Sunday Dinner

Hi guys. Hope you're all well. :)

Can you please tell me the SW way to enjoy a sunday dinner? I was thinking quorn sausages, boiled potatos, lots of veg but wasn't sure whether to use stock or gravy or how many syns they both are? Also if someone could tell me how many syns in mint sauce please?

Thanking you! x

Bovril and oxo cubes are free food on SW now, but if you use cornflour to thicken your gravy that must be synned - 1 level teaspoon 1 syn....

Mint sauce is free...but Mint jelly is synned (not sure of the syns though, sorry)

Hiya, we're having chicken breast, boiled potatoes, mix bag of cauliflower, broccoli and carrots (from morrisons) 142ml gravy (2 1/2 syns) and 1 yorkshire pud (3 1/2 syns)

I'm on the EE plan :)

Oh brilliant! That sounds yummy! :D My boyfriend is veggie though so we have sausages, he usually makes them in a huge yorkshire pud lol so I'll give that a miss but good to know i can have everything else, thanks so much x

I did a red day last Sunday and had the whole works- I cooked a chicken (removed the skin once cooked and gave to the dog!) and served with 198g baby roasted potatoes, roasted veg, cauliflower cheese (using milk and cheese HEX's), pigs in blankets (made from free chipolatas wrapped in bacon) and synned for gravy and a yorkshire pudding. It was lovely and you wouldn't believe that most of it was free.

Oh goddess!?!?

Oxo cubes are zero? really? My book says 1.5 syns each. they're free???

*sorry that sounds crazy but I used to love having a cup of veg oxo with my lunch but stopped because of the syns*

Most stocks are now free, they changed a few months back. You can check on the website and I'm sure there was a post about them on here too.

I did a red day last Sunday and had the whole works- I cooked a chicken (removed the skin once cooked and gave to the dog!) and served with 198g baby roasted potatoes, roasted veg, cauliflower cheese (using milk and cheese HEX's), pigs in blankets (made from free chipolatas wrapped in bacon) and synned for gravy and a yorkshire pudding. It was lovely and you wouldn't believe that most of it was free.

Sounds lush. I'm new to this diet & can't quite believe it sometimes, I'm eating more than i did before, how is that possible???

Yay.

*squeees excitedly and does a happy dance*

Everything will taste so much better with an oxo in the mix. Woooooohooooooo!!

*yeah I know i'm a bit sad. LOL. ;)

im having an extra easy day and we are having roast gammon joint, dry roasted spuds, cabbage, carrots, stringy beans, gravy and yorkshires (synned )

if you stick it out and continually spray your roasties with fry light, they'r gorgeous! and just like the real thing, after a few attempts you can really get them crispy. my mum does them amazingly bless her lol.. lots of veg and chicken with skin removed.. and i make my gravey with bisto granuals.. 1 syn per tablespoon, .. Yum! Just like the real thing with some no added suger mint sauce :D x

Oh just to clarify, the yorkshire pud I had was medium sized, they're different syn values depending on how big or small they are. But if you go onto 'syns online' on the slimming world webpage they're listed there.

I stick to green all week and look forward to Sunday when I have meat.

Today it was roast gammon about the size of my palm, s/w roast spuds, cabbage, peas, cauliflower and broccli. Followed by a mullerlite

i'm making dr pepper chicken today with a pileof carrot and swede mash, but you can make any roast meat, lots of veggies, frylight roasties and syn your gravy.

Make sure you buy sugar free mint sauce, I think Fern mentioned it. If you sauce has sugar in you must syn it.

I'm having pork loin steak (fat has already been trimmed off), with mashed potatoes, dry roast new potatoes, broccoli, carrots, cauliflower, and sweetcorn and peas. And also a bottle of Rose wine, I've been saving syns all week to have it.

*Star week is due and I'm hungry constantly (does anyone else have that problem?), I think it's better to fill up on free food than reach for the packet of Chips Ahoy cookies in the back of the cupboard.

Last edited:
I'm eating my way to the bottom of the freezer! (It needs doing out so I'm trying not to buy anything) So I'm making the turkey and prawn paella from the EE cookbook, only I'm using chicken as it was what I had.

Back