• Upgrades have been completed! Including conversations, 😁😎🏀⚾⚽ Emojis and more.. Read more

Sundar tinned bombay potato - warning!!

I love the sundar chickpea dahl which is free... anyway, was looking in Morrisons and picked up a can of the bombay potato instead, got home and checked the syns, thinking it would be pretty much free... how wrong I was

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sundar Bombay Potato, canned 400g can[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
8½ Syns on Extra Easy
Original 11½ Syns
Green 8½ Syn
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

Get Rid of this ad and join in on the conversation for free today! Tap here!

Twizzle

S: 9st9lb C: 8st4lb G: 8st3lb BMI: 22.7 Loss: 1st5lb(14.07%)
ouch but not so bad if you shared it with a couple of people :)

No.. it's still in the cupboard, just wanted to highlight how guessing doesn't work, I just assumed it would be same as chickpea dahl but potatoes in it instead.

I eat a whole tin of chickpea dahl and rice too... I must be a greedy bum x

Circes

Strutting her stuff
S: 17st12lb C: 10st7lb BMI: 22.3 Loss: 7st5lb(41.2%)
BUt if you looked at the ingredients it would probably have been obvious that it was not syn free - it pays to look a bit closer at the packaging

Not really circles no...I'll put you to the test, ingredients are listed below - which one is 7.5 syns a tin and which is free....

Tin 1: XXXXX, water, veg oil, tom puree, curry powder, onions, salt, ginger, garlic, sugar, coriander, maize starch, lemon juice, fenugreek leaves, black mustard seeds

Tin 2: water, XXXXX, lentils, onions, tom puree, veg oil, maize starch, salt, sugar, tumeric, cumin, caraway seeds, fenugreek, coriander, chilli powder, black mustard seeds.

Both have veg oil, tin 1 has less kcals, tin 2 has more fat....

Still obvious????

Maximus

Gold Member
S: 17st7lb C: 10st10lb G: 10st5lb BMI: 24.2 Loss: 6st11lb(38.78%)
Hi Louise

Circes may have meant the food values i.e. weights, fats, protein etc.

Have you not considered making your own Bombay Potatoes as they're in the SW Curry book?:)