SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Hi Becca.

Dont be too down were all here to help..!

What might be an idea is to say how many points you have (i think 20)
also post a couple of your menus and times you usually eat.

i know this may seem weird but maybe you may have hit the exercise a little too much as your body will act differently if it feels it needs more fuel but not getting it.
it happened to me when i lost my weight before and i upped the exercise thinking it will come off faster and i went a month with STS.
i quizzed my leader at the time about it and that was the explanation she came up with. so i adjusted my exercise and started losing again.
thats what happened to me i cant guarantee its the same for you but its worth looking at.

i think Jo touched on it before..if your body feels its not getting a balanced fuel intake it will start storing it for when it needs it. you should try to eat all your points unless your saving for an event.

just one more thought...have you calculated your daily point allowance correctly?

let us know your thoughts

Hi Becca,

Maybe it is just that TOTM or like Lee said have you been eating enough or not pointing properly?

My heart goes out to you as there's nothing worse than being convinced that you have done well only to find out that you haven't

Do you write everything down? If you don't already have the app iWatcher that Lee told us about then get it as it really is a wonderfully easy way of keeping track.
It's so easy to think that you've counted everything when you don't write down but I know that I have to write down or I wouldn't keep within my points.

Keep your chin up and don't let the scales get you down

Luv Ang x

Hi Everyone,

Last night was a disaster:cry:

I've just tried to tot up my points and gave up when I hit double my daily allowance !!!

So Lee your few extra points yesterday don't seem so bad now , do they ? :D

__________________________ Well there's the line drawn under that and I'm back on track today :sigh:

Going to make some bns point free soup for lunch and a prawn curry for dinner to try and claw back some points
Just been for a 3 mile walk as well and will try to find time to do some Zumba later on:banana dancer::banana dancer::banana dancer:

Hope everyone else is ok

Luv Ang xx

Hi everyone

firstly thank you som much for your encouragement and kind words. I have taken what you've all said on board. I do write everything down so thats not an issue and I have double checked my points allowance. I had a look back through some of my food diaries this morning and looked at the weeks where I had lost and it seemed I averaged around 16 - 18 points then, although I was having a blow out on a Saturday after weigh in so I would have used up any excess points then. THe other major difference is that I have not been drinking alcohol where as before I was pointing it, but usually having a glass of wine every night! Hmpf!!!!!!!!!! I wonder actually whether if I have a little drink every now and then that that will make up the 20 points and give me a boost!!! I'm not giving up on this week but think I will start fresh on Sunday so excuse my weight loss on the tracker, but I think I will delete mine and start again if ok, its not very motivating seeing STS for 2 weeks running :). Is that ok with everyone?

Marli - I think I may try your Zumba plan. I usually have about 50 mins before hubby gets home so will aim to fill it all with Zumba, was only doing 30-35 minutes a day before.

Ang - today is a fresh day hun and as long as you enjoyed yourself yesterday there is no reason to feel down hun. Its cheesy I know but hear on the radio this morning someone said 'if fear or failure knocks on your door, open it with faith and they'll be no-one there'. I really liked that :)

Niamh - welcome lovely :). When is your weigh in day going to be? You will find we are all a very friendly supportive bunch on here, I couldn't have done without my team pals - I would have thrown in the towel by now after my 2 weeks STS, but they have spurred me on to keep going. (Love you all :))

Claire - twinny - how are you doing hun? Its a pain when you have a bad day at work - ruins the rest of the week sometimes!!!! Still, am sure you'll get a lovely suprise again when you stpe on the scales on Tuesday. Bloomin good idea about the food diary :). I'm up for that - we can all keep track of each other and motivate even more :)

Lee - what a poopy day you had! Are you feeling anywhere near back on track now? Its so annoying when other people let you down, especially when you've planned your day around them

Kernow Jo - I am so sorry lovely, I didn't add you to the list did I, I will put you top as you are our chief inspiration :)

Well, just got back from a trip to our other site in Worcester, scoffed lunch so better get back to it.

Speak to you all very soon xx :grouphugg:

Weigh in days:
Kernow Jo - Friday (wk 1) -2.75lbs :)
Becca - Saturday (wk 1) STS :(
Clare - Tuesday (wk 1) - 7lbs :bliss:
Karen - Saturday
Suzanne - Friday
Toni -
Eabha - Wednesday (wk 1) - 1.5lb :) (Wk 2) - 2lbs :)
Ang - Wednesday (wk 1) - 4lb :clap:
Sai - Wednesday
Lee - Monday (wk 1) - 2.5lb :)
Juicy -
Marli - Tuesday (wk 1) - 5lbs :clap:
Rewind - Wednesday

Claire 2 - Monday
Busy Bee - Wednesday
Loumo - Saturday
Safc - Tuesday
Niamh -

Hi everyone :)

Sorry i've not posted for a while, i've been soo busy and just haven't even had the time of day to think!

