SUMMER CHALLENGE 2012 :)

Hello my lovelies

how are you all doing? Many many apologies for not being around quite so much lately. THe IVF is obviously a biggie at the mo, but I am working ridiculous hours - ended up doing 5 1/4 hours overtime on Friday after!! Am having to go in on my day off tomorrow, then off to interview and assess in banbury on Tuesday which is 2 hours away!!!!!

Congratulations on all those fab losses ladies - Jo, Chaz, 4ever, Gurl and Karen. well done too on STS Eabha (sorry have just tried to put smilies in bit it freezes my notebook so had to give up!)

Jo - fancing being so full of energy :). What a lovely lovely feeling - maybe its the 'Paul McKenna' effect. Hope that goes well for you hun

Marli - sending you a hug lovely. put the past week behind you, draw a line under it and start fresh. We all go off the rails at times hun, you just have to try and focus on pulling it back for the week ahead.

Gleave - Awwww, hugs to you too hun, must be so hard with your son having to change schools, at least he will be recieving the best care and attention he needs though lovely. Sorry to hear your feeling rough too, hope that soon settles. Thank you for your kind wishes on the IVF.

Lisi - nice to receive a valentines though hun, shame its not going to lead to a lovely romance :). We cant make ourselves fancy someone we dont though can we :).

Twinny - how are you getting on my lovely? so much going on in your life at the mo. ANy luck on selling your flat yet?

Helloooooooooooooooo to everyone else

afm - things are going ok I think. Weight wise, i did check yesterday and its slowly going down again which is a good thing. Am starting to feel quite rough though with IVF drugs, scan last week was all good. That means though that now I am on even more drugs which are giving me heartburn and making me feel a sick most of the time. I know it will be worth it though. I have another scan next Thursday, if all ok embryo transfer will be the following week.

Well my lovelies, another busy week lined up so will check in when I can. Keep up all the good work :)

hugs to you all xx

Weigh in days:
Becca (5.5/20) - Sat (P1 -5.5lbs):party0049: Wk 1 STS :)
Clare (11/20) - Tues (P1 -11lbs):greenapple: Wk 1 STS :) wk 2 - STS :clap: WK 3 - 1lb :)
Karen - Sat (P1 - 5.75lbs):greenapple: Wk 1 - STS :) Wk 2 - -1lb :)

Suzanne - Fri wk 1 - 3 lbs :party0049: wk 2 -0.5lbs :greenapple: Wk 3 - 1.75lbs :clap:
Eabha - Tues (P1 - 5lbs)
:party0049: (P 2 +0.5lbs) :)
Ang (3/22) - P1 - 3lbs :clap: Wk 1 STS
Sas (9.25/69) - P1 - 9.25lbs :clap:

Lee (9.75/42) - Mon (P1 -8.5lbs):greenapple: Wk 1 - 1.25lbs :happy096:
Marli - Tues (P1 -9lbs) :party0049: Wk 1 STS :) Wk 2 - 1lbs :) Wk 3 +3lbs
Busy Bee - Weds wk 1 - 2.2lbs :clap: wk 2 +0.4 Wk 3 - 0.8lbs :)

Loumo (4/41) - Mon Wk1 -4lbs :party0049:
Jo (6/19) - Fri (P1 - 6lbs) :clap: (P2 - 0.5lbs) :)
4ever - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :clap: Wk 2 +2lbs Wk 3 - 2lbs :)
Misteeq - Mon Wk 1 - STS :)
Chaz - Weds (P1 - 5.5lbs) :) WK 1 - 4.5lbs
Lisi (5/24) - Fri Wk 1 - 2lbs :party0049: wk 2 - 1lb :greenapple: Wk 3 - 1lbs :)
Gliter -Mon

Niamh - Tues Wk 1 +0.5lbs :greenapple: WK 2 -3lbs :) Wk 3 - STS :party0049:
Gleave - Mon wk 1 -5lbs :) wk 2 - 2lbs Wk 3 - 2lbs :party0049:
Jameslea - Fri
Honeybee - Fri
Kim - Sat Wk 1 - 4.5 lbs :party0049:
Itwillwork -
Wofie - Sun Wk 1 - 2lbs :party0049:
JayW - Mon Wk 1 -2lbs :) Wk 2 - 2lbs :party0049:
Gurl - Wk1 - 3lbs :)

Quick update from me - had a boozy weekend which of course led to hangover munchies yesterday, including subway , chinese, lots of fruit, sugar free jelly and crisps - not overly bad compared to what I used 2 get thru

weigh in tomorrow will update then - fingers crossed for a STS please!

