SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Hi again everyone :)

Thanks for your support <3

Got weighed and stayed the same :( booo! back to the gym tonight though so should notice a difference next week :) xxxx

Hi Everybody :)
I'm on the February challenge and I aim to lose 6lbs by the end of the month. I've lost 3lb so far and also a further 1lb today....Just 2lbs to go for the rest of the month... I'm a bit way off my summer challenge :D

So can someone update me for a 1lb loss this week please? :) x

Well done everyone!

Lisi, Congrats!

Niamhs - I have no idea, I was thinking about trying out the DVDs/Workouts on youtube first... And I can tell you now, if I go to a lesson, I will NEVER be getting my belly out!! Never! Well, not unless I am skinny and my stretch marks suddenly vanish, which isn't going to happen! Think they're more fussed about having like a scarf around your hips so you can see that you're doing the right movements... Not sure!

Kimmi, that's much better than you were expecting, and if you do hit the gym and get over TOTM... I reckon you'll have a pleasant surprise next week. STS is miles better than having to try and work anything off, and with valentines this week I think you've done well - Jo & Kimmi - not sure how I feel about getting on the scales on Monday.

I ate Gammon while out today when I really shouldn't have... I was all planned and prepped on what I'd be eating - was going to have the carvery - just chicken and loads of veg, no potatoes or anything... then the carvery wasn't on and I was on the spot and ordered gammon. No idea how many points was in it. I did give more than half my chips away though, and it was a tiny portion anyway, so that's one plus. Just worried about Monday now!!

Thanks for all the support guys. I have been very good yesterday and today. Tonight I was tempted by sweets but I said no and stuck to my 20 points.

Niamh the Davina DVD is great especially when you do it continuously which is my main problem. When I first got it I did 3 times that week and my mum came home from holidays and was shocked at how great I looked. I've done it twice so far this week so need to fit it at least one more time.
I'm shocked at how low a small cinema popcorn is. That'd be a great treat on a night out!
I'm weighing in a day early this week purely so I can have a guilt free pancake Tuesday. It's one of my favourite days of the year as we never have pancakes any other day.There are plenty of ways to have pancakes without doing too much damage. Here's a site with some info although it is in propoints Weight Watchers – ProPoints Pancake Recipe | Mwah.ie -Irish Beauty Blog, including Weight Watchers, Fashion, Videos, random thoughts and all things pink!

Jo at least you didn't gain and you still got to enjoy your valetine's meal and I know you've been busy with Harley as well. It will shift eventually you just have to keep at it.

Lisi well done on your loss. 6lbs is doable if you stick to the plan and exercise.

On a slightly different note....I started off as a size 16 (going on 18) but I am now a size 12 in top and dress. However I'm still a size 16 in trousers/jeans :mad: It doesn't seem to be shifting and I was wondering is/was anyone else in a similar situation? It's just really getting me down at the moment and no amount of exercise seems to make a difference.

I am in the situation where everything shrinks before my tummy. I lose it on my legs really quickly but it takes forever to come off my tummy. I think the only thing you can do is to keep up the exercising and eventually it will start to shrink, but probably never will be as slim as the top half - body shape and all that - and try toning up those areas.

Well I am absolutely shattered today, fingers crossed my will power will kick in. Wish me luck!

Hi everyone!

I have been soooo busy all this week, especially as it's been half term with a house full of additional children! I have been sooo busy I haven't managed to
log on!
Anyways I must say I have missed you all!

Welcome to all the newbies! Well
Done on all weight losses and sts.

I managed to fit in a WI on Wed and I lost 1LB, this week. So a total of 10lbs soooo far, I'm a bit upset as I feel I could of loss more but I'm trying to stay positive!
So please update this Becca.

This week hasn't been so well tbh, I haven't tracked or pointed. I have also been sooo tired all week and in a lot of pain I haven't done any exercise either! I've been in sooo much pain with the physio, but hey I guess it will pay of in the long run.

Anyways back to normality and I will start tracking and pointing again. I need to shift this weight ASAP!

X

Hello my lovelies

i've got a big apology to make for not being around the last few days. Its for a combination of reasons really mainly though because i've been working silly hours and am sooooooooo exhausted. I thought my legs were going to give way in Tesco the other night. I have ME anyway, which has been ok for the last 8 months or so, but I think the combination of work and the drugs is taking its toll now.

