SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Well another weigh in tomorrow, not sure how Iv done, dont feel any slimmer but am plodding on none the less.
As usual I was good during the week but then of course the weekend hit and all resolve went out the window ..

Friday night I went to the boyfriends for dinner - wasnt too bad as he made fish in batter and mashed potatoes, didnt
have any booze although sat up chatting with him and his family til 3am lol they had a few drinks but I honestly wasnt in the mood.
Saturday I hit the shops, got a fab new top for only 11 euro .. size 12 aswell woo hoo !
Went out saturday night wearing skinny jeans and my new top , felt great as I never wear skinny jeans as I hate my Bum lol way too big !
Boozed the night away but had lots of fun - when we got home bf made toast, but couldnt manage any of it as had clearly had enough
vodka to drink lol Sunday then hangover !!!! Was ok during the day but the evening munchies kicked in ... lunch was beans on toast,
dinner was chicken, spicy sauce, and noodles oh and a good few chips oops had forgot about them , spent the day
munching fruit salad, yogurts lol but that night I did succumb and fell into the chocolates lol had 4chocolates, pointed them
at 1point each so at least I still pointed them lol

Was a good weekend :) am gyming tonight, in preparation for Valentines meal tomorrow, not sure whats on offer but I will
be eating whatever BF makes and also picking us up a yummy dessert, Iv decided Im gonna have tomorrow eve off to have what
I want and then get straight back to it on wednesday - is any one else taking the evening off ?? I promise I will try not to be too
much of a piggy but Im looking forward to not counting points and eating what I want ... will try not to stuff myself silly lol

what are the rest of you guys doing for Valentines Day?? Are you gonna point or throw caution to the wind? please tell me Im not the only one lol

Have just got through all the posts - love reading them!

Sophie and JayW - welcome to the group! Im only a newbie here myself ... but find the group support amazing!

Sas - wow 5 stone - if you have lost it once you can lose it again!! Draw a line and make a fresh start on your weight loss
journey - we are all behind you!! hope you are back on track again - cake for me is the WORST as I pick and pick instead of just sitting down and having a slice !!! Cheesecake is the worst - you have me craving it now lol ! TOTM aswell is soo tough
to control ... I eat like a horse - the only advise I can give is fill up at meal times and save points for chocolate treats, such as curly wurlys etc

Becca - hope you are doing ok, hopeing I will have a weight loss to give you tomorrow !!!

Skinny - only reading thru posts now yay another person having the night off !! I dont feel as bad now - Im planning on doing the same ! :D although Im planning on not even counting points for the evening lol oops could be a bad idea !!
Im thinking it might give my body a shake up lol thats what Im telling myself anyways !!!! hehehe !

Hi guys thanks for the warm welcome!

Skinny and Jo those meals sound amazing!! Makes me hungry just reading about them lol : D

So far so good, managed two good days of pointing, with plenty of points left for this evening after tea : ) I am going out tomorrow night with all my singleton mates to a bar for a meal and drinks, (I would take the night off like you Niamhs but having only done two days, want to get a good week under my belt) : ) the problem is what to eat?! I looked up the menu online but there's lots of burgers and pizza's with some pasta dishes and salads. Anyone got any suggestions? I was thinking about a salad but the only one I like has chicken bacon and egg in it as well as tarragon mayonnaise so might be quite high in points : /

Happy Monday everyone!

Sophie

Welcome Sophie and JayW. You're in the right place. I too want to get that bikini body for my hols and to feel good about myself so hopefully we'll all get there come May/June!

I'm still on a bit of a high from Sat night as I have a bit of boy interest as well :rolleyes: So I have lots of motivation atm.

Clare well done to you too for feeling good in your dress. It really makes such a difference when we feel comfortable in our clothes!

Unfortunately my valentines day will consist of studying and watching desperate housewives :cry: I suppose its good I don't have a bf as my WI is on Weds!! For those of you with plans, the most important thing is to enjoy your night. One evening won't derail you completely as long as you don't go too crazy. All your meals sound lovely. I'm well jealous.

Sas it seems you have had a similar week to the one I had a few weeks ago. I put on 2lbs as well but the most important thing is to register the gain and draw a line under it. You can start afresh now and lose those 2lbs and much more. Its a tough journey so slip ups are bound to happen every so often.

Becca - Hope you managed to steer clear of the buffet love :) Excellent willpower if so xx

Skinny_Wannabe82 - I love how you phrased 'accidentally got drunk' I am glad to hear it happens to the best of us. Lol. Enjoy your Valentines ;) Have 0 point foods during the day or something. Lol. Everything sounds very yummy :D What I wouldn't give for one of my very naughty homemade brownies..Yum. I don't have anything planned mainly due to the fact that I am single. Going for a coffee after work with my friend and then I will come home and spend the evening chilling out :)

Niamhs - Hope your weigh in goes well hun :)

Wofie - Glad to hear you are on track :D You could maybe have the salad if you found out the nutritional values and pointed it online and just stick to 0 point foods for the rest of the day? I myself would take the day off if I had plans like a lot of you - but dont listen to me. I'm being naughty :D

UpTheDuff - Boy interest? Doesn't it give you a mega boost? :D

Well I hope everybody has had a good day points wise - I've stuck to mine for the day and have 3 points left. Looking forward to a WW Vanilla creamed rice and a pack of Quavers. Lol.

