Superfree chips!!!

Yes OH did them tonight in the actifry he used 2 teasooons of oil as he forgot about the frylight.
He also didn't parboil them and just cut them and put them straight in.
They tasted much better then oven roasted.

Attachments

• ForumRunner_20110912_212110.jpg
    ForumRunner_20110912_212110.jpg
    51.4 KB · Views: 190
ermintrude said:
I don't actually peel it but I gently slice off the bits that are hairy and the really wrinkled bits of the really wrinkled side. In the past Ive found the hairy bits gross (of other veggies, not celeriac) so I havent left them on. You may be OK with the wrinkly stuff but I havent risked it so far.

Sounds yummy haha :D

Sent from my HTC Wildfire using MiniMins

Made these today for OH to try ( he is awkward with his veg) he loves the potato chips and kinda pulled a face when I put the celeriac ones in front of him...turned to look at the tv at the news minutes later looked back and most of the bowl had disappeared. The ones I did get to eat were gorgeous! I sprinkled them with garlic and smoked paprika Thanks Erm's you are amazing! xxx

These sound amazing must go shopping tomorrow. Thanks for the idea, I love this site. So much inspiration.

Made these last night - just with salt and pepper, and they were fab! Will make more next time though - bought a bag from Sainsburys already cut into chip shapes - looked like loads, but they shrunk a lot whilst cooking!

Really enjoyed them though, so will be having these instead of normal SW chips quite often!!

sounds yummy! ive had carrots in actifry as chip alternative but remains to hard

never tryed celeriac, so this be a good way to try a new veg .. chips nom nom

Just reporting back. These are delicious! I parboiled them as advised for 2 minutes & then covered in spices and frylight. In fact I chopped & parboiled the whole celeriac and am going to try freezing the wedges.

Can i ask if freezing the parboiled celeriac worked? for a superfree style oven chip/wedge? lol
dying to know as ill prep some this weekend to freeze if they turn out ok :)

May be brave and try celeriac and swede for these next week as I'm tired of using my second HexB on Wedges when I do red day (which is most of the time) I know I could do EE but struggle to eat enough superfree for that! This would help on that front too if I like them... a bit wary of celeriac though as celery is some of the worst tasting food I've ever had haha!

I have this every time now, dont do potato any more :)

I adore potato wedges so I think it'll hard for me to move on from that haha. Especially as I'm a bit of a fusspot when it comes to veg. I'm nipping out soon to get a celeriac if I can though, so I can try them with my SW Cheeseburger tonight. Will let you know how it goes.

Ooh they were dead yummy!! I put chargrilled chicken seasoning on them and they tasted delish , i think.i cut them too chunky for my liking though cos they were a tad too chewy but next time ill cut them chip size!! Plus my mother who's very anti slimming world LOVED them!!

Mine are in the oven as I type. A bit nervous as cutting them and boiling them they stunk! I put lots of seasoning on so hoping they're yummy.

Chipmunk89 said:
Mine are in the oven as I type. A bit nervous as cutting them and boiling them they stunk! I put lots of seasoning on so hoping they're yummy.

Im usually pretty funny with vegetables and i loved these so u should b fine :)

Back