I've got up this morning and dont feel right at all, my head feels quite fuzzy and a bit dizzy, almost as if i'm drunk (which obviously at 8.30am I am not :)).

How is everyone getting on?

Lisi did you find out who the valentines were off after? :).

Well done to Niamhs, Jay, Lisi and Marli on your losses :) - you'll all be shrinking to nothing :)

Well done too to Ang, Eabha and Jo for your STS.

THose who have put on - just pick yourselves up lovely, dust down and start fresh, then we can record a loss next week :)

afm - diet wise, have had a good week. Went a little bit off Friday, but litterally only a tiny bit, had a couple of glasses of wine and a panini which I didn't point, but other than that have been ok. I've still decided not to weigh until treatment is over (apart from the odd sneaky peak :)), as hormones send my body all over the place.

Well, my lovelies, I have to get ready to go to my parents so better dash. hope you all have a fantastic weekend.

Lots of love xxx

ps. WELCOME GURL :). Lovely to have you join us hun x

Weigh in days:
Becca (5.5/20) - Sat (P1 -5.5lbs):party0049: Wk 1 STS :)
Clare (11/20) - Tues (P1 -11lbs):greenapple: Wk 1 STS :) wk 2 - STS :clap:
Karen - Sat (P1 - 5.75lbs):greenapple:

Suzanne - Fri wk 1 - 3 lbs :party0049: wk 2 -0.5lbs :greenapple: Wk 3 - 1.75lbs :clap:
Eabha - Tues (P1 - 5lbs)
:party0049: Wk 1 +2lbs :( Wk 2 - 1.5lbs :) Wk 3 STS :)
Ang (3/22) - P1 - 3lbs :clap: Wk 1 STS
Sas (9.25/69) - P1 - 9.25lbs :clap:

Lee (9.75/42) - Mon (P1 -8.5lbs):greenapple: Wk 1 - 1.25lbs :happy096:
Marli - Tues (P1 -9lbs) :party0049: Wk 1 STS :) Wk 3 - 1lbs :)
Busy Bee - Weds wk 1 - 2.2lbs :clap: wk 2 +0.4 Wk 3 - 0.8lbs :)

Loumo (4/41) - Mon Wk1 -4lbs :party0049:
Jo (6/19) - Fri (P1 - 6lbs) :clap: Wk 1 +1lb wk 2 - 0.5lbs :greenapple: Wk 3 STS :)
4ever - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :clap: Wk 2 +2lbs
Misteeq - Mon Wk 1 - STS :)
Chaz - Weds (P1 - 5.5lbs) :)
Lisi (5/24) - Fri Wk 1 - 2lbs :party0049: wk 2 - 1lb :greenapple: Wk 3 - 1lbs :)
Gliter -Mon

Niamh - Tues Wk 1 +0.5lbs :greenapple: WK 2 -3lbs :)
Gleave - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :) wk 2 - 2lbs
:party0049:Jameslea - Fri
Honeybee - Fri
Kim - Sat Wk 1 - 4.5 lbs :party0049:
Itwillwork -
Wofie - Sun
JayW - Mon Wk 1 -2lbs :)
Gurl -

Weigh in days:
Becca (5.5/20) - Sat (P1 -5.5lbs):party0049: Wk 1 STS :)
Clare (11/20) - Tues (P1 -11lbs):greenapple: Wk 1 STS :) wk 2 - STS :clap:
Karen - Sat (P1 - 5.75lbs):greenapple:

Suzanne - Fri wk 1 - 3 lbs :party0049: wk 2 -0.5lbs :greenapple: Wk 3 - 1.75lbs :clap:
Eabha - Tues (P1 - 5lbs)
:party0049: Wk 1 +2lbs :( Wk 2 - 1.5lbs :) Wk 3 STS :)
Ang (3/22) - P1 - 3lbs :clap: Wk 1 STS
Sas (9.25/69) - P1 - 9.25lbs :clap:

Lee (9.75/42) - Mon (P1 -8.5lbs):greenapple: Wk 1 - 1.25lbs :happy096:
Marli - Tues (P1 -9lbs) :party0049: Wk 1 STS :) Wk 3 - 1lbs :)
Busy Bee - Weds wk 1 - 2.2lbs :clap: wk 2 +0.4 Wk 3 - 0.8lbs :)