Well done everyone on your weight losses so far :)

I'm dreading my weigh in tomorrow, i think i will have stayed the same, which is very off putting and i'm getting rather freaked out by it :(

Suzanne - lovely to hear from you hon. Wait and see what tomorrow brings then if like me you have STS its a fresh week to do fresh things :), however, dont count your chickens just yet, you may suprise yourself :) xx

Suzanne - lovely to hear from you hon. Wait and see what tomorrow brings then if like me you have STS its a fresh week to do fresh things :), however, dont count your chickens just yet, you may suprise yourself :) xx

I've never felt this nervous before about a weigh in, i think its because i over induldged from Friday through to Sunday and i'm worried that i haven't burnt it all off :( But like you say it will be a fresh week and i'll have learnt where i've gone wrong and try not to make the same mistake twice. Thanks for the encouragement :)

I just thought I would say that from my experience of my weight loss journey You have to expect some weeks when you will either put weight on, sts, or only lose a half lb. You are only human and all have such different life styles, which in turn bring different challanges and temptaions are way.

You are spot on there. My leader told me when I first joined that because I was a student and more likely to struggle with the temptations of college, that I should look at my total weight loss every 4 weeks. I could lose a total of 5lbs in 4 weeks but have had a gain or a sts one of those weeks.

Becca hopefully you will get a loss on Sat and if you want to start again by all means do. You're doing this for you and no-one else. It could well be the exercise that is causing the sts and perhaps it will catch up next week and you will see a loss then?

Welcome Niamhs! I am also Irish so its great to have another Irish person here to share shopping tips :) My name is Eabha! This thread is great especially for having to post your WI each week so you have someone to account for!

Good luck tomorrow Suzanne!!

Seems rather quiet on here tonight - everyone is probably busy I expect :). I have just done an hour of Zumba while hubby is at his Guitar lesson, i'm pooped but feel better for it. Made my knees ache though!

Jo just checked the Velvet crunch again and it says 84 kcals and 0.3g sat fat. i've got the Salt and Vinegar ones, what flavour are you pointing hun? xx

Hi gang!

Just got home from work and about to log back on my work laptop, big sad face! I got a McChicken sandwich on the way home which I had enough points for but still feel guilty. Was just so tired and hungry!!

Hope you're all ok and still motivated. There have been some really sound advice on here today and I think we all need to think about the journey and not just this week.

Becca, don't lose your mojo :) without you our group wouldn't be here!! This is our 6 month journey to our skinny shopping trip. I won't allow my twin to do this on your own, we are all here for you every step of the way. STS is better than a gain, and long term you're going to get to goal without a shadow of a doubt!

Ang as long as you enjoyed it don't worry! Life is for living too, and now you've drawn a line under it you're already back on track, it's when a bad day turns into a bad week it's hard. I used to do just that before you guys came along!!

Well done everyone just for being here. If we put our minds to it and don't give up we'll all achieve our goals together!!

Big motivational hugs xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning all,

Just like to echo what everyone is saying. We're on a six month journey and ups and downs are to be expected. I too have experienced good weeks bad weeks and sts. Although disappointment is instant success is measured in time.
Our little community here is going to experience all of those but we have each other to help and motivate. Just think how much harder it we be if we didn't have this thread!!!!!

Well...last day of the working week for me and I am ready for a good rest this weekend. Been a real busy week!!!!
I will be going on a walk again this weekend which brushes away the cobwebs from being in an office all week. Only managed to claw back a couple of point since my blow up but hoping the weekends exercise will recoup the rest.

Good luck all those weighing in today..I look forward to reading the weigh in posts throughout the day.

Jo. I have the same stats and flavour velvet crunch as you but still coming out at 1.5 and if it's that close between 1 and 1.5 I would rather count it as 1.5 but then I do have more points to use.. There almost the same as French fries and they are 1.5 too. Good luck with weigh in today

Becca1507 said:
Seems rather quiet on here tonight - everyone is probably busy I expect :). I have just done an hour of Zumba while hubby is at his Guitar lesson, i'm pooped but feel better for it. Made my knees ache though!

Jo just checked the Velvet crunch again and it says 84 kcals and 0.3g sat fat. i've got the Salt and Vinegar ones, what flavour are you pointing hun? xx

Hi becca. I see your doing more Zumba......how are you calculating the exercise points your generating?

Morning peeps

just a quickie again as about to start work - will post more at lunch time.

I haven't been counting points for my Zumba Lee - just kinda going with it - maybe I should be though. Marli - how many do you count for yours hun?

Walkers baked crisps are 1.5 too so I think I will switch to them. I like velvet Crunch but if I can have a proper crisp for the same value then I think I will.

How many points is a McChicken Sarnie Twinny :) -

Thank you EVERYONE for all of your support. I have decided to keep my weigh ins on there as, as you say it is a long journey so will take the good with the not so good :)

Have a good day all, speak later xxx

Last edited:
Hi everyone :)

Been reading some lovely motivational comments from you all which is very encouraging :) I know it sounds daft but i keep forgetting its a 6 month challenge and i've been treating it as a weekly challenge, which is why i think i get soo nervous before weigh in day. I've got to get it in to my head that it doesn't matter if i sts or gain as the progress is spread out over the whole 6 months. Also there are loads of reasons why we can gain weight, not just down to food but TOTM and exercise. I know alot of people who have put on weight through exercising and that is because they are turning the fat in to muscle and muscle weighs more than fat!

