SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

can i just ask, i know there is a post on another board about working out your points allowance....but am not quite sure its right, can anyone advise how it should be worked out :-s

Becca, I feel for you! Hormones are THE WORST! And you are clearly very busy and occupied with other things at the moment too which doesn't help. I can totally relate to the sobbing on the kitchen floor, I have done that too. I spilt some coke on me in the cinema the other night and almost had a nervous breakdown... OH dared to laugh too. Had a right mood on me, I was going to go and shout at the lad who served it to me for not putting the lid on correctly! Haha. So you're not alone, I am sure we can all relate to that!

Kimmi - Working out points:

Are you:
Female = Score 3
Male = Score 9

Are you a breastfeeding mother?
No = Score 0
Yes, breastfeeding exclusively = Score 10
Yes, supplementing breastfeeding with solid foods = Score 5

How old are you?
16 - 20 = Score 5
21 - 35 = Score 4
36 - 50 = Score 3
51 - 65 = Score 2
Over 65 = Score 1

How many stones do you weigh?
Ignore the lb. How many stones = how many points to add on.

How tall are you?
Under 5ft 4ins = Score 1
5ft 4ins or above = Score 2

In your day to day life are you:
Sitting down most of the time = Score 0
Occasionally sitting, but mainly standing = Score 2
Walking most of the time = Score 4
Doing physically hard work most of the time = Score 6

So for me, I am Female (3) age 23 (4) in the 12 stone bracket (12) 5ft 6 (2) and I've put occasionally sitting (2) and I so I am allowed 23 points. When I go below 12 stone, it'll go down to 22 points.

Just arrived home from shopping and I did really well. The sausage butty before going didn't help as the weight watchers sausages - Ewww. Not for me! But, I looked at the Wall skinny little sausages, and almost passed out when I looked at the sat fat! Put them straight back.

Also, looked at these chocolate filled crepes, which didn't look too bad, but still nicer and better if you make them yourself. Then there was this pack of ready made pancakes, plain, and the saturated fat was more than double than the ones on the chocolate crepes! What do they put in some food to make them so high?!

But, I did well anyway, lots of tasty, good foods and the only treat I bought was the light choices lemon drizzle cakes, which say 2 propoints, worked it out on our plan and they're only 1 point! ;) Whoopee!

I will look at my mum's eating out guide re the nuggets and chicken sandwich when I am next able to.

thanks so much :) thats how i worked it out, i came out at 24, such a big difference from propoints. going to take a while to get used to this.

How many weekly points do you get? xx

Becca - What a week you've been having hun. Big hugs to you. Just draw a line under it and start again. You know you can do it and get focused. We all have bad weeks/bad days - the key is to get it into your head that its not the end of the world. You might of put a little bit of weight on, but it can come off - Wala...

Good luck for the next weigh in hun :)
WI day for me tomorrow - I really hope I've lost. x

Weigh in days:
Becca (5.5/20) - Sat (P1 -5.5lbs):party0049: Wk 1 STS :)
Clare (11/20) - Tues (P1 -11lbs):greenapple: Wk 1 STS :)
Karen - Sat wk 1 -1.5lbs :) wk 2 -0.5lb :clap: wk 3 -1.5lbs :greenapple:

Suzanne - Fri wk 1 - 3 lbs :party0049: wk 2 -0.5lbs :greenapple: Wk 3 - 1.75lbs :clap:
Eabha - Weds (P1 - 5lbs)
:party0049: Wk 1 +2lbs :( Wk 2 - 1.5lbs :)
Ang (3/22) - P1 - 3lbs :clap:
Sas (7/69) - Weds wk 1 -2lb:greenapple: wk 2 -3lbs :happy096: Wk 3 - 2.25lbs :clap:

Lee (9.75/42) - Mon (P1 -8.5lbs):greenapple: Wk 1 - 1.25lbs :happy096:
Marli - Tues (P1 -9lbs) :party0049: Wk 1 STS :)
Claire 2 - Mon
Busy Bee - Weds wk 1 - 2.2lbs :clap: wk 2 +0.4 Wk 3 - 0.8lbs :)

Loumo (4/41) - Mon Wk1 -4lbs :party0049:
Kernow Jo (6/19) - Fri (P1 - 6lbs) :clap: Wk 1 +1lb
4ever - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :clap:
Misteeq - Mon Wk 1 - STS :)
Chaz - Weds wk 1 - 2.5 :) Wk 2 - 1lb :greenapple: Wk 3 - 3lbs
:party0049:
May - Thurs
Jo 2 - Mon
Lisi (5/24) - Fri Wk 1 - 2lbs :party0049:
Gliter -Mon

