SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Thanks guys, going to try vodka soda water and lime and see how i go with that.
Well done on your weight losses!! Brilliant!
Ang, we all have days like that i dont think we would be normal if we didnt, the main thing is your back on plan today!You will be fine!

Hope everyone has a good day!

xx

Well as for me. Confession time
Had a terrible day yesterday. Don't know what came over me. I couldn't stop eating. :17729: Gave up counting points but had a full layer of a box of chocs, 2 pieces of a cake my lovely grandaughter made for me (it was thick with buttercream and iced), 2 kit kats and 2 penguin biscuits and 3 glasses of wine. That was besides my breakfast, and lunch , didn't have any dinner as I felt sick !!! :sick:
Not done anything like that for years and feel soooo guilty today. Don't even know why I did it.
Wow ang, you really did fall off the wagon...when i first read it i thought you was posting your shopping list ;)

well without being to brutal theres no way you will recover from that this week:confused:
was there anything that happened during the day that made you go into complete meltdown??
or anything building up to it the days before? before last night i was dreaming about extra food (chocolate to be precise) and the next day i felt like i needed more fuel. so hense the milk. seem to be ok now.

have you been doing too much exercise as that will make you feel hungry.

the best thing to do is get back on track NOW!!! dont leave it until next week as it will only get worse and then you will think theres no point in weighing in and spiral even further.
Take it on the chin dust yourself down and regroup.

I hope you grab back your will power..just imagine its the start of January again and your enthusiasm kicks in

- 2.25 lbs at WI this week! :D

I am happy with that especially after my sts last week. :)

I hope everyone has a good weekend ahead but remembers that they are on a challenge here and that when we over indulge we often live to regret it the next day! :rolleyes:

Ang: Dear oh dear, you really have been naughty :break_diet:_________________

There is your line now get back on the right side!! You know you can do this as you have done so well so far. Lets see that determined Ang back for the week ahead!! You deserve to enjoy your time away so start preparing now and start saveing a few points here and there!!

I mean to sound harsh because sometimes sweet talking isn't enough to give that kick up the buttt that is very much needed :rolleyes:. Jo xxx
Well done with your loss..fanbloodytastic!!!:D:D

Hope you have a good weekend

Well done on your weight loss Kernow :)

Afternoon all!

Twinny - hope you are having a good day :) it must be hard with all these IVF drugs but soooooo worthwhile! I hope the treatment goes well hon, I have the feeling you'll be a FAB mum! We are off to Egypt, its the hottest place I could find in April and we've only paid £450 each for 5* all inclusive, hotel has fab reviews :) Good luck for weigh in tomorrow!

Lee - I love squares! Been having skips recently as I forgot squares were so low, they will be added to my list.

Ang - we went to stay with a friend who lives just outside Edinburgh, it's such a lovely place, I can see why you like to visit there! Well done for confessing all to us, that's a big step. I know how disappointed you must be, but it is done now so as Jo said, draw a line under it and try and get back on track. If you are anything like me, you may feel like giving up and starting again when you've had your lovely break away with hubby, but you can do more damage that way so my advice (for what it's worth!) is to get back on plan, save some points and just try and make the best choices when you are away. Life is for living, don't beat yourself up about it, just do what is right for you :)

xx

Hi everyone, sorry I haven't been on here for the last few days again, have had a really bad throat and ear infection. Hope your all feeling well...Have just read all the posts from the last few days, well done to everyone on your losses, and STSs..Some of us will have days where we eat, even though we aren't hungry... I do, especially when my daughter has come home with a lovely big bar of chocolate..Life is full of ups and downs,emotionally, physically and mentally, same as our weight loss journey. We all have different feelings coursing through us every day, and we will binge and avoid food, but we ALL have willpower as well, and need to keep our willpower going...If you fall off, don't dwell on it, pick yourself up and start fresh,remember how you felt when you'd had a weight loss, remember how good it felt, and the determination will come back again to carry on and not keep falling.
I am dreading tomorrow morning, as I am supposed to be running 5K with a few friends outside, i keep getting visions of them either running off and leaving me, and I end up getting lost...Or them staying with me and feeling sorry for me, and talking about how rubbish I was at running between themselves later on...I've nearly cancelled a few times this week, especially with how i've been feeling, but i'm using it as a personal challenge to prove to myself I can do it..
I am also dreading tomorrow as my eldest is 14 tomorrow, and she's having a sleep over, she has asked for a takeaway pizza night with dvds and wants the works,meat feast pizza x2 (as theres 3 girls staying over) garlic bread with cheese, chicken wings in barbecue sauce,hot wings and Chocolate fudge cake with cream! How am I going to avoid all this gorgeous food? The smell alone is gorgeous and mouth watering! I know, no matter what food I have for my dinner, or on stand by for me, is going to make me NOT want the takeaway food!! I'm going to try my best, but I think i'll end up putting a HUGE black cross through my tracker tomorrow night! I'll let you know on Sunday.Hope everyone has a great weekend.x.

Hi Anita,

I assume that you read my post so pleeeease don't do what I did. I felt relly ill last night and really guilty today.

Try and get yourself some healthy snacks to eat and keep out of the room with the girls and all the goodies in. Tell your daughter to throw any leftovers in the bin when they've finished to stop you binging on the left overs.

Take it from one who speaks from experience, it's not worth it

Luv Ang xx
PS Hope you're feeling better x

Morning my lovelies

Hmmmmm........................ a mixed week this week. No matter how you've all done the important thing is to remember each day is a new day and will bring new things so take it one step at a time. We're in this for the long haul and WILL get there together :)

(excuse the lack of variety in smilies - they keep freezing my notebook this morning so will have to go without!)

