Summer's weight loss journey - one day at a time

Thank you Carol :)

Today has been a long one at work, heres what i ate:

B- Milky coffee (hxa) and toast (hxb) with 1 tsp light spread (1 syn)

L- pineapple cottage cheese (1.5 syns) with salad. apple. mullerlight.

D- Chicken breast with salad and new potatoes.
250ml glass of dry white wine (8 syns) with diet lemonade.

10.5 syns

WI today and a STS for me which is amazing considering I only had 3 on plan days this week and the others involved meals out, chippy tea, alcohol and ice cream!!

First gym class tonight since my ankle injury, had a 520 kcal burn which is awesome.

Food all logged in mfp to stay on track, really want a 100% on plan week and hope to see the numbers moving down!

STS again this week. Have been great on the body magic front but think that the food side has been a bit slack.
Going to sit down this morning and read my foot optimising book. Back to basics with a written diary. I'm still tracking calories on mfp too because I think that will help me stay in control of my portions.

Have had a whole weekend off plan with lots of cake, sweeties and drinks as it was my close friends 30th birthday. Not hopeful for a loss this week and wouldn't even be surprised by a small gain as star week is due towards the end of the week. Still doing the body combat classes as body magic though.

Bank holiday, star week, friends birthdays are all done with. WI today puts me at 0.75 lb up, 11st 4 1/4. Reading back through my diary I realise now that my head hasn't been in the game for weeks and weeks, probably 9 or 10 weeks really. Line well and truly drawn.
Not calling this a "fresh start" because to me that ignores all of the hard work i've put in previously to lose 2 stones. I'm going to build on that to help me to be where I want and need to be which is at a healthier weight and happy. Going to continue with the body magic element of my journey but the food side of things needs a lot more work. I've always said that posting on the forum helps me to stay on track, it doesn't really matter that nobody reads my diary because I read it back sometimes and I think it's the writing in it that helps.

Here is my action plan for the next month:

1) Stop messing around with calorie counting/mfp and red days, go back to basics. 100% extra easy.

2) DRINK MORE WATER and less caffeine.

3) Get to the gym as often as possible without exhausting myself.

4) Post daily in my diary, even if it is just a quick note of what i've eaten.

So thats the plan. Will set ,myself a target of 4.5 lbs loss in 4 weeks, I think this is realistic and seeing a 10 at the start of those scales will be a huge achievement for me.

Looking at the next 4 weeks there is nothing planned which should push me off track as long as I remain focused and determined.

Will post later with what i've eaten!

Ok a promised - todays food.

B-1 slice wholemeal toast (HXb) with 1 tsp bertolli light (1 syn) and a sliced banana.

L-cottage cheese with salad. WW fruit layer yogurt (1 syn) and an apple.

S-Lotus biscuit (1.5 syns)

D-Cannelonni stuffed with extra lean beef bolognaise, topped with a tiny bit of white sauce (2 syns) cheese (HXA) and a slice of garlic bread (5 syns) served with mixed leaf and tomato salad and balsamic vinegar.

Mini bag of chocolate buttons ( 4 syns)

14.5 syns

Drinks - 2 green teas, 2 pints of sugar free vimto squash, 1 black coffee, 1 black tea (eww lol)
Body magic - 1 Hour body combat class burning 500 calories

Back today as promised. Had a crazy busy shift at work on a long day (07.30-20.00) was very glad I had prepared lunch to take and dinner for when I got home. Planning and prep always helps keep me on the straight and narrow!
Quick update then to prep for tomorrows long day.

B-1X Alpen light (1/2 HXB) Milky coffee with 150 ml skimmed milk (2/5 HXA) and a banana

S-1x Alpen light (1/2 HXB)

L- Ham and laughing cow salad (2 triangles of Extra light laughing cow = 2/5 HXA). Satsuma, nectarine. Mullerlight coconut and lime. Groovy biscuit (6 syns).

S-pink lady apple, 1 starburst sweet (1 syn)

D- McCain jacket potato (1 syn) with chilli made from extra lean beef mince, onions, tomatoes, mushrooms, celery, peppers, beans and lots of spices.
Aldi chocolate spiral (6 syns) with decaff coffee and a splash of milk (1/5 HXA)

Total 14 syns

Drinks - 2 coffees, 1 glass diet coke, 1.5L water.

Rubbish day today, got home and hubs had mates over who only just left. Knackered after work and didnt feel i could cook and eat with everyone here.

B-30g honey nut shredded wheat (hxb) with raspberries and 100ml skimmed milk. Milky coffee (part of hxa)

S-bannana

L-cottage cheese salad. Satsuma. Nectarine. Cappuchino mullerlight.

S-choc digestive (4 syns)

D-toast with light spread (7 syns) and another bannana.
Mini pack cadbury buttons (4 syns)

15 syns

2 coffees and 2 teas using 275ml skimmed milk from hxa. 1.5 litres water.

