Sunshine's Trip To Pre Baby Weight (start Thurs 13th oct, p 91)

not sure about the trying to conceive and cd hun. I know that cd has all the nutriants but i am guessing it is not the best thing to be on if you are trying. Fish and Veg is a good option and very low in calories x

Hi sunshine and mini hope you both are well? mini how's 810 treating you??
Sunshine are you on 1200 plan now?? or still deciding what to do.x

Hey Sunshine

have been away for a bit but just caught up on your thread and saw you wanted to know about cd and ttc.
I remember investigating it for my friend and this is what the guidelines are :-

'CD Pregnancy Guidelines

If you have a client that becomes pregnant, the client may wish to continue on the diet as they have become established and enjoy the programme. At this stage you will need to explain to your client that she is now 'two' and that the programme is now unsuitable, as as per CHWP's medical guidelines, pregnancy is contraindicated. However, if your client wishes to take 1 product per day as a nutritional aid then this would be suitable....however, you need to follow the guidelines below: -

1. A new MRF will need to be signed by a Dr with "1 cambridge product a day for nutrition' written clearly across it. If the Dr does not sign the MRF, no product can be supplied.

2. Only supply the client with 7 products for the week (totalling 1 per day) and see the client weekly. We do not want the client to do sole source and there would be a risk of this happening if more product was supplied.

3. After they have had their baby, please remember that lactating women are also contraindicated and so should not use any programmes until the baby has its source of nutrition via other means. We would also recommend that a higher programme is used when appropriate to allow the client to settle into motherhood, ie Sole Source and new baby = very hard work!!

If the client wishes to have 3 products a day, you will need to advise her that we deem this unsuitable and that you are only able to supply her with enough product for one a day on a weekly basis, and only if the GP is in agreement.

"During pregnancy and lactation, the body requirements for protein, minerals and vitamins is increased. Moreover, any interference with the normal way of life is considered undesirable. Dieting during pregnancy is therefore contraindicated. The Cambridge diet can, however, be used as a nutritional supplement"

The waiting period if not breastfeeding is 3 months before re starting any CD programme. '

I would think it is the same for ttc aswell, but I know that people do get pregnant on it as we know from here - am sure you will make the right decision for you

cant wait until we have news of baby sunshine
xxxx

Just a quick post to say hi to everyone. Unfortunatly I tried posting before and I wasn't able to. The site kept chucking me off so I'll use this as a test.

Hope you're all doing well. Thanks to Jess for your pm. Again I tried replying and it wouldn't let me.

If this works I'll come on later, have a proper read and catch up with you all.

Lots of love xxx

Just a quick post to say hi to everyone. Unfortunatly I tried posting before and I wasn't able to. The site kept chucking me off so I'll use this as a test.

Hope you're all doing well. Thanks to Jess for your pm. Again I tried replying and it wouldn't let me.

If this works I'll come on later, have a proper read and catch up with you all.

Lots of love xxx

Yep I'm still being thrown off and have to keep logging in.

Alexmumny I love your wedding pic. You look lovely.
Shanny. Hope you're doing well hun.
Jess and Julie. Lots of love to you both
Watergirl. Again a big hi and lots of love
Greeneyes, curly, Katycakes and so many more here.

I've not been on cd. Just exercising and doing my best to eat well. Not on a diet right now. You'll know when I an lol. Bern busy but I'm still a very happy bunny. Loving married life. Life is good right now. Catch up with you all soon xxx

Hey chick! Lovely to hear from you :) Glad married life is treating you well. You sound very very happy. xxx

Good to see you on here Sunshine..... glad your life is going great at the moment.

Strange that last year there were loads of us here and now there are hardly anyone....

I know it's weird isn't it. We should have one single thread where all of us that are still on, or used to be really active, can pop in and update.

Hey Sunshine, great to hear you are enjoying married life! good to hear from you.
x

Hey Sunshine, congrats on your wonderful marriage, sorry I haven't kept up more often, but I was waay off plan with CD since January.

Greeneyes, I do agree there's less activity and less "old timers" but that's good right? means people got to goal and moved on.... really hope to be one of them soon

Well enlightenme2, it would be good except most of the people on here were struggling to get back to goal after reaching it, or not yet reaching it, so I am worried they have all left and put their weight back on due to lack of support on here.

I understand what you mean Linda, but it's very hard to hear right now as I'm almost at the end and am struggling too. I also have a little niggling feeling saying "you'll be back as you won't be able to stay in control..." - so you're basically confirming my fears, but SOME people make it out of this trap right??

Yep, loads of people do, I am back, I reached goal last year.... I haven't put it all back on... just a word of advice, do not let your guard down, do not think it is only a few lbs it wont matter because once you get used to those few lbs, then you think the same about the next few lbs...... treat yourself once a week if you fancy a takeaway, but dont have a blow out as you really dont need it.... and keep a close eye on the scales.... I loved being thin, I dont want to be this size (although I am only a 14, I was a size 8 to 10) I want to get back there and I am so not going back to putting on the weight again once I get there. KD on this forum, she has maintained for years, so has ice moose..... but this thread was not for people at goal but for people on 1000 or higher and a lot of them didn't actually make it to goal... you can do.......

Really glad you are happy Sunshine :) Any baby news yet?
xx

I'm still about - dipping in and out of CD .. atho been feeling really ill lately and think its time to start eating properly. Am on 1000 at the mo ..
Good luck everyone x x

Big hello sunshine x x

Hi girls. Nice to see my thread Having some life while I'm not here. Yay lol.

I loved this section. It was never as busy as the other parts of cd but there were a good few of us about.
I hope everyone is doing well.

Yeah I haven't stopped cd and gone off the rails ......... I've got myself pregnant :) so happy. Only 9 weeks today so another 3 and after my scan I'll be shouting it from the roof tops. ( not quite ) I'm sick as a dog and exhausted. I eat whatever I can. Funnily enough not wanting chocolate at all which is unheard of for me haha.

My aim was to keep exercising but it's a struggle just getting through work. I'm either working or sleeping lol. They say second trimester is when you can get yourself self on track and eat healthy. Here's hoping. Not sure if it'll be Cambridge or the new Weightwatchers for me next summer. I bet Cambridge.

Awwww u miss you all. I'm on a pregnant forum but nothing compares to my friends here.

Lots of love xxx

hurrah! congrats and fingers crossed all goes well! happiness abounds, what a lovely message to read thsi cold miserable sunday morning.

Wow, that is brilliant news Sunshine..... huge congrats xxxx

I did wonder Sunshine ;)

Huge congratulations for you. What a year !!xx

:) thanks girls. It has been a huge year for me.

Alexmumny you look beautiful in your wedding pics. Yay. Xxx

Ps think I might join the pregnancy section on Mini's to pop into now and then. The atmosphere here is so much nicer than other forums I've seen.

Hope everyone is getting on well with their diets.

Lots of love xxx

Back