Suggestions for Bananas!

Chicaloca

Silver Member
Good Evening all!

I have loads of bananas to use up and other than, a.eating them as is or b. adding them to cereal/yoghurts/porridge what can I do with them? Id love to make some banana bread, but well my 'old' recipe is not an option! Do any of you clever people have a suggestion for my bananas? :confused:

Many Thanks xx

SOme people have claimed a frozen banana is like an ice lolly without the syns so you could peel and chuck in the freezer?

me seems to remember a banana bread recipie in the recipie thread:)have a search

I used to love Banana with bread and butter before i was on sw but i am thinking banana on toast with honey would be good, i have also seen someone on here have it on toast with chocolate spread.

Banana sandwich! Yummmmmy!

Also, if you get a Mullerlight, slice some banana and use some light squirty cream for a sundae type dessert. 12.5g of light squirty cream is only 1 syn!!!

Hi! I did a bit of a search and found this recipe on here for banana bread/cake:

Banana bread/cake with pics
Made britmums orange and almond cake and wondered if it could be adapted with other fruits so today I made a Banana and cinnamon cake it wasnt too sweet so more like a bread with a cake texture am thinking it would be nice with sweetened quark anyhow it was huge so cut it into 9 slices at 2syns a slice.

Ingredients
56g/2oz self raising flour 10syns
6 eggs
cup of sweetener
1 tsp of baking powder 1/2 syn
2 medium bananas mashed 8 syns
1tsp of cinnamon think next time I will put 2 in wasnt enough really

preheat oven to 180

I separated 2 of the eggs and whisked the 2 egg whites in a bowl and put to one side put all the the other ingredients including the 2 egg yolks you seperated in another bowl and whisk, once nicely mixed fold in the 2 egg whites until there are no big lumps pour mixture into a sandwich tin, i used a silicon one it only just all fit in!
now I didnt time this lol i think about 40 mins after about 20 I covered the top with foil to stop it burning once out of the oven leav in the tin to cool for a bit then turn out and cut into 9 slices easier than it sounds cut into thirds then each thrid into 3 it works out to 2 syns a slice plus 1/2 syn over so I am going to count one slice at 2.5 the rest at 2 syns I then sprinkled sweetener over the top this will melt and make the top a bit sticky mmmmmm

here are some pictures
Attached Thumbnails

Banana and Malteser Cakes

210g Greens low fat sponge mix (37½syns)
1 egg
water
142g banana mashed (7½ syns)
2 x 37g bags maltesers crushed (18 syns)

Method

Preheat oven gas mark 6 (200c/400f)

Make up sponge mix with egg and water according to instructions.

Mix in the mashed banana and maltesers
spoon the mixture into 25 cases.

Bake for 10 - 15 min until risen and golden brown.

Cool on wire rack.

Can be frozen for up to 2 months.
this aint the one i was on about but is nice :)

slice and 'fry' them in frylight with a little sweetber and cinamon, then serve with quark wth some sweetner mixed in it.......scrummy!

I thought mashing bananas (or any fruit) released sugars so youd have to syn them?!?!
It's not that it releases sugars it's that if you puree a banana, say in a smoothie, then it becomes too easy to eat unconciously (like drinking orange juice as opposed to eating an orange)

If you puree or cook any fruit you have to syn it

xxx

Back