SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Chazz27xx - I hope your chinese wont reflect too badly on your WI. Good luck :)

Gleave - Well done on the 2lbs loss. Go you.

Chunky-Mummy - Welcome to the 'group' and what a fantastic bunch of people they all are I must say :D

Wofie - Temptation is sometimes too much. Lol. Hope you stay strong :) If not, draw that line under it.

Niahms - The Quavers are 1.5 points hun :) Enjoy.

UpTheDuff - thats great that you have the confidence to walk up to a guy. I'm still working on that ;) I know I look a lot better than I did 2 years ago and am a couple of stone lighter its just getting your mind frame around that. Lol.

Hope everybody managed to get through Valentines Day. I was especially good - stuck within my points and even managed a bit of walking actually :)

I came home from coffee with a friend to be greeted by a dozen red roses, 2 valentines cards and a bottle of Rose Wine. Totally made my day - As I'm single I wasn't expecting anything today. One happy girl :)

Hello Girls,

Just had a quick read through everything - my, oh, my it's busy here!

Welcome to Chunky Mummy (and any newbies I have missed out.) And Hello to everyone else.

Eabha, it really sounds as though you're confidence is growing by the day! Hope you get that last 1/2 pound from the gain off, but not to worry if you don't - it's hardly holding you back (check you, going up to a guy! Don't think I could!)

Becca, well done on steering clear of the buffet and sticking to points all week. Those injections would be making it really difficult, and a lack of sleep - hmmm, if I can't sleep I usually end up eating, so I think you're doing fantastically.

Niamhs, well done!!! Can't wait to see someone on here reach their goal weight! (I know it may have happened already, but not since I have been coming on.)

Kimmi, hugs, you'll be OK! :) Nothing will happen that can't be fixed!

Skinny, hope you enjoyed your valentines evening. I'm with Becca... the treat of one night off could do you good and give you a boost, so I hope you gave yourself a little bit of a break.

Well, I have been out for the day with Adam and DS and didn't fancy chicken salad - always the same! I really wanted a steak so I went for a little one and asked for the chips to be left off and had salad with it instead. I have slipped up a little bit, force of habit, in that I asked for a hot chocolate when we were at softplay - I did skip the cream and it was a watery one, which I don't think will be too bad, but I am feeling like I really need to make up for that with the rest of the week. I stayed on track with my points yesterday, and came under, so if I behave myself the rest of the week, I hope I'll see a decent loss. We're going to Twycross Zoo on Thursday, so that will be a fair bit of walking around.

Hope everyone has had a nice evening.

Thanks Gleave - really hopeing I reach goal soon but at the same time Im in no rush - Im just glad I have got my eating under control
to be honest as I used to suffer from binge eating, which I finally seem to have gotten under control!

Decided to take yesterday eve off, hopeing it would speed up my metabolism (any excuse lol) and of course coz it was Valentines day
and didnt wanna be guessing points etc So arrived at my boyfriends house after work, he had got me a bunch of roses and a card - he had
written a poem in the card which is sooo not like him - he isnt the romantic type at all, bless him. He had also made dinner which was
absolutely gorgeous ... home made burgers, pitta bread, salad and deep fried chips yummmm hadnt had proper chips in ages, its all
been oven chips lol dessert was a big bowl of chocolate ice cream and later on I had half a bar of chunky kit kat, wasnt overly bad (looking
back at how I was before WW) - back on track today and have my healthy menu sorted!!

B: cereal bar + milk 3points
L: pitta, tuna, mayo, cucumber 4points
S: 1 large apple 1point
D: spicy chicken with salad and pitta bread 7points
Total 15/19 - leaves some points for a snack with my cup of tea later on :)

6lbs to goal - gotta stick with this !!!!!

Have lost 2lb this week :) That's 9lb in total now!!!! Yay!!!

Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrrr - gutted. Just spent ages writing a long post, clicked submit and computer crashed!!!! Not happy!!!!!!!:cry:

oh well my lovlies, have to go back to work now so cant write another. Will catch up with you tonight.

Love you all xx

Ang I STS as well :flamingmad: I stuck to my points but it proves that I need to do exercise regularly if I'm going to lose this weight. Of course I had a mini binge after which is so typical :banghead:
On the bright side I have put it behind me and I just killed myself doing the Davina DVD. I have 2 weeks until my ball so I'd love to have about 3-4 lbs gone for that. Ang if we keep at it surely the rewards will have to come soon??!!