Had a lovely day today with hubby, my mom and grandma. Didnt go to the gym as planned but had an extra hour in bed.

B-grilled bacon medallions, 1 WW sausage (0.5 syn), beans, mushrooms, tomatoes and a poached egg. Small glass of OJ (2.5 syns)

S-2 alpen light bars (hxb)
Choc biscuit (4 syns)

L-bannana and half a fruit scone with jam and cream Oops! (10 syns ish) shared with mom at garden centre.

D-beef and bean stew and couscous.
Fruit salad and mullerlight.

Around 17 syns.

3 cups of Tea with milk (hxa)
3 glasses of diet coke

Quick update as am ready for bed after my long day at work.

B-2 benefit bars and milky coffee (hxb 1/2 hxa)

S - bannana

L-left over stew. Fruit salad. Mullerlight. Animal biscuits (5.5 syns)

S-milky coffee (1/2 hxa)
Groovy biscuit (6 syns)

D-SW burger and chips (no bun) with a huge salad. 3 syns for sauces.

14.5 syns.

2l water. Coffee. Diet coke

B-35g honey nut shredded wheat (hxb) with 150ml skimmed milk (1/2 hxa)

L - fresh mango and mullerlight. 60 slice of homemade sponge cake (approx 10 syns)

D- diet fanta chicken with boiled brown rice. Added lots of superfree veg, mushrooms, celery, peppers, carrot, baby corn and some fresh pineapple.

15g portion of cadbury pebbles (5 syns)

15 syns.

2 cups of tea with skimmed milk (hxa). water. Sugar free squash.

Edited to add mini twix (5 syns) and treat sized crunchie (4 syns) woops. Was overcome by choc cravings.

Last edited:
B-35g honey nut shredded wheat (hxb) with 150ml skimmed milk (1/2 hxa) L - fresh mango and mullerlight. 60 slice of homemade sponge cake (approx 10 syns) D- diet fanta chicken with boiled brown rice. Added lots of superfree veg, mushrooms, celery, peppers, carrot, baby corn and some fresh pineapple. 15g portion of cadbury pebbles (5 syns) 15 syns. 2 cups of tea with skimmed milk (hxa). water. Sugar free squash.

Hi you seem you be on the right track! I'm subbing xx

Green Day today

B-30g special k granola with danio yogurt (hxb1 and 1.5 syns) Milky coffee (1/2 hxa1)

S - apple, banana, benefit light bar (1/2 hxb2)

L - cottage cheese salad. Mullerlight.

S-milky coffee and benefit bar (1/2 of hxa1 and hxb2)

D-SW pizza (11 syns and hxa2 for cheese) with salad and potato wedges.

12.5 syns

1 litre water, 2 cans diet pop, 2 coffees

todays eats

B-None

L - (at nandos) butterfly chicken breast with spicy rice and corn (6.5 syns)

S-Milky coffee (hxa) and choc digestive (4 syns)

D- bannana on toast (hxb)
options (2 syns) 4 mikado (2 syns)

14.5 syns

1.5 litres water, 1 coffee, 2 teas, diet coke.
520 kcals burnt in body combat

B-mango danio with fresh pineapple, mango and strawberries (1.5 syns)
Mikado (0.5)
L - picky ploughman's type of lunch with ham, baby bell cheese (hxa), bread and butter(hxb and 1 syn), pickled onion, gherkin, beetroot. Grapes and apple.
S-dark choc spiral (6 syns)
D - pork loin with veg, garlic mash and a drizzle of gravy (no idea of syns for gravy/oil/butter)
Options (2 syns)

12+ syns
Dance class at gym -45 mins and 350 cals burnt

1.5 litres of water drank, tea and green tea

Super quick update as its bedtime and im on another long day tomorrow...

B- special k granola (hxb) with cherries, raspberries and 0% fat activia

S - bannana, apple

L - chicken salad (1 syn for dressing). Nectarine, cappuccino mullerlight.

S-satsuma and 1 celebration (2.5 syns)

D - pasta with EL mince meatballs, tomato, onion, mushrooms, pepper.
Tiny slice of coffee cake made by mom? 10 syns

13.5 ish syns
Hxa milk in tea/coffee
2l water

Another long day, heres my diary.

B-30g honey nut shredded wheat and 150ml skimmed milk (hxb & 1/2 hxa)

S -bannana

L - chicken salad with 1 syn dressing, mullerlight, groovy biscuit (6 syns)

S - apple and satsuma

D- salmon, stir fry veg and noodles with soy sauce and sweet chilli sauce (1.5 syns)

Mini gingerbread men (6 syns) decaf milky coffee (1/2 hxa)

14.5 syns
1.5 l water

Back