1. You can now easily put an SW award in your signature/posts like a smilie. Just look for the SW award tab after you tap on the smilie face.
    Dismiss Notice

summer lamb stew

Discussion in 'Slimming World Recipes' started by jaylou, 27 June 2011 Social URL.

1. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Has anyone made the Summer lamb stew from the last magazine?
    It seems like a curry rather than a stew! I have it for dinner tonight with chicken - it looks good but just wondered what the general consensus was?

I'm a novice with the recipe forums so bear with me if this is in the wrong place!!
  2. Avatar

MiniMins.com Matched Content

3. Lilyb

Lilyb Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    I LOVE this, made it about 3 times since I bought the mag. It doesn't taste like curry, the powder just gives it a nice depth. What did you think of it?
  4. wenjenn66

wenjenn66 Full Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    Slimming World
    Hi, do you have the recipe for this please?
  5. ermintrude

ermintrude Gold Member

Start Weight:
    Current Weight:
    Goal Weight:
    800g lean lamb steaks, fat removed, cut to bite size pieces
    1 large aubergine, cubed
    1 large onion, roughly chopped
    1 courgette, cubed
    2 cloves garlic, crushed
    1 inch ginger, grated
    2 tbsp curry powder
    400g tin chopped tomatoes
    1/2 pint lamb stock
    Handful each of fresh mint & parsley, chopped
    salt & pepper

Preheat oven to 190C/375F/Gas 5
    Spray a casserole dish with Fry Light, place over high heat and brown lamb all over. Remove from dish.
    Put aubergine, onion & courgette in dish and stirfry fry for 4-5min until brown & slightly soft
    Return lamb to dish, add garlic, ginger, curry powder, tomatoes & stock, bring to simmer, cover & bake in oven for 1h 30 or until tender.
    Stir in herbs & season to taste
  6. jaylou

jaylou Gold Member

Just caught up with this again!
    I found it did taste of curry, had quite a kick to it - perhaps my medium curry powder is not very medium!
    I'd make it again though, loved the aubergine and courgette in it.
  7. stressbunny

stressbunny Member

We had this on Saturday with new potatoes and cauliflower. I was a bit worried what to serve with it because of the curry powder but it was just like a gutsy casserole.
Popular Forums
  1. MiniMins.com is a weight loss support community helping each other on their weight loss journey. We have a multitude of forums, from Slimming World and Exante, to Success Stories. Click the logo at the top right to return to the forum home page at any time.