Eabha :hug99: Don't give yourself a hard time, I know it's frustrating, but at least it's a STS and you've not got to work anything extra off. And there is plenty of time to work off the slip up too. I've just been reading about exercises (wondering what's best for the BELLY! Haha!) What exercising do you do? If you're regularly working out the same body parts in the same sort of exercises, it can sometimes help to change/add a new kind of exercise as working different muscles that you normally do can help give your metabolism a kick. So if you are used to aerobics, DVDs, running then rowing machine and swimming etc can give you a good boost. Plus, you're toning other parts of the body. Course, I've no idea what you already do, so that may be totally USELESS to you... but seemed relevant to share, while it was in my brain.

I've stuck to my points today with a couple left over for a few rich teas with my brew later... Trying to save 2 a day for a couple of reasons - make up for that hot choc I had yesterday; get ready for the drop in points I am going to have soon; and give myself a mini treat if I've lost on Monday.

Tomorrow, we were meant to be going to Twycross zoo, but we've decided to go to Liverpool Museum instead to see the dinosaurs and everything else. I'm going to make up some pitta sandwiches tonight ready to take with me, and try to keep it as low as possible, so I don't need to worry about picking my own food all day while we're out. Not sure what's on the agenda in the evening.

I've meal-planned for the week too, ready for shopping on Satuday, so hopefully I'll stick to that next week. It's our 7 year anniversary 3 weeks tomorrow, so I want to lose 4-5 pound for that...

Thanks Gleave. I feel much better now. I did my shopping and got some new foods. I've done out my meal plans as well saving a few points each day. I've saving so that if I get cravings this week I'll have the points to cover it and if I don't use them I'm going on a date this weekend which will mean drinks!

Re exercise, I do Davina's 30 minute workouts during the week when there's no-one in the house and then at weekends I do an hour walk. I'm thinking of getting her new DVD as I hear it's great but I'm going to wait until I'm have my 2 weeks break from college so I have more time to do it.

Enjoy the museum tomorrow. At least you're prepared so you can stay away from any food places. 4-5 lbs in doable by your anniversary. Have you got anything special planned for it?

Hi guys thanks for everyone who gave me advice about meal out last night, have to say that I gave in and had a burger and chips :O but back on track today so hopefully it won't show on the scales too much on Sunday :/ sorry for the short post but had a really busy day so off for an early night. Well done to those who lost and STS :)

Sophie

Not just yet... only just dawned on me that it was so soon! This year is flying by already. Will have to have a think and decide what's what.

I've no idea about the fitness DVD... I am hopeless at following them, the classes etc. My hands and arms don't move in sync! Haha! So I intend to just hit the gym and burn it off to a bit of music. I'd like to get my fitness levels up a bit first though, so I am going to start by walking more.

Anyway, I am glad you are feeling better! I am rushing now, forgot one born every minute was on tonight, so I am just about to watch it on +1!

Hello All :) Hope everyone is well?

Gleave - Aren't you good being so strict while out for food!! I'm going for food on Friday night with some friends and really fancied a steak, but then I saw the points of one...I think I'll be having chicken ;) Because I want to keep some points towards wine. Lol. Hope you enjoy your day tomorrow x

Ang - A STS is better than a gain hun!! Chin up, you'll get some weeks like that. Have you tried measuring your inches?

Niahms - Your Valentine dinner sounds lovely! My mouth is watering. I really want some ice cream...Lol!! Glad to hear you enjoyed it! I'm confused with your apple though - How come you worked out a large one to be 1 point? My book says a large is 2. Lol! 6lbs to go - same as me. We can do this!!

JayW - Well done on your loss :)

UpTheDuff - As I said to Ang, chin up - try measuring yourself because you may of lost inches? Hope you reach your 4lbs loss by your ball, I'm sure you will!

hi guys

hope everyone is doing well - I did major workout in gym last night, aching today - hope its all worth it at next weigh in!

uptheduff - sts is good - although I know how frustrating it can be when you expect a loss - keep at it hun! I heard great things about the Davina
DVD, do you find it tough ?

Gleave - did you find any exercises to tone tummy?? my tummy is my problem area i I know it will never be flat but would like to stop the wobble somewhat hahaha :) I also find it good to save points for the weekend and well done on planning your meals and being prepared. Planning
can be so important I find - sticking with the plan is the tough part LoL!!

Lisi - eeek @ apple points .. I always thought a small apple was half a point and a large apple is 1point ???? Im nearly sure this is the points for it !
The meal was gorgeous + happy to say Im back on track now woo hoo! Oooh u have 6lbs to go aswell - brilliant !! Im taking it slow but would love love love to be at goal by Easter - so I can gorge on chocolate hahaha ! Iv got 2 weekends away coming up (going to London) so will be hard to
have a loss them weeks, but all I can do is my best, save points, etc etc.

Gurl - welcome to the group, keep us updated on how you are getting on!

Can someone confirm how many points in a small salted popcorn from the cinema?

