Super Free Food...

Diamondintherough

Curious.... What is your favourite super free food and how do you eat it?

I love strawberries, raspberries, kiwis and melon with a muller light vanilla or fat free activil vanilla yogurt.... But I think I have eaten it so often I have got bored of it!

I love a nice fruit salad (made of whatever I happen to have in but often includes some combination of raspberries, strawberries blueberries, kiwi, melon, grapes, pineapple, mango and pomegranate seeds - not all at once lol) topped with a dollop of Total 0 for breakfast.

Hi Snozberry...just looking at your stats, you have done incredibly well with you weight loss. I joined SW two days after you. Have you ever had a gain?

For fruit it depends on the time of year - strawberries and raspberries in the summer, clementines in the winter. Bananas and melon all year round
Veggies that I can't do without - onion, tomatoes, mushrooms, courgette, peppers, spinach, leek, passata, babycorn, sugar snap peas, garlic

Frozen blueberries/sour cherries on greek yoghurt

Snack hexb nuts & frozen berries lushness

Eat like crisps at work the following - baby plum tomatoes carrots & romaine lettuce. So filling and dosent need any dressing

With a meal -- tangerines/ cucumber slices/lettuce to dip in soup

I adore citrus so mostly tangerines grapefruit and frozen berries all year round. Rare I eat a traditional salad!

Weekly I do soup in slow cooker. . Easy way to get Superfree down you. Delicious too!

Sent from my GT-I9300 using MiniMins.com mobile app

I love the versatility of butternut squash. I also rely heavily on tomatoes (in any form) mushrooms, onions and garlic, cauliflower, broccoli, green beans, carrots and pickled veg like gherkins and onions. I try to try new things every so often but they are my go to superfree veg.

I only eat fruit for breakfast, commonly mango, pineapple, grapes, raspberries and melon topped with some 0% natural yoghurt. It feels odd to have anything else now. I generally don't have fruit the throughout the day except for maybe an apple for a snack but that's mainly because I am no longer a big snack fiend and I judge my breakfast to be so fruit heavy that to have more during the day may actually be too much (I know you technically can't have too much but its a big breakfast bowl!!) so after breakfast my superfree is veg heavy and I think that that has helped my losses personally.

Grapes with fat free fromage frais. I have this for breakfast most days and could happily eat it forever. For veg, I would find it very hard to live without onions, tomatoes or peppers.

I love a nice fruit salad (made of whatever I happen to have in but often includes some combination of raspberries, strawberries blueberries, kiwi, melon, grapes, pineapple, mango and pomegranate seeds - not all at once lol) topped with a dollop of Total 0 for breakfast.

I love fruit salad too, made with whatever fruit I happen to have, but for me it comes alive with the addition of passion fruit. I make a big one to keep in the fridge and scoff huge bowls every day till it's gone. I also love those long red peppers. And for their versatility - carrots and onions - they can be added to just about every meal, either as recognisable pieces or grated/ finely chopped into sauces. Whenever a meal or recipe feels like it is lacking in the required superfree I add carrots and/or onions.

Fruit wise i will only eat strawberries and grapes. Even then its only in the summer months. I mix the strawberries with a mullerlight.
For veg, I eat most things. Have fallen in love with vegetables since joining SW. My favourite is sprouts. Never used to eat them, now I cant get enough of them.
My ultimate fave is Beetroot. I cant stand salad but beetroot is a must for me. Could quite easily pile the plate with just Beetroot and be happy. Normally eat it with jacket potato, tuna and cheese. Hungry now :)

I have to eat mango every day- love it. Also love grapes and bananas. I couldn't live without red onion, mushrooms, cauliflower or rocket either.

Frozen grapes are good

Fave superfree tho is definitely roast carrot and onions (alongside other veg) with dinner- nom nom :)

Joined Slimming world 8-04-14
Start weight 14st3.5
Goal weight 11st 3

Im not a huge fruit fan but I like apples (only red) bananas and satsumas. I love carrots and always have 2 bags in the freezer just in case. Just in case of what I do not know lol. I always add tons to my meals. Im getting into broccoli now and cabbage (have to add soy sauce and garlic to the cabbage to make it edible though!)

I need something to snack on when I am at work as I get really bored and head for crisps

Sent from my iPad using MiniMins

Mango and papaya with a squeeze of lime juice is my current favourite. And watermelon.

Salad - always romaine or little gem lettuce, with peppers, celery, rocket, sometimes tomatoes (but I am right off tomatoes just now), fennel.

Fruit wise I love frozen bananas (like an ice cream texture!) strawberries, apples and have these on a daily basis. Strawberries the least often as a punnet only lasts me two sittings! So I run out quickly lol

veg wise I love mushrooms, have salad on the side of most meals, tinned plum tomatoes are good, I love pickled beetroot and gherkins, and as 'proper' veg I love carrot, broccoli, sprouts and swede!

Just made a lovely soup tonight for my work lunches for the week, was a butter nut squash, a sweet potato, 2 red peppers and 2 chicken stock cubes all boiled up then blended. Had a taste and it's fab!

I love everything really, but these are the things I eat on a daily basis.

Fruit wise, my favourites at the minute seem to be strawberries, raspberries and blueberries. I have them for breakfast most mornings, usually with yogurt and maybe my HExB muesli too.

Veg / salad wise I love a combination of peppers, mushrooms, red onion and cherry tomatoes roasted in the oven with a little garlic and chilli. It is so tasty!!

I have just made a SW quiche with a my fav veg (peppers) came out really well, and will enjoy with a mixed salad, adore rocket.

Forgot to add with moving in with my boyfriend recently, I'm finding the bags of ready prepared salad, like the ones with lambs lettuce and rocket really handy! Chris doesn't really like salad apart from red onion so the bags are a staple for me, they are about £1 and I get about 4 meals out of it!

Back