Much Love

xx

Hi everyone!sorry I have not been on, I was out for a meal and drinks on sat and was far too hungover yest! I have a confession to make, I had a chinese yesterday! Gutted I did it now, I feel terrible but sticking to points until wednesday and pray tht the scales will be my friend!
Welcome to all the newbies im sure you will find it a great help, I know I do. Well done on all the losses and sts. to the gains..keep focused its so hard but we will get there!
Becca big hugs!
hope everyone had a good weekend
Xx

Hello girlies...

Haven't read the posts just yet, as I am a little busy and will catch up with them when I can. Just wanted to update my stats after weigh in today - Lost 2lb. :) Which is pretty decent considering I went over on Saturday evening, glad that I managed to make up for it on Sunday.

Anyway, check back soon. xx

Hi everyone! Can I join too? Starting ww again after having my first baby and I really do not enjoy the pp plan so going to stick to the old! I'm planning my first weigh in tomorrow morning so Tuesdays will be my weigh day :)

Hey lisi thanks for the advice, seems like the plan, though I know when I get there I might succumb to temptation haha.

Gleave well done on your weight loss 2lb is great!

Chunky-mummy, welcome to the forum, I only just joined the thread too but everyone is so welcoming and supportive so I wouldn't see a problem :) I definitely found discovery points much better than pro points as well! :)

STS again.....a bit gutted as I feel loads better? These last few pounds are such a pig to get off! :(

Decides not to take tonight off plan, I'll make the meal work within my points and have fruit for dessert an skip the wine :(

Better luck to anyone else WI today! xx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

Hello all my lovely lovely shrinking friends

How is everyone doing?

Sas, Gleave well done on your losses my lovlies :) - you'll have bikini bods in no time at this rate :)

twinny - :copon:, thats for obviously being very hard on yourself lovely, and also :bighug:cos you're great and I dont know where i'd be without your support.

ACtually :bighug:to everyone because we're all such a support to each other, its so nice to have a circle of friends that know what each other are going through.

Now as I was saying Twinny ........... I know its sooooooooooooooooo bloody frustrating having a STS, but just remember how well you have done lovely. There's me back where I bloomin started, and then there's you who is now feeling fab in a dress (yey you :)) not far off a stone lighter and well on your way to looking fantastic in your bikini. Dont punish yourself but not allowing yourself a drink on valentines day, and by worrying about pointing your meal. Its 1 little night off. its not going to do any harm that cant be reversed, and it may even kick start things again hun. Enjoy yourself tonight lovely and then start fresh tomorrow :). You deserve it (I did get your text, did you not get my reply????).

Well sounds like lots planned for valentines night, lots of lovely meals. I hope you all enjoy the evening :). Eabha - i'm with you hun. We have another open evening this time in WOrcester which is about 1hrs drive away so by the time i've done that and got home it will be my bed time!!!!!!

Chaz - dont beat yourself up over your chinese hun. The main thing is that you enjoyed it and got straight back on track the next morning.

Welcome Chunky mummy - hope you'll settle here and find lots of support :). Can I just ask your name before I put you on the tracker - cant keep calling you chunky can we, especially as you'll soon be skinny :).

Sophie - glad you're getting on well

Helloooooooooooooooo to everyone else.

afm - well, Royal visit wen very well yesterday and I managed to stick to my points and didn't touch the buffet at all :). I was rather proud of myself. In fact, have stuck to points all week so far :). Emotions are still quite calm, but now the main side effect i'm getting from the drugs is that I just cant sleep! Its driving me crazy, the last 3 nights i've had a maximum of 2 hours a night. I am so tired! This morning I was up eating crumpets at 2am!! I did point them, but put them into yesterdays points, figured it wouldn't really matter either way as its spread out over the week.

Well, back to work for me, off to Worcs in about 20 mins.

Keeeeeeeeeeeeeeeep slimming everyong :).

hugs to everyone :hug99::hug99::hug99::hug99:

Weigh in days:
Becca (5.5/20) - Sat (P1 -5.5lbs):party0049: Wk 1 STS :)
Clare (11/20) - Tues (P1 -11lbs):greenapple: Wk 1 STS :) wk 2 - STS :clap:
Karen - Sat (P1 - 5.75lbs):greenapple:

Suzanne - Fri wk 1 - 3 lbs :party0049: wk 2 -0.5lbs :greenapple: Wk 3 - 1.75lbs :clap:
Eabha - Tues (P1 - 5lbs)
:party0049: Wk 1 +2lbs :( Wk 2 - 1.5lbs :)
Ang (3/22) - P1 - 3lbs :clap:
Sas (9.25/69) - P1 - 9.25lbs :clap:

