Summer Clothes tips

L

Lydjenkins

Hi Everyone,

I hope this is the right place to put this...

Im attempting to find some summer clothes tips as Ive just booked a holiday to Cyprus in September. I'm currently a size 14/16 so fingers crossed will be a 12/14 by the time I am going, I also have a hour glass shape, though I have a real belly! As a matter of fact I'd say my belly and my thighs are my no-show areas!!

Im here to look for some advice on how people cover up in the sun! i've invested in some midi length skirts, that i will wear over bodysuits, i can then wear my bodysuits with my denim shorts, and though they are short I'm sure with a tan i won't mind my legs as much. The real issue is...a good strapless bra, and a good swimsuit/bikini...

I used to be a size 24, went down to a 10 (on s/w) and now I'm loosing weight again, my breasts have gone down in size too, which has meant they are not the firmest anymore and i wouldn't dream of stepping out of the house without a decent bra on giving me uplift. However on holiday I want to wear strapless dresses so I am searching for some ideas...?

Also having MAJOR bikini swimsuit issues. i really like 1950's style, with the bigger briefs and longer top, however i have some knickers in the same 1950s style, and boy, are they unflattering on me. I want to stay covered up, but stay young, I am 26 after all. I'm not overly brave about wearing a bikini but if i found the right one i would. i spotted this one, but its way above my budget 1648.jpg or 6297_1_1.jpg

Any ideas would be amazing! Im having a mini panic attack as we speak over this whole swimsuit/bikini issue, i have a large tattoo on my chest so that draws enough attention without my thighs and belly being added into the mix hahaha

Lydia xx

I would try Figleaves website for swimwear, they go up to big cup sizes and the bikini tops offer good support rather than being a couple of triangles with string!
Panache have some nice styles and the Figleaves has a sale on at the moment too x

I'm size 14 and could not bear to show my belly in bikinis not in any kinds of.. also want to hide my bottom and thighs as much as possible, so instead of going just for a normal swimming suit, I went for a one that looks like a mini swimming dress. It's very stylish, black with white details, it has like a bikini bottom fitted inside, but outside it looks like a short dress. Don't know if you'd be interested in buying something like that? :) Just google swimming dress for current styles being sold.

And what comes to strapless dresses/tops, just buy some good strapless bras!:) I have also one that has see-through strap at the back if I want to wear clothes with lower back.

Back