Summer's weight loss journey - one day at a time

STS this week amazingly! Ate and drank what I wanted over the weekend as I was at the seaside in Wales with my family. Walked miles though so maybe that's why. 1 more WI before I go to Gran Canaria, I know I won't be down to my original holiday goal of 11st but another couple off would be sweet

WI today, 2 days early as i'm off on my hols!! Have lost 3.7lb somehow. Really happy as im now only 4lbs away from 2st award and 1st 4lb away from target. Plan whilst on holiday is to enjoy myself but make mostly sensible choices. Won't be counting syns but I know i'll have the plan at the back of my mind as I've been on it for so long. next WI will probably be the day after I get home or may wait until the wednesday as it's my usual weigh day.

*EDIT* Just re-read this, think I was having a dozy moment!!!!! I wish I were that close to target, I have 4lb to get 2st award then a further 2st 4lb to reach my target of 9st.

Last edited:
What a loss :D well done! Gosh, so close to goal! I'm jealous :D
I'd give yourself the benefit of the doubt when you're back and do a few detox days before your Weds WI, much less painful to look at the scales then and your body has time to adjust after the flight (can cause water retention)

Hope you have a fab time on holiday :) I know what you mean about having the plan in the back of your head... I'll be doing the same when I go away next week; making good choices and not counting syns much but probably attempt to write down what I'm eating so I can keep track of what I'm doing rather than getting too naughty. x

Day 1 back on track post holiday. Been such a long day but not found it too hard to stick to the plan. Dreading WI on weds to see the post hol gain!!

Food Diary-EE

B-30g all bran choc crunch with 100ml skimmed milk (HxA&B)

Nectarine

Chicken salad with beetroot, peppers, tomatoes and salad leaves.
Apple, satsuma.
Toffee mullerlight

Banana and mini rice crispy square (4 syns)

Pasta and meatballs made from ex.lean beef mince, with pasata, peppers, mushrooms and onion.

Mini milk lolly (1.5 syns) kit kat (5.5 syns)

1L water with lemon. 1L sugar free squash. 1cup tea with splash skimmed milk. 2 cups apple tea.

11 syns total.

EE day again today

Banana and nectarine

Chicken salad. Activia 0% cherry. Satsuma. Plum.

Homemade light baby bel burger in bun (hxb&2 syns and part HxA) with salad and SW chips, tomato ketchup (1 syn)
Wine (8.5 syns)

1.2 L sugar free pop, 1l water, 1 coffee with skimmed milk and 1 fruit tea.

11.5 syns

40 min walk

Well moment of truth, after 10 days all inc on hols and 3 or 4 days of eating what I wanted before and after the damage is +4.5lb. I'm obviously not overjoyed as a gain is never good but considering how much I drank and ate I don't think it's too horrific. Here's to a loss next week!!

Today's diary

30g all bran choc crunch with skimmed milk (HXA&B)
Bannana and apple

Cottage cheese salad, with fresh pineapple. Satsuma. Strawberries and activa 0%cherry yogurt.

Nectarine and mini rice Krispy square (4 syns)

Salmon, veg, microwave jacket (1 syn)
Wine (8.5 syns)
Mini milk (1 syn)

1l water, 1 pint squash, can of coke zero, fruit tea, coffee.

15 sybs

2 weetabix with skimmed milk (HXA&B)

Nectarine

Cottage cheese salad and fresh pineapple. Apple, satsuma. 0% fat activia cherry yogurt.

Banana and kit kat (5.5 syns)

Chicken, peppers, mushrooms and onions, stir fried in fry light with fajita spices.

Mini strawberry cornetto (5 syns)

1.5 l water, 800 ml diet coke, 1 cup tea.

Total 10.5 syns

EE-

Weetabix crunchy bran 35g with 100ml skimmed milk (HXa&HXb)

Banana and apple

Chicken salad. Grapes. Peach 0%fat activia (0.5 syns)

Kit kat (5.5 syns)

Fanta chicken with mushrooms, onions, peppers, celery and boiled brown rice

Mini classic cornetto (6 syns)

Hot chocolate and mikado (3 syns)

15 syns

1.5l water, coffee, fruit tea, coke zero

EE again today. Did body combat tonight for first time in absolutely ages and it nearly killed me! Crazy cramps in my feet and calves :( no pain though eh?