Niamh xx

Hi everyone :)

Hope ur all doing well <3

Well tomorrow is my WI after a full week on discovery points....I just weighed myself at home and according to my scales I've put on 3.5 lbs!!! And I go by my scales plus 2lb as a rough estimate of what I'll weigh in it...I'm devastated :( I've not been to the gym this week due to a cold but have been sticking to the points, according to the calculator app....I'm desperate here, did anyone experience a gain comin off pp back to discovery?

Help a poor soul feel better :( lol xxxx

Welcome to gurl!

Lisi, well done on you being so close to goal too. I didn't realise you were that close. Ahhh, bet you can see the bikini bod in the summer already!!

Kimmi, all I can say really is that your weight can fluctuate by 2lb a day anyway and if you are using different scales, in a different place, at a different time - then I'd try to just stick to the same ones you weigh in on. Even if it is really, really hard to avoid the temptation! Fingers crossed for you, but try not to be too disheartened, as you say - you've been ill, not exercised as though you normally would and you're still adjusting. Have you got a TOTM coming up or anything too? Really just try to keep in the points tonight and tomorrow and weigh in as you normally would do, forget what your scales say for now. Big hugs for you, I know you must be feeling crappy, but stay strong! It could be totally different by tomorrow - Ask JayW, she sneaked a weigh in last week which said a gain, and a few hours later that night, it had gone right down again.

Niamhs, small salted is 3.5 in the WW Eating Out Guide. Sweet is 5. And as for the tummy exercises, just the usual crunches and then BELLYDANCING. Haha. I watched a beginners guide on youtube and the first two moves are moving your hips and keeping your top half totally still and then moving your top half but keeping your hips and legs totally still. Could feel the burn, surprisingly most with moving the top half! But other than that, I think the general idea is that if you want to burn fat off, then cardio... wherever it is. If you want to tone up, then bums & tums, crunches etc that focus on the tummy. Nothing new unfortunately.

In other news... Liverpool was CRAZY. It took us hours to get there, ages to park and then the museum was absolutely heaving, didn't get to see a thing and the queue for the dinosaur park thing was almost 2 hours - Not a chance! So, bit of a disappointment really - so wished we'd just gone to Twycross in the end, and now school's back on next week and Adam's working weekends for the next 3 weeks, we can't go there for a while yet. :( On the other hand though, my thighs are killing me from the steps! Which has to be good, and I have just about stuck to my points today. I have enough for a weight watchers instant hot chocolate later on and that's my 21 - still saving my two a day.

Caught myself in the mirror in a shop earlier on, and realised I could actually see a (slight) difference for the first time. I was pretty pleased with that. And the jeans I have on today, I bought just before Christmas... they fit, but put a bit on over Christmas and then they were pretty tight... today they have felt a little bit loose... So, I am starting to think there must be some kind of visible difference after all! :D

Sorry, kimmi, just been reading that back. The but about weight fluctuating - Your weight can fluctuate by 2lb in any one day... Not 2 a day! (That is according to the Wii, which shouts at you if you weigh in 15 minutes later than usual! ;))

Thanks gleave :)
Aww I was soo shocked, I couldn't even work out how I could have put on that much I've been really good, lol probably havin scales in the house not the best idea :eek: yeah it is TOTM this week as well so I can allow for that....well fingers crossed anyway I get weighed at lunchtime so I'll let you know how I've got on :)

That's great about you noticing a difference in the mirror! It's great when you see a difference in yourself I think, really gives you a boost :) <3 lol @ the wii comment :p that thing scares me more than the weigh in lol xxxxx

Hi Everyone

Its nearly the weekend woo hooo quiet enough one for me ... heading to the cinema tonight (hence the question about the popcorn lol)
3.5 for a small salted popcorn is very good - thanks gleave ! Then tomorrow eve am meeting a friend for dinner (will be good promise lol) and
not sure about tomorrow night, few drinks at home maybe .. no reason to go off track - no boozy nights out for once lol

Also Gleave thanks for the tummy toning ideas, Iv never tried bellydancing - do you have to get your belly out ?? lol im so self councious of it .. might
look up some classes nearby though, Id try anything for a more toned tum :D

Kimmi - weight definetly fluctuates especially with totm - I often put on weight with totm but normally have a good loss the following week - so
stick with it !!

I know its not til next week but is every one celebrating pancake tuesday ?? Its great coz I actully weigh in on a Tuesday morn so am
gonna take tuesday eve off again I think - well I took tue eve off this week so will see how weigh in goes lol any one know if pancakes are high
in points ?? Also I tried that new philadelphia chocolate spread OMG gorgeous and addictive !!!!!! May have it with my pancakes next week Id
say it will be fab and better than Nutella lol

Niamh xx

Back