SUNDAY Hour x Hour

Evening everyone,
Had a brilliant weekend, cooked my 5 guests and hubby a cracking dinner last night and didn't touch a bit :D Had an extremely funny evening doing karoake in our living room!! Went to my car meet, even though it was persisting with rain (!) we had 16 cars turn up which is very good... didn't get alot of sleep last night so knackered! but happy :D
Hope everyone is ok, those that are struggling, I'm sending you lots of good vibes to help you through :)

Well looking forward to the Dancing on Ice Final tonight, so that will keep me quiet.

I just watched the second half of the film "Blood Diamond" with LeonardoDiCapprio. I fell asleep last night watching it. Fantastic but heartwrenching film. I had NO idea what went on in Sierra Leone. Absolutely disgraceful.

I don't think I will ever buy another diamond. I can only take comfort in knowing the diamond in my wedding ring is a family diamond and belonged to my grandmother so it is nearly 100 years old. It shouldn't have any blood on it.

What an eye opener. Absolutely horrific things happen to men women and children so that the western world can have its diamonds.

I reccomend the film - but be prepared - it is quite difficult to watch - particulary the first 15 or 20 minutes. :cry:

Leo doesn't do too bad a SA accent either.

Diamonds are marked now so you can tell if they are blood diamonds or not. Just shows you the greed of the western world, no one gave a monkey's about what was happening in Afrika.

Leo doesn't do too bad a SA accent either.

Diamonds are marked now so you can tell if they are blood diamonds or not. Just shows you the greed of the western world, no one gave a monkey's about what was happening in Afrika.

Tange, it broke my heart. It really did. I am feeling quite despondant at the moment. I had NO idea about Sierra Leone. The ending credits did say what you said, and said it is at peace there now. I hope that is true. But what went on - well - there are just no words.

There are many atrocities in this world, but this - taking and turning children into murderous rebels just to get diamonds....well, its just disgusting.

Why was that not made more publicly aware??? It's one of the worst things I have ever seen. :(

I really do hope it is peaceful there now. But at what cost. <sigh> Man'd inhumanity to man. Rears its ugly head far too many times over far too many things.

Cheers hon.

X

BL, I may have to watch that at some point, my friend has just come back from Goa with a beautiful diamnod choker, but now I'm wondering if the diamonds were mined properly....

Do watch it - its an excellant film. But it takes it outta ya. I feel worn out from it!

If I should ever buy a diamond, I will make DAMN sure its not a conflict diamond.

I really just had no idea that went on. None whatsoever...came as quite a shock to me.

Made me wonder - why do we not see diamond protests, same as we see fur protests?? Does not seem to be enough public light in the matter, even thought it is better today....surely there are still troubles?

Angola was just as bad, civil war was all about diamonds. And you would be quite suprised to find out which countries where supplying the weapons in exchange for stones.

Blonde wouldn't it be awesome if we could change the world. It has become and ungly place.

Yes it is. Hey we are getting very Sunday night blues here.
I will count my blessings and be grateful instead
for the lovely friends I have on this site.
and for my health.
and for my shrinking body that is doing so well.

I am just waiting for Dancing on Ice Results how sad is that.

Did anyone see our Hamilton win the F1 today? What a lad that is.

:party0019::party0019:Woooo hooooooooo

Suzanne Shaw won I am so happy for her whoppeeeeeee.

What am I gonna do next Sunday?:eek:

I am just waiting for Dancing on Ice Results how sad is that.

Did anyone see our Hamilton win the F1 today? What a lad that is.

I watched it, wasn't he just great. Good on him hope he wins the championship this year. And I really like his team mate too, they seem to get on well.

Have to agree its great he seems to have a good team mate this year, I thought he handled everything admirably last year with all the trash that was thrown at him.

Will be keeping my fingers crossed, convinced he has defo go the talent just needs a bit of luck too.

Hamilton was amazing - a fantastic win.

I did enjoy Dancing on Ice tonight but got to say I wish Chris had won.

Does anyone watch the Moto GP? James Toseland came 6th last week in the first race of the season - he rode brilliantly.

Back