Niamh xx

Hi guys just a quick update from myself as well. Lost two pounds yesterday which is a surprise as I haven't behaved myself very well this week lol.

Niamhs- I also had a boozey weekend but think you were very restrained in your hangover munchies I ended up getting pizza and eating alot of sweets! oops :/

Oh well back on track today. Hope things are well with everyone else :)

Hi guys just a quick update from myself as well. Lost two pounds yesterday which is a surprise as I haven't behaved myself very well this week lol.

Niamhs- I also had a boozey weekend but think you were very restrained in your hangover munchies I ended up getting pizza and eating alot of sweets! oops :/

Oh well back on track today. Hope things are well with everyone else :)

Wow FAB weight loss well done !!!!
Im back on track today which is the main thing, am very hungry tho but trying to hold off til dinner time, will update tomorrow xxxxx

Sorry I haven't been on lately, I have so much college work atm. I have been sticking to the plan and I have upped my exercise big time. I have done Davina's 4 days this week and I can feel a difference on the legs. Only thing is I took a look at the scales and it had me up 4lbs :eek: Now that has come down since but it's still showing a gain so looks like I'm not going to have a loss for the 3rd week in a row :cry: I'm getting really frustrated and starting to dread my holidays. I have actually ordered another Davina DVD that has gotten rave reviews on amazon so I'm hoping if I put the work in, it'll have to show eventually????

Gleave I'm in the high 11s so it's not dropping a point. I have two weeks off college coming up so I might give kickstart a go or even look at changing my plan. One thing I can think of is I have started eating WW bagels recently and I think maybe that could be a problem. They can be quite heavy.
How are you feeling? Hope the pregnancy is going good :)

Well done to everyone who had losses this week. There are some great numbers there so keep up the good work :clap:

Becca you're in my thoughts for next week. I hope the scan gives you the ok to get the embryo transfer :bighug:

Niamh you may hit lucky and the binge may not show up tomorrow. But be careful as it could show up later in the week. Good luck to everyone weighing in tomorrow.

ETA: I just did out a kickstart plan (great procrastination from studying!) but does anyone know if I'm doing increased exercise, would 18 points be too low?

Last edited:
Hi guys just a quick note to say I've not forgotten you all I've just been ill with flu so not been around. Will catch up on posts during the week. Hoping to be feeling well enough to get back on plan and exercise soon!

Morning ladies! Just a quick one as driving....oops! 1 pound off for me this week, so total of 13/20 overall. Hope you're all well, I'll try and catch up on posts tonight xxx

Sent from my iPhone using MiniMins

UpTheDuff - keep at the exercise, you may be toning and losing inches, dont forget to measure yourself xx

actually feel back on track today, did good workout at the gym last night, I burned 470 calories, also weighed in this morn, when I first got on it said 10st13 (STS) I got on again and it said 10.12 and a half so half a lb down !! It kept saying half a lb down, I hopped on my mams scales (obsessed much lol) and it said half a lb down so sticking with it – wow the weight is coming off slowly though! Suppose its coz im within the ‘healthy range’ for my height maybe ? I don’t mind maintaining for few weeks til after all my holidays !!

Iv got todays menu sorted now J
BF: milk + fruit salad 3vp
L: pitta, tuna, mayo + cucumber 4vp
S: apple 1vp
D: chicken stir fry with spicy sauce 6.5vp
S: ww yogurt 0.5vp
Total 15/19

Niamh and Clare well done on your losses :happy096:

The new DVDs arrived in the post this morning so can't wait to try them out and hopefully they'll work!! Not expecting much from WI tomorrow. I have my ball on Thursday which will involve drink and dinner out but from Saturday (will probably be too hungover on Fri!) I've decided to do one week kickstart and another week Wendy plan. I'm really hoping that this along with the DVDs will finally get me beyond 11st 11lbs :banghead:

Hope everyone is doing ok. It's gone very quiet on here :( Good luck to everyone weighing in tomorrow x

You are right it has gotten very quiet on here …
No news with me – oh actually I am away to London this weekend – girlie weekend, heading early Saturday and not home til late
Monday eeek cant wait for it, but really don’t wanna gain loads of weight … I know I will booze loads so my plan is to eat healthyish
While away !!? any one got any tips at all for me lol

Niamh use your judgement on the menu e.g. choose tomato sauce based dishes over creamy dishes. Avoid fast food if possible. Maybe try and save a few points between now and then. Generally I find with those type of trips away is that you walk a lot which can counteract a lot of the food damage. Most importantly enjoy your weekend :)

Jo that's great that the plan is going good. I really hope it works for you. It was such a nice day here that I wanted to go to the park but I had to study :(

I'm feeling positive about reaching goal (or at least near it) as well. I tried one of the new Davina DVDs today and I love it. While they are tough to do, I find myself wanting to do them. I've done out a plan for the next few months of combining them all so I'm feeling much more positive now.

