suggestions please

preetone

Silver Member
Since xmas i have lost about 8lbs. and now im stuck.

im eating 1200ish cals on most days. to loose 1lb a week i should be eating 1500

I DO occationally have a treat and go over my cals. eg i was at a party on sunday and had a samosa and birthday cake. but dont binge, try to make better choices.

I DO eat out, but with the new Pizza express pizza/salade mix, its alot easier to do this at 500 cals! [tip for you all]

so WHY have i lost so little in the last month despite eating so few cals...

On a typical day i eat

B- hard boiled egg, yoghurt
L, rice with a lil veg and natual yoghurt
D- turkey and veg
S baby bell cheese, apple, a oat cookie, pear

any suggestions please?

I'm probably saying the wrong thing and well accept anyones different view because they will be more right than me but....

I have avery slow metabolic rate. I have to eat 1000 cals per day or less just to get a 2lb weight loss in for that week, plus excercise like mad. :( it isn't fair, espeically when people say you have to do 1200 otherwise your organs don't function properly.... well I have been damaging my organs since xmas and if I didn't I'd have health related problems associated with obesity. So it's that or the organs lol :sigh:

So it's that or the organs lol :sigh:

lol.

to be fair, everyones body is different, and we can all give advice on how we can do it, but it may not work for you.

i personally have to up my calories for a week or two to kick start my diet, then drop them down again, sort of a shock tactic to my body, works for me.

you can only try different tactics yourself to see what works for you.

ps. i know u do alot of exercise, and u could be gaining muscle, do u ever measure yourself with the tape measure? u might be losing inches instead of weight. just an idea. x

it could be a plateau as well hun. i dunno about anyone else, but i find that i hit a plateau during my weightloss and it either really slows down or stops completely for a few weeks, despite me sticking 100% to my diet and excercise plan. it's really frustrating, but just something that you have to push through. don't give up or fall off the wagon though, as it's easy to lose motivation. i'm just coming out the other side of a plateau, so hopefully next monday will prove i've lost after 3 weeks of nothing (at least i haven't gained!)

it may be that your calories are too low, and your body has gone into some sort of starvation mode? i'd also up my calories for a week or so - maybe 200-300 a day. i always find i lose a little faster if i boost my metabolism that way as well :)

hope you get past it honey, we're always here if you need a moan, god knows i always do!! good luck xx

I lost quite a bit in my first week without reducing my calorie intake at all (I wasn't dieting, just recording what I ate) by cutting out wheat - no bread, pizza, biscuits, cake etc. Not even a little. I wonder if wheat was causing a little bloating. I've heard that some people are affected by dairy products in this way.

i have cut out wheat for last few weeks , altho this weekend have been so annoyed i have had pizza and bread :( so a bit of a blow out which im hoping will go back to sensible eating 2moro

Back