Loumo (4/41) - Mon Wk1 -4lbs :party0049:
Jo (6/19) - Fri (P1 - 6lbs) :clap: Wk 1 +1lb wk 2 - 0.5lbs :greenapple: Wk 3 STS :)
4ever - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :clap: Wk 2 +2lbs
Misteeq - Mon Wk 1 - STS :)
Chaz - Weds (P1 - 5.5lbs) :)
Lisi (5/24) - Fri Wk 1 - 2lbs :party0049: wk 2 - 1lb :greenapple: Wk 3 - 1lbs :)
Gliter -Mon

Niamh - Tues Wk 1 +0.5lbs :greenapple: WK 2 -3lbs :)
Gleave - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :) wk 2 - 2lbs
:party0049:Jameslea - Fri
Honeybee - Fri
Kim - Sat Wk 1 - 4.5 lbs :party0049:
Itwillwork -
Wofie - Sun
JayW - Mon Wk 1 -2lbs :)
Gurl -

Hi becca,

My WI for 1lb was week 2, week3 is Wednesday coming hun. I was just unable to log on sooner but i haven't missed a week. So can you please amend it to 1lb down on W2.

Thanks girl

Hi all,

Well I STS this week. But i'm not going to worry i've had a lovely week, topped off by wedding dress shopping with my Sister in Law yesterday (how much did I want to try something on!!) then a 8 mile hike today with friends followed by Sunday lunch. Aren't weekends great :)

I have promised myself a loss of 1 1/2lbs this week, so I have my trainers at the ready and have made a 0 point Ratatouille and Butternut Squash soup for some ultra low eve meals.

Have a good week folks.

Karen x

Hello girls, been a very quiet weekend on here! Well done STS Karen! Well done for your 1lb loss Marli! Sure things will be easier next week when the kids are back in school. I know Cayden being off has done me no favours!

My weigh in tomorrow and I am not looking forward to stepping on the scales.

Hey guys just a quick update lost 2lbs in my first week so pleased with that. Had a blow out this weekend so will need to take control again tomorrow as to not effect next weeks weigh in too much :)

Well done to people's losses and STS'

Sophie xx

Had a lovely weekend - nice and chilled ! Went to the cinema Friday night, had the munchies big time when I got home, not
sure why, munched on some cereal and that philadelphia choc ( **** that stuff is addictive lol) - dragged myself to bed to stop myself
from munching - I kid you not lol :D

Saturday then I felt guilty about all the unplanned picking .. so dragged myself to the gym where I did 40 minutes cardio (burning 400 calories)
and some hand weights and sit ups, felt alot better then - its amazing what a quick gym session can do for morale and self esteem. Came
home and chilled out then - spent the day out shopping with my mam ... we picked up some foodie bits aswell, had a nice healthy dinner (prawn stir fry) few drinks and healthy snacks - felt good again and not out of control the way I did Friday night ! Back on track woo hoo !

Sunday had a nice chilled day - a very chilled weekend to be honest, was nice for a change ! Met a friend for a walk, then she came back
to mine for tea and chat - she made a few comments about how I 'never eat' coz I said no thanks to a buscuit ... I said I was trying to lose
a few lbs, she said Im skinny enough already and I was taking it too far, I was really annoyed and said I literally mean a few lbs I just want
to get to a certain weight .. she kept saying oh yeh its always just a few lbs - my mam was there too, I wanted to slap my friend lol she really
annoyed me as she just wouldnt let it go !! Any one else have this ???? Whats the best way to react ?? Feel I should have said more or made
more of a joke about it ....! Oh well its over with now ! but still .. grrrr !!

Weigh in tomorrow, clothes feel loser so hopeing for a loss, will update tomorrow xx

Just read through all the new posts ....

Gleave - the bellydancing dvds sound good - at least I could do it from the comfort of my own home then lol Im starting
dance classes on thursday .. they are called 'Bowka' fitness classes, will make a nice change, got a cheap deal on them so will be doing them for 4 weeks just to see if I like them ...

UpTheDuff - Thanks sooo much for the ideas for pancakes - like you I love them (especially with Nutella on them omg amazing!) so am gonna weigh in 2moro and have the eve off - I still feel guilty for doing this lol but gotta fit WW in around our lives dont we lol thanks for the advice on the Davina DVD, have heard great things about her dvds - wish I had my own house so I could do the DVDs when I wanted lol currently living with mam + brother, would be hard to get the time to do it 3 times a week hmmm may keep my eye out for cheap Davina DVD though - thanks again!

