.

El_Dablo.jpg
MUHAHAHAHAHAHAHA

Hi Flopster,

I know where you're coming from, however, we know deep down, we are doing the right thing.

I am on day 27 of LL, like you I'm a slow loser compared to the others in my group. Last night I went for a quick WI as I can't make mondays group, and guess what?...I had lost zilch!. I came home and stomped my feet like a spoilt brat:(
I thought about all the walking I'd been doing on the treadmill, all the GALLONS of water I've forced down my throat:eek: all the food I've not touched, I'm sure you get the picture;) I just couldn't believe I hadn't lost anything!

Once I'd calmed down, my OH pointed out that:

a) There's no way I can't lose weight on this diet.
b) Look at what I've achieved since I started out.
c) It's about the journey not the scales
And he's right...again lol

I must also add, previously, had I been following any other kind of diet, I would have immediately thrown in the towell and eaten for England:eek:

So let's throw away any negative thoughts, they are sooooooooo not our friend, and bring on the positives...big time.

I am going to give 100 days 100%. I know my body is changing shape, many of my clothes are hanging off my shoulders now, so it's working.

I am about to go to Norfolk for a few days, and although my OH will be able to enjoy lovely meals out, I will sup my delicious:eek: soup and shakes lol. It's not like I'm never going to eat "real" food again. I have made a choice to lose lots of weight and get my life back.

Please stick with it, you have come such a long way in so little time.

I feel without reading your post, I might easily have given up. Thanks for sharing.

I might not be online much in the next few days, but, I will be thinking of you, and all the other people on here who are changing thier lives, for the better.

Bye for now and look out Norfolk , here I come:D

That's a great post Mrs Skint :D

There is no point in comparing your losses to everyone elses.

All you need to know is that a VLCD is the the fastest way for your body to lose the weight safely. Your body will lose it at the rate it sees fit but it will be the fastest it can ;)

Yep, that certainly is a great post Mrs Skint:cool:

Fingers crossed that you meet your goals, but if it doesn't happen then try to look at the bigger picture.

I teach the piano, and something I've noticed is that it's not necessarily the talented children that do the best. It's the ones that plod on, coming each week, doing their bit.

Never preforming to a wonderful standard in a short amount of time, but they just keep coming making small steps that are hardly visible.

All of a sudden you notice that hey...they are playing pretty darn well. Often better than the ones who found it all came so naturally. When did that happen?:confused:

I lost about 2-3lbs a week. Snarled at everyone who was losing more:D, but in a way, I think that gave me an advantage. I knew that I daren't cheat as it just wouldn't come off so quick. Easy come, easy go isn't the best lesson.

So stick with it and enjoy the moment. Each pound is 3500 less calories than the average person eats to maintain. Every pound loss is amagnificent achievement.:cool:

Hi Flopster,

I know where you're coming from, however, we know deep down, we are doing the right thing.

I am on day 27 of LL, like you I'm a slow loser compared to the others in my group. Last night I went for a quick WI as I can't make mondays group, and guess what?...I had lost zilch!. I came home and stomped my feet like a spoilt brat:(
I thought about all the walking I'd been doing on the treadmill, all the GALLONS of water I've forced down my throat:eek: all the food I've not touched, I'm sure you get the picture;) I just couldn't believe I hadn't lost anything!

Once I'd calmed down, my OH pointed out that:

a) There's no way I can't lose weight on this diet.
b) Look at what I've achieved since I started out.
c) It's about the journey not the scales
And he's right...again lol

I must also add, previously, had I been following any other kind of diet, I would have immediately thrown in the towell and eaten for England:eek:

So let's throw away any negative thoughts, they are sooooooooo not our friend, and bring on the positives...big time.

I am going to give 100 days 100%. I know my body is changing shape, many of my clothes are hanging off my shoulders now, so it's working.

I am about to go to Norfolk for a few days, and although my OH will be able to enjoy lovely meals out, I will sup my delicious:eek: soup and shakes lol. It's not like I'm never going to eat "real" food again. I have made a choice to lose lots of weight and get my life back.

Please stick with it, you have come such a long way in so little time.

I feel without reading your post, I might easily have given up. Thanks for sharing.

I might not be online much in the next few days, but, I will be thinking of you, and all the other people on here who are changing thier lives, for the better.

Bye for now and look out Norfolk , here I come:D

Hi Mrs Skint,

Thanks for sharing and apologies for not replying sooner, I have only just seen this :confused:

You are of course very right. I stayed the same last night but had a bit of a blow out on Sunday night and it is TOTM as well as drinking 5 1/2 litres of water trying to get myself back into ketosis.

Last night's session was on crooked thinking - effectively that "all or nothing" mindset we all seem to have. It was mindblowing stuff and so very powerful.

I hope you are over your disappointment now and still going strong.

:)

Hi Flopster.. hope you're having a good day and heading your way back to ketosis:) You're right that an all or nothing attitude can be so very destructive.. I'm finally managing to come to terms more with not being perfect all of the time and accept my slips for what they are.. it's all a huge learning curve but we're heading in the right direction:D

love xx

Hi Mandy

I am doing great this week! I am refocussed, back at work(ish) and feeling back in control.

For me, it has been a journey of discovery and learning - OK I may have blipped but so long as I have really learnt from it and understood the reasons why I am willing to forgive myself.

Your loss is brilliant, you must be so proud of yourself!

Hi Flopster,

Just wondering how you are getting on?

Restarted myself yesterday and in ketosis already:)

Two days nearer to my party dress:)

Back