Lee (9.75/42) - Mon (P1 -8.5lbs):greenapple: Wk 1 - 1.25lbs :happy096:
Marli - Tues (P1 -9lbs) :party0049: Wk 1 STS :)
Busy Bee - Weds wk 1 - 2.2lbs :clap: wk 2 +0.4 Wk 3 - 0.8lbs :)

Loumo (4/41) - Mon Wk1 -4lbs :party0049:
Jo (6/19) - Fri (P1 - 6lbs) :clap: Wk 1 +1lb wk 2 - 0.5lbs :greenapple:
4ever - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :clap:
Misteeq - Mon Wk 1 - STS :)
Chaz - Weds wk 1 - 2.5 :) Wk 2 - 1lb :greenapple: Wk 3 - 3lbs
:party0049:
Lisi (5/24) - Fri Wk 1 - 2lbs :party0049: wk 2 - 1lb :greenapple:
Gliter -Mon

Niamh - Tues Wk 1 +0.5lbs :greenapple:
Gleave - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :) wk 2 - 2lbs
:party0049:Jameslea - Fri
Honeybee - Fri
Kim - Sat Wk 1 - 4.5 lbs :party0049:
Itwillwork -
Wofie - Sun
JayW - Mon

Hi guys, great news on weigh in - after last weeks gain (totm) I have lost 3lbs which Im over the moon with !
Brings me to 10 stone 13, so only 6lbs til I get to goal !!! Becca can you update for me please? thanks hun :)

Am taking tonight off as my boyfriend is cooking me a meal and I want to have some chocolate too ... but I will
be straight back on track tomorrow - also my points are being reduced from 20points to 19points which will be
abit of a shock to the system lol

Sophie - when eating out I find it best to stick to pasta dishes, in tomato sauces, they are normally the best points wise.
chicken burgers prob wouldnt be overly bad but then again they alawys come with chips - which I wouldnt be able to
resist eating! Best to stick to a pasta dish if you can - chicken salad is another good option.

Lisi - Your post reminded me - I havent had quavers in ages I love love love these crisps yum remind me how many points in
a packet again??

Wishing everyone a lovely Valentines Day - enjoy it, its only one day off and we all need a little break from ww

chat to you all soon xx

Hi everyone hope your all having a good wee valentines day <3 whatever your doing :)

been sticking to my points well this week and finding it easier as the week goes on. dreading my WI though as i feel like i currently weigh 1,000lbs due to TOM :'( also not been able to get to the gym due to a nasty cold all week :( :(

dont suppose there is any thing i can do to help with the bloatedness/water retention feeling lol i keep imaginig my face is a balloon :O xx

Aw Kimmy nothing worse than that feeling - lots of water helps the water retention ... hot water bottle can help with the horrible bloated feeling ...

keep reminding urself it only lasts a few days xxxx

thanks niamhs :)

aw its horrible, i'm dreading the scales i can just imagine the wee figure sprinting up :( :( probably not as bad as I think lol thats just the way i feel just now....dont get weighed till Friday though so I'm hoping i'll be back to normal lol at the moment i feel like a big wobbly thing haha xxx

You will be fine by Friday hun, keep at it - keepint motivated is the main thing

Save points for treats like chocolate if thats what you are craving and come on here for support

Let us know how u get on on Friday !

Niamh xx

thanks again niamhs :) am quite lucky i dont really crave chocolate or anything, well i do tend to eat loads more carbs unfortunately and i think thats worse than the chocolate lol xxx

Lisi it really does especially as I never used to get it. Its not so much that I've lost weight and suddenly they're all interested. I think its that since losing weight I feel much better with myself and I am more confident and walk taller :rolleyes: Before I would never had have the confidence to walk up to a guy but now I do it all the time :D

Chazz we've all been there. Take what the scales say tomorrow and move on. The most important thing is to keep going!

Gleave and Niamh well done on you losses :happy096:

Welcome chunky mum :welcome:

Aw Clare don't be too disappointed. At least you feel good and who knows it may show up next week :hug99:

Kimmibabi I know how you feel. The knock on effect from not taking a break on the pill is starting to hit me this week and I feel so bloated. But if you've been good then if it doesn't show this week it'll show the following week so don't be too disheartened. The best thing for it is to drink lots of water.

I am dreading my WI tomorrow. I haven't stepped on the scales at all this week so I've no idea what to expect. I feel good but I haven't done that much exercise. I really want the 0.5lb gone that's left from my 2lb gain and a little more. Guess we'll have to see.

Lee you've gone very quiet. Hope everything is ok.

hi everyone sorry not logging on in ages...i did nt really fall of wagon completely ....i put up 2 lbs only so am back in the saddle now.

had a family funeral and general hectic life that kept me away.......anyway omg there is some seriious minimin activity going on here! well done everyone on the losses...delighted for ye........happy valentines day!:)

Back