SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Thanks Honeybee38 I find similar, tried pro points but only lasted a week, found it too confusing after having used discovery points in the past : )

My sister put on 1lb at here last pp wi so she changed with me and we both lost 2lbs after only 5 days of discovery,so back on track with our Fri wi x I'm sure your weight loss will kick back in now x

Hi all

Wow, isn't this a busy thread now - I'm struggling to keep up to date! But great to have so many involved - its very motivating.

Becca - big hug, hope you're ok. And the same for all those whose week hasn't exactly gone to plan. Big thumbs up to the rest, well done.

Can you please pop me down for 1 3/4lb loss this week? I'm pleased, but could have tried harder - ha ha story of my life!

Hope you've all had a lovely weekend.

Karen x

Happy Sunday evening you lovely supportive friends.
Hope you've all had a good weekend.
I've been really good and started cooking on my new cooker. Great after microwave meals and slo-cooker casseroles

Wecome to Sofie and Itwillwork....this thread certainly does work

Lisi~ Well done on your 1lb loss. You must feel awful missing the christening. At least you missed the tempting food afterwards
Be good tonight whilst out with your friend

Gleave~ How are you managing with Adam on nights? Hope you've kept out of the goodie cupboard or those mini goals will all be in vain. I know what you mean about setting a big goal, you're better off sticking to mini goals if you think a big goal will bugger you up like last time

Jo~ Well done on your 1/2lb loss. I know how hard it is when we have already lost a big amount so I think you deserve a double clap on the back . It's a good idea too to measure inches , it helped me when I've been struggling weight wise.

Eabha~ You go girl !!! Isn't it a great feel ing when a dress fits better than last time you wore it? You must feel dead chuffed with the complements you got from your friends. It's good to set mini goals isn't it? Like Gleave said, sometimes setting a big goal can put the fear of God in you and you don't make it. Don't know how you keep to WW if you are at college and trying to go out with mates, it must be really hard. I salute you

Busybee~ Hope you're back on form. Don't do what I did and let it all go. I finished up putting 1 1/2 stone back on

Karchr~ Well done you on losing 1 3/4lb. Never mind you could've done better, I'd be made up with 1 3/4 lb loss. Give yourself a pat on the back. You've done really well

And last but not least the lovely Becca ~
Glad to hear that your emotions are under control , at least your other half won't have to through his cap in the room before he comes in
I love sugar free jelly, like you say its a life saver. I put a WW 1/2 point jelly over mine and pretend its a trifle yum yum yum
I use my i-pod a lot for quick replies on here .I use the app and tap the box with an arrow in at the top right hand corner and then chose reply to thread, that allows you to reply without using the quote.
Hope you enjoyed your chocolate and cake and don't feel guilty about it. It's not worth having it if you you worry about it after.
Keep going honey, and hopefully you'll have a little bundle of joy at the end of it all no matter what your weight will be.

Sorry if I've missed anyone out but hope you're all doing well

Luv Ang xx

Hi, I am new here, my Daughter (gleave) is using this thread, and it is helping her, so she advised me to come here too. I lost 5 stone 2 years ago, and very stupidly put it all back on :( I went back to WW, but do not like the pro points system, so am going it alone (or rather with gleave) doing the old points system, I started 2 weeks ago, and have lost 7lb, and my next weigh in is tomorrow, and I am looking forward to feeling good again.

Hello to all the new members - including "JayW" ;)

Ang, thanks for the pep talk. Tonight is night two of the night shift... which is the trial... last night I managed to stay away more than I normally would do, and tried to make healthier choices, but I still think I went over by around 3 points. But, I set today as having 3 points less and so far, so good. So, fingers crossed, I wont see anything bad when I weigh in tomorrow!

Hope everyone's having a happy Sunday night! I'm yet to have tea! Trying to hold off as long as I can, that way I should avoid the ice creams - they are weight watchers/solero so all low, but I have a problem stopping at one... definitely something I need to work on!

Welcome Sophie - Hope you manage to lost the weight with discovery. Wish you all the best hun. x
Karchr - Well done on the weight loss :D

Hi Ang - Well, it was a shame to miss the christening :( But sounds like everybody had a good time and weren't too peeved at the fact I didn't make it. Don't know if you are following my diary or anything but I was excellent while out for lunch with my friend - Succumbed to the temptation of chips and mayo earlier though. Extra walks the next few days.

Jayw - Welcome to the thread :) Congrats on your weight loss so far - good for you.

Jo - well done on your walks this weekend. Cold weather but thankfully dry.

xx

JayW said:
Hi, I am new here, my Daughter (gleave) is using this thread, and it is helping her, so she advised me to come here too. I lost 5 stone 2 years ago, and very stupidly put it all back on :( I went back to WW, but do not like the pro points system, so am going it alone (or rather with gleave) doing the old points system, I started 2 weeks ago, and have lost 7lb, and my next weigh in is tomorrow, and I am looking forward to feeling good again.

Wow just like me I lost 5 stones went from a size 16 to a perfect size 8 then wot did I do I put it alll back on was really upset with myself but hey new start new beginning good luck hun xxx

Hey everyone
I really messed up since wednesday and it all started when I weighted in and lost 1/4 of a pound, it was my TOTM and I got really upset even though I was expecting a STS or a gain, anyway I made a baked cheesecake for hubby and started picking and eventually ate a quarter piece which was 9 points! And well over my points 4 the day, so I Said to myself will start over the next day and It just didn't happen. Was thinking shall I weigh in today and then weigh in next Wednesday as I'd rather see the gain today and restart today, I lost 8 pounds in 4 weeks & now got to face the gain cuz of a 4 day binge :(

Hello my lovlies

How is everyone doing?

