Summer picnics

bubblybooboo

Silver Member
Lots of summer picnics with the kids planned for summer so thought we could share some ideas here? I live cooking up chicken mushrooms and onions in cajun spices and having savoury rice/salad what about everyone else? X

Boiled eggs, crab sticks, sw style savoury eggs, cold lean meats, fruit salad, pasta n sauces....... Dows anyone else have any other ideas or faves? X

I love to take cous cous with roasted veg like peppers, onions, mushrooms and garlic, and potato salad, chicken drumsticks with the skin removed, gherkins, carrot sticks to dip in SW hummus etc :) x

Laura94B said:
I love to take cous cous with roasted veg like peppers, onions, mushrooms and garlic, and potato salad, chicken drumsticks with the skin removed, gherkins, carrot sticks to dip in SW hummus etc :) x

Mmmm! Love cous cous with vedge :) sw humous, not seen a recipe uet for that but will have to loom it up :) thanks hun :) x

No problem! I actually had a picnic yesterday and I took the couscous with veg, some potato salad made with some ham added, 1tbsp lighter than light mayo (1/2 syn) and 1 tbsp reduced calorie salad cream (1.5 syns), some skinless chicken thighs roasted in jerk sauce (1 syn per tbsp), salad, fruits, a sandwich made with chicken breast, 1tbsp lighter than light mayo, lettuce and HexB bread and some cheese scones which were free (found the recipe on here) :) x

Laura94B said:
No problem! I actually had a picnic yesterday and I took the couscous with veg, some potato salad made with some ham added, 1tbsp lighter than light mayo (1/2 syn) and 1 tbsp reduced calorie salad cream (1.5 syns), some skinless chicken thighs roasted in jerk sauce (1 syn per tbsp), salad, fruits, a sandwich made with chicken breast, 1tbsp lighter than light mayo, lettuce and HexB bread and some cheese scones which were free (found the recipe on here) :) x

Wow all that sounds like a mega picnic yum! Lol like the idea of adding the ham :) i have been taking rice or cous cous out with cajun chicken but was getting bored of having same thing so will def try some of tour ideas to brighten up my lunchbox lol :) x

Back