Becca - hope you are ok - get them dizzy spells looked at if u are still not feeling 100% xx

Karen - best of luck for this week, well done on planning in some 0 point soup - the soup is great for the winter aswell, really warms you up plus its great for you aswell! :D

Sophie - wow well done on your weight loss, 2lbs is brilliant !

Hope you all had a great weekend

Becca - I will update on my weight tomorrow, thanks

Niamh xxxx

Hello,

Weighed in and I have lost 2lb. Realllllly chuffed with that, as you know, wasn't looking forward to getting on the scales, so that's fantastic.

Wanted to just let you all know now that I am pregnant! :D I would like to get into the healthy BMI range as much as possible before the weight does start piling on, and I intend to keep control over the weight I do gain. So I'll still be around. Also, healthy eating is obviously a good thing and a habit I don't want to break just because I have "an excuse" to eat loads! Plus, it'll make life easier after I have given birth too.

Niamhs, I have had that when I lost weight in the past. Not a lot you can do really, I don't think... Just as long as you are still in the healthy range, there's no reason why you shouldn't lose weight if that's what you want to do. Just try and brush it off.

Lovely to hear you've had a good weekend too. Mine was pretty good, I was well behaved. What is philadelphia choc???

Well done at getting back on track Jo. It's wet here! :(

OMG Gleave huge congrats - how far gone are you?? brilliant news congratulations !!!!!!! xxxx

Philadelphia chocolate spread omg its amazing ! keep an eye out for it in tescos, thats where I got mine, will be fab with pancakes / on buiscuits etc yum

again big congrats !!! xx

I will look out for that! Chocolate Philly & Digestives = Low Choc Cheesecake. Mmm.

Thanks! I haven't seen the midwife or had a scan yet, but I *think* I am about 8 weeks... that's what she worked it out at over the phone, but will have to confirm that in another few weeks when I've had the dating scan.

Just realised, that 2lb was my first (and probably last for a while) stone. :)

Gleave congratulations :bliss: Definitely eating healthy and exercise will help you at least limit the damage through out. I wish you the best for the pregnancy :)

Marli and Sophie well done on your losses :clap:

Becca I hope the dizziness has gone away and you're feeling better. You're doing really well by sticking to the plan 99% of the time. If I was in your position I honestly don't think I'd be able to stick to it :bighug:

Karen don't stress too much about the STS, at least it wasn't up. Hopefully the hard work will pay off this week and you'll see a loss.

Niamh I often get comments like that but I just nod my head and say we'll see how it goes and change the subject. I find when it comes to weight loss talk the best thing is to smile and give a short, polite reply.

Jo hopefully you'll see a loss this week. You've done so well so far, that last stone will come off eventually. I find weight loss so much better when the weather is dry. Its so nice to get out for a walk.
I also was wondering where Lee is. Hope you're ok Lee :)

Pancake Tuesday tomorrow :drool: I can't wait. I'm also weighing in in the morning and I'm so nervous. The last 4 weeks haven't been the best and I really need a loss tomorrow to keep my self-esteem intact. This is where I always plateau and no matter how hard I try I just can't seem to push past it. It's my TOTM also so that's not helping. Does anyone find that the three weeks fly in between :banghead:

Sorry for my rant. Hope everyone is having a great day.

Thank you Jo & Eabha. I am very happy, even though we've been trying, it has come as a slight shock as I'd done 2 tests that were negative when I was late, and then 2 weeks later. I was starting to worry about why I wasn't "coming on" though and obviously this is why! Talk about all over the place!

Just been checking out the Choc Philly on Tesco.com - :) Ooooh! It looks good. Am I working it out right? 86kcal and 2.5g sat in 30g of it... x5 = 10 points + 1 for the extra 10g and good measure... So 11 points in the whole tub?! Easily create a tasty dessert out of that to share with family. Definitely heading straight to the philly aisle when I go shopping this week!

Hi everyone, sorry I havnt been on, i have been so busy with work.
I have had a good week so really hoping this will reflect in WI tomorrow.
Congratulations gleave!
Hope everyone is doing ok!
Xx

Back