I didn't get a chance to WI this morning so going to do it tomorrow. It's looking like another STS but I'm not too worried as I'm feeling the effects of the workouts. I also picked up my dress for the ball which I had taken in. I have to say it looks and feels great on and I've definitely come along way from when I first wore it just over a year ago.

Ang how are you getting on? You're normally my WI buddy so hope everything is ok :)

Hey Everyone.

Hope you are all well - another delay in getting on to write to you all. I feel as if all I'm doing lately is work. Its been a manic week so far and I'll be glad to see Sunday. Have done 2 double shifts this week (8am-10pm and 8am-12am) and just doing my last one tonight (12am-5pm) I'll probably be in bed by 6pm tomorrow. Lol!

I've STS since my last weigh in so not much to report really. Foodwise has been good this week considering the amount of time I've been in work and not being able to prepare anything (My mother has been great and very supportive) Other than that I don't really have much to report.
Didn't manage to reach my February goal of 6lbs :( But I got 4lb off so at least thats something.

Well done to all who STS and lost the last few days - Keep it up :D WI on Friday for me. Hope to of lost something. Deffo need to be doing more exercise, its just finding the time with all these doubles. Lol.

xx

Packed for London last night … think the thoughts of packing (I hate packing) were actually worse than the packing itself, next time I’m gonna
Just pack over the weekend and get it over and done with! I had a slight binge, now when I say binge I was planning to stick to 15points but ended
Up going over … munched on cereal, stewed apple and loads of fruit salad, obv it could have been a lot worse as I didn’t gorge on chocolate !!

I stuck points down at 19points for the day .. I think the thoughts of gaining because of my weekend away are freaking me out which is stupid!

Also TOTM due which causes me to over think everything … I need a drink LOL Hopped on scales today and thank god they said stay the same which
Has spurred me on to at least be good today and tomorrow and then take the weekend off.

Don’t want to be obsessing about ww forever, I hope when I get to goal I learn to eat healthy and stick to the plan without counting points.
Is there anyone out there at goal who doesn’t obsess / count points ??? HELP lol I need to see the light at the end of the tunnel !!

Niamh xx

Hi everyone, just a quick check in, so busy. Had a STS this week which i half expected after my last big wi and i have been a bit picky with food. On track now though!
Hope everyone is well!!

Hello my lovelies

how is everyone doing?

Niamhs, well done on your 0.5 loss hun. Hope you have a fantastic weekend in London, have fun :)

SOphie - woop woop, -2lbs, keep up the good work lovely :)

Eabha - how are you hun? I hope you feel a million dollars in your dress, you deserve it. Have an amazing ball and go and dazzle everyone :). (you've encouraged me to get Davina's DVD's). THank you for thinking of me hun. Luckily scan was this morning and all went well :). I'm geared up to do last injection tonight, then next Thursday its transfer day.

Busy - poor you. Sending hugs. Hope you're feeling much better soon

Twinny - well done on your loss lovely. How are you feeling? Sending you hugs, I know you're having a tough time at the mo hun and i'm thinking of you xxx

Jo - oooo, am glad Paul had entered your life if he's making you feel that good :). Am really pleased you're so motivated - sometimes feeling good about ourselves is all we need to have a bit of a spurt. Can't wait to find out your loss this week :)

Lisi - how are things with you. You must be shattered working all thses hours, what do you do hun?

Chaz - well done on your STS hun :)

Hello to everyone else who may be reading this. I am thinking Ang may have left us!!!! :(

afm - food wise am trying to be good. my weight is a little up and down, but overall staying about the same, I know its all hormone related though. Please forgive me for being a little infrequent with my posts for the next few weeks ladies. I am due to have embryo transfer next week and thats going to have to be my focus lovelies. I will still be around but just not sure how often until I get the results of the treatment.

Sending you all huge motivational hugs xxx

Back