Suggestions for low syns hot drinks (non-alcoholic!)

The Maid

I am now down to my last couple of teaspoons of my fav. hot drink - Symingtons Dandelion Coffee. Their new recipe, lactose free and very very sweet, is horrible. So until they relaunch the old version (which they say they will or one nearly like it) I need to find a low syn tasty hot drink to which you can add milk which is preferable caffeine free. Any suggestions? I have tried Caro and Barleycup but don't like them. I wish Health food shops would have a tasting session for beverages.

Although it has caffeine so I would only be able to have one a day (can't sleep well otherwise), Nescafe's new Skinny Mocha is fabulous and on special offer at Sainsbury's at the moment.

I always like an options hot choc - only 2 syns.

Make an old fashioned cup of hot cocoa, use some of your 350mls skim milk (you can top up with hot water) 1 teaspoon cocoa powder (1 syn) and sweetner....1 syn altogether if using milk as a HEXA.

I also love Nescafe Skinny Capuchinno and Latte, they are both 3 syns each, worth it though, they are lovely.

Skinny Cow hot chocolate is really nice and they do it in mint and plain chocolate flavour. Its 2 syns for 2 heaped teaspoons.

This might be gross but i have an oxo cube with water as a hot drink, it's actually really nice and is free!

Thanks for the suggestions, everyone. I have tried Chicken bovril out of the jar and didn't like it but I haven't tried Oxo cubes so I'll give those ago as there are three to choose from. Don't you have to make up a pint though, Gracie Mae?

Just been out with my eldest son and treated myself to a Thorntons Mocha Frappe on special offer at £1.55. I don't know how many syns it is but it was absolutely delicious. That is what I love about SW - the flexi-syn days and the fact that when I do indulge I savour it so much more than when I was frequently having "extras" before I started the plan.

I drink Clipper detox tea, I really dont like fruit teas think they are mostly vile but this is really nice and refreshing.

I just put it in a mug and give it a stir, it's quite thick (not as thick as soup though) and is really nice. Good to warm you up on a chilly day!

Back