Sas:bighug:. Poor you - its horrible to feel that way isn't it. I've been there over the last few days and am expecting it to come back too. If you feel the best thing for you is to weigh in tomorrow and start again lovely then you do that, we'll all support you whatever you decide. I know its disheartening to see a possible gain but all we can do is draw a line underneath it and start again, there is no point in letting it ruin our journey all together otherwise we may as well call this thread the 'get fatter for summer' challenege :), and that is definately not what either of us will be doing - you included sweetie - you can do it xx

Eabha - hope you had a good night out, its lovely to get so many compliments isn't it, makes you realise what you're working towards :)

Welcome to Wolfie, Itwillwork and Jayw. You are all very very welcome to join us. We're a lovely friendly group and as you can probably tell support each other through so many things not just weight loss.

Karen - well done on your loss hun. Keep up the good work :). How is everything going in your world - hope its all good :)

Gleave - I know what you mean about ice cream - i'm terrible, once I start I struggle to stop - am loving Mint Skinny Cows at the mo - only 1.5 points each too :)

Jo - well done on your long walks over the weekend. Cornwall is so lovely

Ang - I love you :). You are so wonderful and supportive and I appreciate it so much.

afm - am still feeling inadequate but I know its partly because I am overweight but partly the hormones. We have our 'Royal visit' in about 90 mins and everyone is dressed up to the nines but I just feel like i'm going to a funeral or something (all in black). Hey ho - in 6 months, I'll be the one in the smaller clothes (or maternity clothes :)), and will feel fab i'm sure. Diet wise have stuck to points the last few days with no prob (thanks to Sugar free jelly :)), today we have 3 buffets at work at different times of the day because its also our open evening, but I have brought my own food so I dont have an excuse for touching the buffets at all :)

Hope you all have a good Monday -xxxx

ps. Where's Lee and Twinny????? Miss you both x

Weigh in days:
Becca (5.5/20) - Sat (P1 -5.5lbs):party0049: Wk 1 STS :)
Clare (11/20) - Tues (P1 -11lbs):greenapple: Wk 1 STS :)
Karen - Sat (P1 - 5.75lbs):greenapple:

Suzanne - Fri wk 1 - 3 lbs :party0049: wk 2 -0.5lbs :greenapple: Wk 3 - 1.75lbs :clap:
Eabha - Tues (P1 - 5lbs)
:party0049: Wk 1 +2lbs :( Wk 2 - 1.5lbs :)
Ang (3/22) - P1 - 3lbs :clap:
Sas (7/69) - Weds wk 1 -2lb:greenapple: wk 2 -3lbs :happy096: Wk 3 - 2.25lbs :clap:

Lee (9.75/42) - Mon (P1 -8.5lbs):greenapple: Wk 1 - 1.25lbs :happy096:
Marli - Tues (P1 -9lbs) :party0049: Wk 1 STS :)
Busy Bee - Weds wk 1 - 2.2lbs :clap: wk 2 +0.4 Wk 3 - 0.8lbs :)

Loumo (4/41) - Mon Wk1 -4lbs :party0049:
Jo (6/19) - Fri (P1 - 6lbs) :clap: Wk 1 +1lb wk 2 - 0.5lbs :greenapple:
4ever - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :clap:
Misteeq - Mon Wk 1 - STS :)
Chaz - Weds wk 1 - 2.5 :) Wk 2 - 1lb :greenapple: Wk 3 - 3lbs
:party0049:
Lisi (5/24) - Fri Wk 1 - 2lbs :party0049: wk 2 - 1lb :greenapple:
Gliter -Mon

Niamh - Tues Wk 1 +0.5lbs :greenapple:
Gleave - Mon wk 1 -5lbs
Jameslea - Fri
Honeybee - Fri
Kim - Sat Wk 1 - 4.5 lbs :party0049:
Itwillwork -
Wofie - Sun
JayW - Mon

I'm heeeeeeeeeeeeeeere!!!

Twinny I did text you earlier to say that I am still alive, did you get it? I hope you're ok, please just focus on you - the scales will pick up and the treatment is of utmost importance at the moment. We'll be here all of the way I promise!! The royal visit is finally here, I hope it goes well, and well done you for being prepared againt the evil buffet! P.S. you are far far far from inadequate, you're our little star!!

Eabha - A big hi-5! It's such a fab feeling isn't it? I too went out in a dress on sat night and felt good in it for the first time in as long as I can remember, yey!

Jo - well done on your loss hon, that is fab!

Welcome to all of the new additions to the team, we've got quite a few of us now, it's great! I truly believe this is the reason I am actually sticking to a diet properly for the first time in years. Well I say that, but I accidently got very drunk on Saturday night and drank well over my points, and ended up with cheesey chips from the kebab shop at the end of the night....oops....heres hoping WI is still kind to me tomorrow!!

Sorry I have been AWOL, I have been so so busy and also had problems with my iPhone so couldn't access the app - the kind people at the Apple store replaced it for me yesterday so I'm back! :D

Is anyone planning anything for Valentines day? I am considering having the night off - what are your thoughts?! My poor long suffering boyfriend has to hear about points all day every day, and I thought it would be nice to treat him to a nice meal so I have just been out and bought some stuff for dinner tomorrow, was going to have chicken breast with cheese and BBQ sauce (yum) with mashed potato and peas, leeks and pancetta. Followed by chopped strawberries and brownies with a chocolate fondue (I'll have the strawberries!) with a nice bottle of vino. I am going to point it all when I get home and see how bad it all is, and have minimal points during the day tomorrow. Just wondered if any of you guys had anything planned and how you were going to handle it?

Much love xxx

Ok so my binge has made me put on 2lbs hoping to stay on track today as everyone is having Chinese tonight, actually does anyone know the points for chicken and sweet corn soup x

Back