Sundar tinned bombay potato - warning!!

Louise24

Gold Member
I love the sundar chickpea dahl which is free... anyway, was looking in Morrisons and picked up a can of the bombay potato instead, got home and checked the syns, thinking it would be pretty much free... how wrong I was

[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]Sundar Bombay Potato, canned 400g can[/FONT][/FONT][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif][FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[/FONT]
[/FONT]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
[FONT=Arial, Helvetica, sans-serif]
extraeasy.gif
8½ Syns on Extra Easy
red.gif
Original 11½ Syns
green.gif
Green 8½ Syn
[/FONT]
[/FONT]​

ouch but not so bad if you shared it with a couple of people :)

No.. it's still in the cupboard, just wanted to highlight how guessing doesn't work, I just assumed it would be same as chickpea dahl but potatoes in it instead.

I eat a whole tin of chickpea dahl and rice too... I must be a greedy bum x

BUt if you looked at the ingredients it would probably have been obvious that it was not syn free - it pays to look a bit closer at the packaging

Not really circles no...I'll put you to the test, ingredients are listed below - which one is 7.5 syns a tin and which is free....

Tin 1: XXXXX, water, veg oil, tom puree, curry powder, onions, salt, ginger, garlic, sugar, coriander, maize starch, lemon juice, fenugreek leaves, black mustard seeds

Tin 2: water, XXXXX, lentils, onions, tom puree, veg oil, maize starch, salt, sugar, tumeric, cumin, caraway seeds, fenugreek, coriander, chilli powder, black mustard seeds.

Both have veg oil, tin 1 has less kcals, tin 2 has more fat....

Still obvious????

Hi Louise

Circes may have meant the food values i.e. weights, fats, protein etc.

Have you not considered making your own Bombay Potatoes as they're in the SW Curry book?:)

Back