35g crunchy bran with fat free rhubarb and vanilla yogurt and fresh raspberries (HXb)

curry loaf and salad. Apple, grapes, satsuma. Peach yogurt (0.5 syns)

1 cadburys rose (2.5 syns)

Skinny small cappuccino (HXa) and banana

Salmon with carrots, mange tout, baby corn and jacket potato (1 syn)

Mini cornetto (5.5 syns)

Options with marshmallow (3 syns) 2x chocolate fingers (2.5 syns)

15 syns

1.5 L water, fruit tea, 1 pint fanta zero

WI tomorrow....

Didn't get chance to post yesterday due to a killer training session at the gym resulting in sleep by 9.30!! WI showed only 0.5lb loss which isn't fab but I think star week looms and I had a bad weekend diet wise.

Today's diary

35g crunchy bran with skimmed milk

Banana and apple

Tuna salad (1 syn for extra light mayo)
Pineapple and strawberries
Crumble yogurt (0.5 syns)

Mini milk (1.5 syns) And mini strawberry tart (2 syns)

Nandos chicken (2 syns for marinade, skin removed) spicy rice (2.5) corn on cob and plain salad

9.5 syns

2L squash/water, diet coke, fruit tea, 1 coffee with skimmed milk

Hey Summer!

Well done on all the body combat and exercise :O woah! You go girl! I'm scared off at just the thought of those classes...

Scales may be slow but you'll probably notice yourself getting trim anyway- exercise tightens you up and shows in inches better than pounds anyway, no?
I usually have a cack couple of weeks around * week so hope you have a nice loss next week to make up for it. Sorry that you're feeling down about it all :( I remember having a plateau phase and feeling SO rubbish. Try and brave yourself a Red week perhaps? It is scary at first but actually I'm surprisingly enjoying them these days- I do Red most days and it has become effortless and I don't miss the carbs. I had a green day yesterday and was kinda like "Meh, I want meat, not carbs..." which is SO unlike me- I'm a pasta fiend! But yeah, if you try a Red week or maybe just a half Red week you'll probably find a really nice boost- it's what got me out of my 6 week plateau and have felt great without the bloating of carbs.
x

I'm loving the gym at the moment, made friends with a bloke at work whose really into fitness and he's been helping with encouragement.
I think red days prob would be a good plan, will give it a go. I need to post more in the diary too as I'm Not keeping paper diary anymore. I'll just keep plodding on. I do feel better in myself for all the exercise, I definitely look more toned even if the scales aren't reflective of it.

I went to give blood on Wednesday for the first time in a year after a bad experience last year. the lady was so gentle and it felt like I was doing such a good thing. Definitely going to go again in 3 months.

I've also been trying really hard with my water intake, using an app called water balance to track my fluids. Aiming for 2.5L a day.

Today I've been to box fit circuits class which was so tough, it's the most unfit I've felt in years :( motivated to carry on though.

Today's diary

B-2alpen lights and a banana

L-tuna and salad with 1 tbsp extra light mayo (0.5 syns) melon and grapes

S-danio yogurt (1.5 syns) Freddo (5 syns)

D-chilli and brown rice. Mini cornetto (6 syns)

13 syns

Cool that you are open to doing more Red and that you are noticing you are getting toned- great! I really need to start toning up, am a flabby mess at the mo.
Boxfit sounds so fun but the circuits sound deadly, I can barely do one press up or sit up :/ lol
X

I'm so annoyed with myself, every weekend I end up crumbling into temptation and the diet goes to pieces. Friday was fine which is normally my downfall with either wine, chocolate or both. Yesterday hubby and I went for an Italian but that was ok also because I saved all my syns to cover any oil in the bolognaise and didn't have bread or cheese and had one scoop of icecream for dessert. No wine as I was driving. Today though has been absolutely crap. Have eaten rubbish all day :( Going to have dinner as planned then yet again start over tomorrow.
Really need to get out of this rut but In some ways I'm in the mentality that because I'm working out so much the diet side of things can be a bit more flexible. Which is fine for maintaining but I'm never going to get to goal with that frame of mind.
Argh. Rant over!!

Aw I can imagine that really sucks :( I am lucky that I dont easily get cravings or fall off the wagon but I do find that some things make me REALLY crave sugar- especially diet fizzy drinks! One can of lilt zero and I am in the fridge all day with munchies trying to avoid my bf's naughty food cupboard. Fo you think maybe something like that is setting you off?
I know whst you mean about exercising and feeling you deserve more synful things in return :D
Well done for good choices at the itallian place! Find it sooo hard avoiding bread served at nice restaurants!
X

Back