Sudden, unexpected intolerance for the product. Has this happened to anyone else?

pandora2014

This week I really hit an invisible wall with the Lipotrim. Suddenly I am having trouble tolerating the taste. I am not interested in the morning shake, which I used to look forward to, and I can barely force myself to drink half the soup in the evening. The idea of the packets makes me slightly ill just to think about it. So I am getting down as much as I can, but that's probably only half of what I am meant to be taking.

This came out of the blue--I was doing so well. I am still 100%, no cheating. But clearly if this keeps up, I am going to have to switch products. I am thinking of switching over to Cambridge, as I am hearing their products are more appetizing. Will try to stay on the Lipotrim for another two weeks or so until my supplies run out... Oye! Has anyone else had this experience of suddenly developing an intolerance for the product?

I am just headed into Week 8, so I've put quite a lot of effort into this. I hope this unexpected development is just a bump in the road that will pass. No matter what though, I am keeping going. It's going to take more than this to knock me off my horse!

Maybe it's just a temp thing, I mean 8 weeks of nothing but the products is long and maybe it's just your mind craving something different? They aren't the most pleasant tasting products to start with, I sometimes gag when drinking or even hold my nose .. And I never look forward to them either. I just think that nothing tastes as good as feeling slim feels so to just drink them. If you are really finding it impossible then you must change I think.

aw no i hope your okay,
thats tough,
are you going to weigh ins or doing it alone?
id speak to your pharmacist about it, im doing lipotrim from my chemist so im able to talk to her about it.
i can ask her for you if you want?

Thanks Katie and Liveadream,

I went for a few days on just one packet, then went back up to two, and today managed three. So definitely a temp thing, but I still haven't returned to the level of okayness with the product I had before. Usually can't finish the last third of the shake without gagging. But when I get to that point, I dump the rest down the drain and wait for the next one. Not giving up. Nope. Doing this once and only once (remind me of that in 8 months when I am back to lose a few I put on). Headed into week 9 tomorrow. Keeping going. Hope you all are having good weigh ins and good spirits.

Thanks Katie and Liveadream,

I went for a few days on just one packet, then went back up to two, and today managed three. So definitely a temp thing, but I still haven't returned to the level of okayness with the product I had before. Usually can't finish the last third of the shake without gagging. But when I get to that point, I dump the rest down the drain and wait for the next one. Not giving up. Nope. Doing this once and only once (remind me of that in 8 months when I am back to lose a few I put on). Headed into week 9 tomorrow. Keeping going. Hope you all are having good weigh ins and good spirits.

You won't be doing it again in 8 months.... Positivity is key... Are ya gonna do the likes of slimming world afterwards???

hi all, while im not the same as pandora im after getting a cold or virus or something and literally havnt had a shake in a day and a half well a bit more its 8:30 now on the second day.
i cant get the water into me and am feeling rough but im not feeling hungry or thirsty or anything i dunno what to do.
tried to have a shake yesterday and couldnt stomach it...
anyone had days like this?

Hi guys- I can't stomach the texture of shakes, I've never been able to drink any form of milkshake. I make mine up like a mousse and shovel it down with water so it's one in seconds!!

Hope you're feeling much better now liveadream. I had a few days when I could barely get one shake down and more days than not when I can only get two down. Rare is the day I can stomach three. But I wasn't sick like you, and I did okay for the most part--lost 35 pounds. Am nearing the end of a two week refeed and will be starting up again at the end of this week week on TFR to lose the last 30.

Seriously, Katie. I went through an odd stage there after being fine with 3 per day for quite a few weeks. But when I can only get down two, I do take a multi vitamin, so I like to think that helps. Going back to Ireland in early April, so supplies will be plentiful again too.

I have only had one day where I could only stomach 2, I just couldn't face my 3rd shake and the idea of having it made me want to vomit. Rest of the time ive had 3 but often force that last one down ... It's something about the 3rd one with me. Mental block maybe but my pharmacist stressed the importance of it so scared me a little lol.

I have only had one day where I could only stomach 2, I just couldn't face my 3rd shake and the idea of having it made me want to vomit. Rest of the time ive had 3 but often force that last one down ... It's something about the 3rd one with me. Mental block maybe but my pharmacist stressed the importance of it so scared me a little lol.

That's mad I've got no problems with the shakes... I have the vanilla and chocolate hot with a few (6 hah) sweetners and the strawberry is grand as is...

But after having the maintenance summer fruits (DELISH) they seem a little more bland... But i dose the chicken soup with pepper too... Makes them all more palatable for me

That's mad I've got no problems with the shakes... I have the vanilla and chocolate hot with a few (6 hah) sweetners and the strawberry is grand as is...

But after having the maintenance summer fruits (DELISH) they seem a little more bland... But i dose the chicken soup with pepper too... Makes them all more palatable for me

I cannot have anything other than the chocolate shake cold. Cannot stomach chicken or vanilla. And I've really got to be in the mood for a strawberry one. You seem to take everything in your stride, very inspiring.

I cannot have anything other than the chocolate shake cold. Cannot stomach chicken or vanilla. And I've really got to be in the mood for a strawberry one. You seem to take everything in your stride, very inspiring.

Awww thanks... Lipotrim suits me ya see... I get a pain the hole having to eat... Whereas this forces me to eat three times a day lol

Awww thanks... Lipotrim suits me ya see... I get a pain the hole having to eat... Whereas this forces me to eat three times a day lol

It's the control I like about LT? I'm a useless weigher and cook so it's much easy to have a simple controlled plan to follow. Plus I never had 3 meals a day, I ate all the wrong stuff at all the wrong times. I hope you can stick to your 3 meals a day after LT.

I started out liking the chocolate and not the vanilla. Ended up liking the vanilla (but only with a cup of strong coffee in it) and disliking the chocolate. Never tried the strawberry. Have gone on and off the soup, but drink it every day, usually with hot sauce or white pepper.
Like Curve, the structure suits me--I don't have to think about it and so temptation is rare.

It's the control I like about LT? I'm a useless weigher and cook so it's much easy to have a simple controlled plan to follow. Plus I never had 3 meals a day, I ate all the wrong stuff at all the wrong times. I hope you can stick to your 3 meals a day after LT.

I'm not going to.. I know I'm not... But Ill make conscious effort to most days even...

I started out liking the chocolate and not the vanilla. Ended up liking the vanilla (but only with a cup of strong coffee in it) and disliking the chocolate. Never tried the strawberry. Have gone on and off the soup, but drink it every day, usually with hot sauce or white pepper.
Like Curve, the structure suits me--I don't have to think about it and so temptation is rare.

I dont like chocolate shakes so that was a no no force originally but the making a hot chocolate with sweetners got me through the cold days...

Try the chocolate ones with peppermint tea! Like hot mint chocolate! Haha

Back