Superfree chips!!!

I had celeriac chips for tea the other night & they were really nice, I'll definately be having them again, who needs potatoes:rolleyes:

Does it taste of celery at all? I have always stayed away from it because i *detest* celery.

Out of interest - as your talking about all these ingredients I would say this is the best meal to make. I have made it loads of times, miss out the oil, butter and flour (but still use the wine as it isnt much when split between all the servings. It is gorgeous. jools’s favourite beef stew | Jamie Oliver Recipes (UK)

I think celeriac could be more of a winter veg which is why people are struggling.

Does it taste of celery at all? I have always stayed away from it because i *detest* celery.
]

It sort of has a very, very vague background 'hint' of 'celeriness', kind of in the back of your nose, but I couldn't taste it once they were cooked and spiced. It does stink of it when you are chopping it up raw though!

I detest celery raw and I can only eat it cooked if it is a really small amount and very, very finely chopped so I cant tell its there. Give it a try, you might like it or you might not. The swede worked great too though, Im making swede chips tonight to go with my spicy chicken! :)

i will try it then but might get the hubby to prepare it. I am the same, I cant stand the stuff but if its cooked properly (ie all the flavour of celery gone and took over by the taste of a stew am ok).

I know by saying this is going to sound like I am anti veg but actually i love all veg except celery, swede/ turnip and beetroot so def not trying the swede ones.

A ha ha so no celeriac OR swede, bummer :) I hate courgettes, aubergines, celery. But I do love veggies in general! :p

Ooh, I had a go with turnip the other day! I might have overdone it a bit but I found the skin quite tough :( I think it'd be better peeled, but I dont think it was something Id try again. Turnip should stay in stew! :)

I got 2 more celeriac this week but theyre tiny! :( Barely enough to feed a hamster between them :( But Ill make chippy chips with them tomorrow with my chicken I think :)

do you think a veg hate could manage to eat them? usually even the faintest hint of veg will make me gag but if i cover them in ketchup/gravy would they taste like normal chips? if i actually like these i might actually be able to do red days!

do you think a veg hate could manage to eat them? usually even the faintest hint of veg will make me gag but if i cover them in ketchup/gravy would they taste like normal chips? if i actually like these i might actually be able to do red days!

You don't know til you try! :) Worth a go! Celeriac or swede I've found best for superfree chips.

I'm having swede ones tonight with some harrissa chicken. Im going on holiday Saturday so need to use my veggies up so I'm pondering whether to go chiptastic and have celeriac ones too!

I have 3 swedes, 2 celeriacs, 2 kilos of carrots, 5 peppers, a pack of broccoli, 2 lettuces, 2 cucumbers, a giant box of tomatoes and half a bag of radishes to use up. Oh and two packs each of snap peas and baby sweetcorn. And some sweet potatoes. Mm.

Anyone hungry? :eek:

I had a mix of plain sweet potato and celeriac ones Erm. They were gorgeous. I would say the celeriac ones are similar to parsnip. Not the same but similar

Thank you so much for the idea Erm

I have a) tried a new veg :)

b) enjoyed it

c) can have chips on a red day in future :8855:

I think you may get making some soup or stew type dish for the freezer with all that veg ermintrude!

Either that or invite a few friends or 20 round for dinner ;)

The celeriac chips didnt really do it for me in afraid, but it was a change and good to try something different. I was feeling a bit off when i had them though so that might just be why

Back