Sultana and Cous Cous pudding

BritMumInCanada

Gold Member
Just looking through some new cook books I had and saw this recipe which I thought would be great on slimming world. I have adapted it a little bit, to make it as low syns as possible.

makes 4 pudding
syns= 3.5 per pudding

50g sultanas
300mls of apple juice
175mls of water
90g of cous cous
1/2 tsp of mixed spice

Spray 250ml pudding basins with some frylight.
Place the sultanas and apple juice in a pan.
Bring to the boil and then cover and leave to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Using a slotted spoon, lift out about half of the fruit and put in the bottom of the pudding basins.
Add the cous cous and the mixed spice to the remaining fruit mixture in the saucepan and bring back to the boil, stirring. Cover and leave on a low heat for 8-10 mins until the liquid has been absorbed.
Spoon the cous cous into the pudding basins, cover tightly with foil.
Put the basins into a steamer over boiling water, cover and steam for 30mins. Run the knife around the edges, turn the pudding out carefully and serve.

You could serve this with some light squirty cream for extra syns or a fat free yoghurt.
They look and sound delicious. I will definately be giving these a go.
Let me know if any of you try them in the meantime and what you think? :D

Just looking through some new cook books I had and saw this recipe which I thought would be great on slimming world. I have adapted it a little bit, to make it as low syns as possible.

makes 4 pudding
syns= 3.5 per pudding

50g sultanas
300mls of apple juice
175mls of water
90g of cous cous
1/2 tsp of mixed spice

Spray 250ml pudding basins with some frylight.
Place the sultanas and apple juice in a pan.
Bring to the boil and then cover and leave to simmer for 2-3 minutes.
Using a slotted spoon, lift out about half of the fruit and put in the bottom of the pudding basins.
Add the cous cous and the mixed spice to the remaining fruit mixture in the saucepan and bring back to the boil, stirring. Cover and leave on a low heat for 8-10 mins until the liquid has been absorbed.
Spoon the cous cous into the pudding basins, cover tightly with foil.
Put the basins into a steamer over boiling water, cover and steam for 30mins. Run the knife around the edges, turn the pudding out carefully and serve.

You could serve this with some light squirty cream for extra syns or a fat free yoghurt.
They look and sound delicious. I will definately be giving these a go.
Let me know if any of you try them in the meantime and what you think? :D
is it 3.5 syns even with synning the cous cous ?

I haven't synned the cous cous, as it cooked as you would if you were having savoury.

It isn't ground or used as flour and as the other ingredients in it are synned, it is unlikely anyone would overindulge.

Back