Niamh - Tues Wk 1 +0.5lbs :greenapple:
Gleave - Mon wk 1 -5lbs
Jameslea - Fri
Honeybee - Fri

Well done to everyone who loss or STS :clap:

Jo Harley is adorable. I love the cheeky look at the telly :D

Ang I'm glad you feel better. We'll all get there eventually. It's not an easy road :( Speaking of which I had another picking night. I don't know what's wrong with me. I have noticed a trend occurring on Thurs. It seems to be the day college effects me most so I'm going to try and be more prepared. I'm going to work my ass off this weekend as I really want 1.5lbs gone next week to break a plateau so I hope tonight hasn't effected me. It was mainly snacking on low points snacks but too many of them :rolleyes:

Marli I'm so jealous you had pancakes. They are my favourite but I only allow myself to have them on pancake Tuesday. I much prefer it to Christmas and Easter :D Actually now I come to think of it, if it's ok with others I might WI on the Tuesday so I can enjoy the day without it effecting my WI.

Becca how did you get on with the cake? If it was me I'd have a small slice and give the rest to my garbage bins aka my 2 brothers :D

Welcome kimmibabi :welcome:

Niamh the chicken burger is definitely 6 as I pointed it using the nutritional info from both the UK and Irish sites :) And 6 chicken nuggets are 4 points. Not bad if you want a treat every so often.

Good luck lisi and Jo and everyone else who weighs in tomorrow.

There's no extra allowance for weekly points, if you have something planned then you save them up through the week... Old leader used to say you were not allowed to save more than 4 a day though, and to never let it go below 16.... Not sure if that was advice or rules though. But the propoints extra weekly doesn't apply on this plan.

I found on propoints, I needed to use the extra allowance just to make it through the day though, much prefer it this way - want a bottle of wine one weekend - have to earn it first. ;) Well, that's how I see it!

Hi Guys,
Well today went well, managed to stick to my points and track everything. I brought sugar free cream soda and pink lemonade which helped through the sweet feeling.

@Gleave thanks so much hun for the points for the pancakes, i pointed them as 2pts each intially. Anyways i got my calculator out and pointed the flour and all together the mix came up to 8.5 points. They were yummmy!
@Up the duff....come on girl you can have some pancakes, are you forgetting the beauty of ww, you can eat what you like but reasonably.
I brought a tub of splenda granules today, so i can get sprinkling on my pancakes when i next have them! I used to use it before and really enjoyed it on my hot weetabix and in cakes.

@Becca dont beat yourself up girl, as much as your determined to loose weight there are more important things going on that are going to take priority at the mo. So i really wouldnt worry, maybe go easy on yourself a bit of during your injections but still be mindful of what your eating.

I order 'The Biggest Loser' bookset, they were doing it on Groupon for £13.00, it looks really good. Im going to continue to follow ww, but take on some of the weighloss advice and exercise advice in the books and maybe hopefully once i get nearer to goal and my weightloss begins to slow down, i might follow there 6 week plan.

The beginning of the weekend to start, lets all try and stay focused and mindful.

Nitey Nite

ohh thats right, I totoally forgot about that :O too long on the propoints plan lol :p

well started discovery again yesterday and get weighed at lunchtime so i'm hoping to see a difference between this weeks and nexts weigh in xxx

Morning all!

A big welcome to Kimmibabe! Welcome to the club, pro points never agreed with me either, it just didnt feel the right, i felt like i was constantly eating never ending points because of that weekly allowance. Anyways dont hesitate to post were all here to help hun!

Started the day with a cup of tea and 2 crumpets and apricot St Dalfour jam... off to get some acupuncture treatment soon yukkkkzzzzz.

Fancy a drink this weekend, will definitely be getting out my 25ml shot glass to be exact with my pointing and pepsi max!

Happy Friday guys!

Mornin' everyone

Becca, I can't stop thinking about you !! I hope that you are ok this morning. I just keep seeing you sat crying on the kitchen floor :sigh:. Next time you're down there take a big piece of cake and a big cup of tea with you and say bugger everything. Then get up brush yourself down and get on here to tell us all about it. We all understand and wish we could help more than just with words but in the mean time here's a big hug from me then a group hug :bighug::grouphugg:

Marli, I love watching the Big Loser and the web site has loads of recipes and exercise advise

Eabha, You go girl, exercise, exercise, exercise and I hope you get a good weight loss next WI. You really are doing well :greenapple:

Welcome to Kimmibabi :welcome2:you made the right move when you joined this thread. Everyone is soooo supportive and we're not frightened to kick ass if its needed :asskick:

I'm doing well. Back on track, just need to get some more exercise done.
Waiting in today for a new cooker as my old one gave up the ghost earlier this week. Been living off slo-cooker casseroles and cooking in microwave since. Managed to stay within points though :happy096:

Luv Ang xx

Last edited by a moderator:
Hello everyone

Arrrrrrrrrr, Ang, you are so lovely. Thank you so much for your support. Thank you everyone for your support, its a trying time I must admit and hormones (as we all know :)), do some weird and wonderful things dont they.