Busy and Ang well done for getting back on track.

Oh dear Ang (kick up bum - and hug at the same time). Have you got any idea what trigged your binge hun? It was a biggie, but then we've all been there. Well done for confessing, its the best way to be honest as otherwise how can we help each other. The main thing lovely is that you're back on track now. Draw a line under it and start fresh. (after the last few weeks, maybe your body just desperately needed some TLC and eating can be how some people achieve that - I guess thats how we all put weight on in the first place). You WILL get there though, and just think, next week although you're on your hols, there is a gym and swimming pool at hand (just dont do what I did and spend hours in the piano bar after :).)

Twinny - wow .................. please send your willpower fairy to visit us all. Well done you. I would have struggled so much to avoid duck - its my absolute fav. Glad you've got your hol booked - i've never been to Eygpt, it will be soooooooooooo nice to have the hot weather and to be able to strut your stuff in your bikini :)

Lee - warm milk and honey, think you've started something. Sounds like you are in for a very active weekend, hope you enjoy :)

For those who asked we have a Lhasa Apso called Maisie. She is so adorable, very much a lap dog, she loves nothing more than cuddles. She is so soft and cute now she's had her cut.

Jo - well done you on your loss hon :) - you are such an inspiration to us, your journey has been incredible. Keep it up :)

Suzanne - well done on your loss too. ALthough you've eaten junk to a certain extent I expect you've been really active with a new dog and also moving house.

Misteeq - hope you feel better soon hun. Hug

afm - well I have lost 2lbs :). I am amazed to be honest, I have stuck to my points and have used the majority every day, but have done no exercise what so ever. I guess after my initial worries at the beginning of the week, having weigh in day off does actually work for me. I think thats why I stick to my points so well actually, because I know that come a Saturday I can have a day off (only if i've lost weight) and have some of the things I enjoy. Even though WW isn't restrictive as such, for me its nice to have a day each week to look forward too where eating doesn't rule my life

Hope you are all having a nice weekend. Am off for lunch with a friend today, then day at home tomorrow probably as hubby is back at work.

Lots of love and hugs xxx

Weigh in days:
Becca (5.5/20) - (P1 -5.5lbs):party0049:

Clare (8/20) - Tues wk 1 - 7lbs :party0049: wk 2 -1lb :party0049: wk 3 - STS :)
Karen - Sat wk 1 -1.5lbs :) wk 2 -0.5lb :clap:

Suzanne - Fri wk 1 - 3 lbs :party0049: wk 2 -0.5lbs :greenapple: Wk 3 - 1.75lbs :clap:
Eabha - Weds (P1 - 5lbs)
:party0049:
Ang (4/22) - Weds wk 1 - 4lb :clap: wk 2 STS :) wk 3 - STS :clap:
Sas (2/69) - Weds wk 1 -2lb:greenapple: wk 2 -3lbs :happy096:
Lee (8.5/42) - Mon wk 1 - 2.5lb :) wk 2 - 3.5 :greenapple: wk 3 - 2.5lbs:party0049:
Juicy -
Marli - Tues wk 1 - 5lbs :clap: wk 2 -2lbs :party0049:

Claire 2 - Mon
Busy Bee - Weds wk 1 - 2.2lbs :clap: wk 2 +0.4
Loumo - Sat
Safc - Tues wk 1 - 2lbs
Kernow Jo (6/19) - Fri (P1 - 6lbs) :clap:
4ever - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :clap:
Misteeq - Mon Wk 1 - STS :)
Chaz - Weds wk 1 - 2.5 :bliss:
May - Thurs
Jo 2 - Mon

Well done on another week folks. It looks as though our team challenge is going well. I agree with comments to date about having a bad day - it will happen to all of us from time to time, it's what you do on all those good days that's important.

Becca - well done, 2lbs is a great result.

I've lost 1 1/4lbs this week (can i count my 1/4? lol - it all helps doesn't it?!) and feel stupidly happy!

Have a good weekend everyone x

Evening all,

Just a quick note to say that I've had another good day and stuck to my 18points. I've even had a 4 mile walk up to Tesco and back to buy a daily newspaper rather than call at the newsagents around the corner.

Well done Becca on your 2lb loss :)

And well done Karen on your 1 1/4lb loss ~ and yes I think you deserve to count the little 1/4lb, you worked hard to lose it aand you'd count it if it was weight on ;)

Luv Ang xx

Hello All :) I love the idea of this thread and would love to join you all. Seems like a lovely support network!!

A little bit about me: Started WW originally January last year (Mum used to do it years ago when it was Discovery, so recycled all her old stuff) managed to lose 2 stone and felt great!! I've slipped off the wagon a little and managed to put on 13lbs :( BUT after yo-yo'ing so far this year I've lost 3lbs of it. I weigh in on a Friday and yesterday my WI was 11.10lbs. I have a holiday in May (28th) and would like to reach 10.7 stone - I need you all!! Lol.

So if you'll have me I would love to join the thread.

Ang well done for getting back on track hon :)

Welcome Lisi, it really is a fab support network here. Couldn't do it without them!

I've seen some good losses on the new 'Simply Filling' - anyone tried it? Not looking to try it just yet, I'm just curious! xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Morning Ang,

It is similar to SW to be fair, there is a list of free foods and then 49 propoints a week on top. The thing that caught my eye is that calorie controlled bread and crumpets are on the free food list?! And from looking at the thread on here it seems people are using ww bagels free too?!

I shouldn't be looking as discover works for me, I just thought it may be a healthier option as I do spend a good proportion of my point on crap, just because I can!!

There is a thread called 'weight watchers simply filling' and there is a sticky on there with the food list. Let me know what you think!

xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Back