Super speed foods?

sophie_mk

Has anyone ever tested the super speed food theory? If it will make a real difference I may be tempted to put a weekly menu together to give me a boost.

xxxxxxx

I had a week where i ate a lot of melon and lost 3lbs but the following week i only lost 1.5lbs so now i try to vary my superspeed foods everyday. I'm not losing a lot everyweek because i'm finding it hard to drink a lot of water and i'm not doing any exercise x

There is a lady in our meeting that eats around 10-12 speed/super speed foods each day and she pretty much loses around 2-3lb a week. Our consultant has set us a little challenge each week to see if anyone else can eat that many and to see what their weight loss is.

One lady last week did it and lost 5lb after staying the same and having a slight gain!

I've been averaging about 8 speed/super speed a day so far this week (although most of mine are S and not SS). We'll see what happens at at weigh in on Tues!

I have had decent losses (2-3Ib) on weeks where i have 'leaned towards' the speed foods- I've never actually conciously tried to eat all speed foods etc.

Thank you. I think I will try and devise a 7 day meal planner and cram it with SS foods!!! The boyfriend has just booked Euro Disney for 7th Jan and I am determined to get a stone off before then!! xxxx

Im doing a super speed challange this week and made the Super Speed Soup from the recipe on this forum.....it is GORGEOUS! Was expecting to have to force it down a bit but it is truly lovely......will see if it works!

ooooh...i have had the super speed soup as well this week :) when i was makin it i was thinkin errgghhh!! guna have to force this down but then i was really suprised when i tasted it , it is sooooo yummy !!! i have also had strawberries and melon this week as i am determind to get 3.5lb off by Monday to get my 3 stone sticky.....

I will let u know if it has made a difference xx

I set myself s/ss challenged every so often. It does help for a week at a time, and helps me focus on my eating in general. After almost 3 years on plan it's refreshing to know I can boost things from time to time.

I'm trying to do a s/ss week this week - with a fishy week too! The complexity is keeping me interested at least!! Hoping for a loss of 2-3lbs this week. :)

On previous SW attempts, if I wanted a weight loss boost I always ate 1-2 melons that week, and it worked EVERY time!! I've never forgotten the fact that I was on week 12, ate 2 melons that week, and had a 7lb loss....I was gob smacked that I had such a high weight loss 12 weeks in!!

I've only just started SW again (3rd time lucky), but will definitely do my "melon boost" if and when I hit a llb loss slow down.

Paula
-x-

I did a superspeed wk last wk(2 x ss and no less than 5 s per day) and lost 3.5 lb, hammered the beans and frozen summer berries lol wasn't hard i love love love them! forgot about melon though so gonna get 2 when i go shopping tomoz!

On previous SW attempts, if I wanted a weight loss boost I always ate 1-2 melons that week, and it worked EVERY time!! I've never forgotten the fact that I was on week 12, ate 2 melons that week, and had a 7lb loss....I was gob smacked that I had such a high weight loss 12 weeks in!!

I've only just started SW again (3rd time lucky), but will definitely do my "melon boost" if and when I hit a llb loss slow down.

Paula
-x-

Stupid question I know, but did you just chop them up and eat them throughout the week, or did you have 1/2 a day?

well i've bought 2 big melons - 2 for £3 at morrisons.......lets see if that stops the lbs coming on after my flexi syn day Sat for xmas do!

Well after all that soup i managed a 1.5lb loss this week , which for me is great as i have only had maintains or 0.5lb losses for afew weeks now :) AND i weighed in a day early this week and i also was on different scales AND it was at night when i usually get weighed in the morning so i think it could of been a 2lb loss xxx

Got some more on the hob as we speak haha

Super speed DEFO worked wonders for me :)

I love melon for weightloss, and strawberries when they're in season. I find the more fish I eat the more I lose too.

I lost 4lb this week after trying really hard to eat a lot of speed/super speed foods! Really happy! Might buy some melon this week to add to my fruit collection!

Super SPEED and SPEED foods have always confused me - i get them mixed up with super FREE. I always seem to focus on the ones that are both super FREE & super SPEED foods - which seem to be pretty much fruit only - strawberries, raspberries and melon being the most readily available.

However, now that strawberries and raspberries are getting out of season, and melons seem quite expensive (2 for £3 deals excepted, but i just cant eat that much before they go off!) - i've had to find alternatives.

Frozen fruit is a god send and so cheap - I'm currently living off Tesco value frozen fruit salad (99p) when that's finished I'm moving onto Tesco's discount brands frozen mixed berries (£1.29)

But what I really need to remember is that there are red and green superspeeds - and as I'm on EE both count!

What I need to do is go back to the books and list all the superspeed foods in one list (green, original and superfree) so I can really focus on them - had a few 1/2 pound and STS weeks recently so feel I really need a kick start

hi im newbie!!! sts this week at sw but have 17 pound off in ten weeks really need help this week im losing heart!!!!!!! is soup best for lunch and salad for tea??

One stone 3 pounds in just ten short weeks and you're losing heart?! OMG!

Back