Well its that time again:
I made myself get on the scales this morning for my weekly weigh in and not quite sure how i've done it but i've managed to lose 3 pounds :) I've been swimming once this week and i don't know if that has helped or not as i had two takeaways at the weekend, which is why i had got it into my head that i'll have put weight on.

Well i suppose it goes to show that you don't have to stick to your diet perfectly and you can still induldge and still lose a few pounds :)

And there was me thinking because its Friday the 13th i was gonna have put a stone on lol

Good luck to everyone else on their weigh ins, today and over the weekend and good luck in general to everyone on their weight loss journeys :)

If i don't get chance to post later, i hope everyone has a lovely weekend :) I'm going to view some rental properties with my boyfriend tomorrow and i'm soo excited, i feel like a little girl again all giddy and hyper :)

Well done on your loss Jo :) x

Hello my Lovelies!

How are we all, sorry i wasn't able to post yesterday, i was sooo busy trying to find sort out cheerleading classes for my daughter.
I have to say i really missed you guys. It seems like i missed so much in just one day. Not posting reaaly felt like something was missing from my day, it just shows how much support we have here!

Welcome to Niamh and Susanne.

Well done Jo and Suzanne... Hi 5! x

@Becca, im sorry to hear that you haven't been feeling very motivated and not to pleased with your loss over the last 2 weeks. From reading through the posts, you've had some great advise already and everything I would of said, has already be advised. Jo gave some great advise, I would definitely try the process of elimination. Jo weightloss is sooo inspirational and has some very good advise.
Years back when i attended meetings i kept STS, my leader at the time, advised me to cut out diet fizzy drinks, at the time i was confused as there 0 points?! However funny enough it work for me and i saw a difference, so maybe give that a try.
I write down EVERYTHING, even from a sneaky bite of a bit of food, i point it!

Also as you said,do try out the zumba plan i mentioned, cardio and tone and remember to have rest days. Be careful of the knees, i alter the moves slightly for less impact on my knee, especially as i recently had knee surgery i have to go easy.
Zumba is definitely a high intensity workout, in regards to pointing. But personally i decided not to earn back any points when i exercise. I know if i did i would definitely bag a few. But im trying to adapt my lifestyle to a slimmer me by eating healthy and regular exercise so it becomes a lifestyle change so im fitter and healthier as well as slimmer!

Its soooo true, seeing this jouney as a quick fix is why i always end up piling the weight back on. I really want this this to be a new meee and therefore i have to except that its a journey. I try and compare this journey to taking a road trip, i will get lost, make wrong turnings and even run out of petrol!
But the main thing is to always remember why we are doing this and how great we will feel at the end!

So far my week has gone well, im keeping in mind to save a few for the evening to avoid any binges and its been working! Done a Zumba scultp and tone along with flat Abs workout, cardio and kettlebell workout. So far this week. So its going ok.

So happy weekending folks!

Afternoon my lovlies

how is everyone? Jo and Suzanne ........................................ Woop Woop to you both on your losses :greenapple::party0011:. More positive vibes for our little WW family :).

Twinny - you must be shattered working all these hours! Thank goodness its the weekend - relaxing time now.

Suzanne, I understand what you're saying about treating it as a weekly challenge rather than 6 months, I think I have been doing the same. Need to re-programme our minds :). Re - you having take-aways and still loosing, I heard on the Fat Fighters programme one of the trainers said having 1 day a week off your diet wont do any harm so maybe its true (guess it depends on the individual). I must admit usually on weigh in day I tend to indulge a little, i'm careful ish but I tend to have a bottle of wine and something nice for tea - ONLY if i've lost mind you, and its never made any difference to my losses I dont think.

Good luck with your house hunting Suzanne

Ang, Lee, rewind, Karen,Eabha, Sai, Marli, Claire 2, Busy Bee, Loumo, Safc - how are you all doing?

Good luck for weigh ins tomorrow - I am hoping I may have lost something, you never know, even 1/2lb is a loss. I will let you know in the morning.

Well, Happy 'rest of Friday' :). Speak to you all later. As always a huge :bighug: to everyone

Weigh in days:
Becca - Saturday
(wk 1) STS :(
Clare - Tuesday (wk 1) - 7lbs :bliss:
Karen - Saturday
Suzanne - Friday (wk 1) - 3 lbs :party0049:
Eabha - Wednesday
(wk 1) - 1.5lb
:)
Ang - Wednesday (wk 1) - 4lb :clap:
Sai - Wednesday
Lee - Monday (wk 1) - 2.5lb :)
Juicy -
Marli - Tuesday (wk 1) - 5lbs :clap:
Rewind - Wednesday

Claire 2 - Monday
Busy Bee - Wednesday
Loumo - Saturday
Safc - Tuesday
Kernow Jo - Friday (wk 1) -1lb :flirt2:

Marli - our posts crossed hun. Thank you for your advice and kind words.

I agree with everything you said about missing everyone when you dont post - it feels strange doesn't it :). THe first thing I do every lunch time is log on to catch up :)

Well, have a fab weekend all xx

Back