Welcome Kimmibabi - have I already welcomed you???? Sorry if I have my mind is a bit withered at the mo :). ANyway, welcome again and I hope you feel supported, encouraged, and happy being part of our slimming family. Everyone here is so lovely :)

Hello to everyone else, Lee, Suzanne, Twinny, Eabha, Niamhs, Sas, mytique, marli and anyone else who is reading this :)

If i'm completly honest i'm not really feeling any better today whatsoever. I actually feel like a sulky little girl in some ways because I just feel really stroppy and grumpy, and emotional, and on top of that fat etc etc etc (one of those off days we all get). I know its going to continue now for about 4 weeks or more so pleeeeeeeeeeeeeeease bear with me and put up with my moaning, I will try not to be too bad :). Well, I did weigh in this morning, though a day early wouldn't hurt, but the scales are showing i've gone up 4lb which I have no idea how as I may have gone a bit off track but definately not by that much. i'm not going to track it as wasn't going to weigh in for a bit anyway, but its certainly made me grumpier. its weird, one day i've STS, 2 days later i've gone up silly amounts, the next day I could have gone down again - I just think these hormones are playing with me so have decided I will not be weighing AT ALL (if I can help myself), until our treatment is over about mid March. I will of course stick to the plan and exericse and be here every day to support you all and kick you when needed :).

Together we are doing so well and I know that by Summer we will all feel so much better and look better too :)

Love you all xxxx

Thanks Becca, and ang, and everyone :)

feeling quite glad to be back on the old points system, well for now :p

it actually feels like I am on a diet and I think it definetly makes me go for much healthier options due to the low point allowance.

Got weighed today and I have lost 4.5lbs which am really happy about coz i didnt lose anything last week which put me on a right downer. but yay for this week :D hoping to see another loss next week too as i'm sticking to my discovery points religously!

thanks again to everyone for being so nice and welcoming :)

oh just a wee question, i dont know if anyone here has or goes to a deli type place, like baguette express....i had a wrap with chilli chicken for lunch and was just wondering how to point it. i threw out all the excess wrap and it wasnt creamy or anything so i pointed the whole thing at 4.5....any thoughts?

:) xx

thanks ang :) xx

ooh just another quick question, does anyone on this have the iwatchr app for the iphone to calculate points the old way...I have been using it but it only calculates based on calories and sat fat....do you think this would be an accurate result?

I have so many questions lol, hopefully i'll pick it back up soon! xx

Evening girls.

Well Done Lisi!!

Kimmi, well done on your weight loss, that's really good!! Fingers crossed for you this next week too. I think it's really easy to confuse the two when you've tried both, especially earlier on. I've found, however, that the more I get back into the discovery plan, the more I keep remembering from last time...

CHICKEN NUGGETS AND McCHICKEN SANDWICHES!

According to the old discovery WW eating out guide a chicken sandwich is indeed 6 points :D and nuggets are 3 for 4 nuggets, 4.5 for 6 nuggets and 6.5 for 9 nuggets. Then if you are really greedy, the 20 nugget share box is 15. So not quite half a point, but definitely less than I'd read on here before!

Doing pretty well today too... Saturday again tomorrow though and I am trying to plan out exactly what I am going to be eating while we're out. Need to give myself a little treat, as there will be lots of sweeties available and trying to resist while everyone else is eating them is not easy. So, need to plan for that. Thinking Lemon Drizzle Cakes and Light Squirty Cream.

Actually, while I am thinking about it - Creamfields (Tesco) Extra Light Squirty Cream is 5 points for the entire can... I like a posh hot choc/coffee and that will easily last me the week, using it liberally too. So saving a point a day (slightly over, but...) is definitely worth it for me with that. Really makes an options hot choc feel extra naughty!

Adam is on nights tomorrow and Sunday night so I'm wondering how I'll cope at tea time. I really don't feel like I have lost anything this week so I want to be extra good before Monday!

Hope everyone is well! Ang, so glad you are feeling more positive, sounds like that cake worked a treat! :D Becca, hugs, hope those hormones settle down soon! Marli, the biggest loser site recipes - have you tried and tested any? I am not a big fan on a lot of the WW recipes because there is so much greek yoghurt, cottage cheese, quark etc... All a bit sour!

Back