Super Free Food.

Hayleyj123

Wannabe Loser
I have been doing slimming world now since October and have started to get bored of the types of meals I am having... snacks etc. Also, being on a budget means I can't always have a cupboard full of everything I need so tend to stick to the same thing every week. Plus I am not the worlds best cook :p

After looking through my new handbook I decided that every week, I am going to pick a different super speed or speed food to add to my weekly shopping list. That way, I am not spending too much and I am not having the same thing, week in week out. Next week is going to either be raspberries or melon.

Raspberries are really expensive at the moment so you might want to get frozen ones. The frozen fruits are usually cheaper so if you're on a tight budget (who isn't!) they are worth investigating.

it's good to try and include new foods to your diet as it keeps things fresh and stops you getting bored. You could also challenge yourself to try a new recipe every week using the ingredients you already have. Cooking is such an important basic life skill.

I definately will. I am currently caught in a trap where I cook and eat the same things because they are familiar and I don't have to think too hard. Decided to make a roasted tomato and pepper soup for lunch and then chicken and mushroom risotto for tea :) Not done either before.

I usually just make SW chips with everything!

Back