Superfree Rhubarb...

smurffiss

Hello,

I have an abundance of superfree rhubarb in my garden and was wondering if there is anything I can do with it to keep it superfree? I have a feeling it shouldn't be eaten raw, but if I cook it it's no longer superfree...

Any suggestions??

Thank you

I used to love it raw.....dipped in sugar! Obviously no good on sw

I was wondering this to! I love it stewed and didn't fancy it raw either, thanks for asking the question! Lol x

Stewed rhubarb with 0% Greek Yogurt, 1 syn for the 4 bowls.....

002.jpg

I have lots in the garden as well.. every year I make a few rhubarb crumbles with custard - NOT this year :cry:

I cannot have sweetener as I was diagnosed with aspartame poisoning & have been sweetener free a while now! I think I'll be generous & make my family some of my famous crumble & I'll have to resist it! Sigh!

Haven't heard or seen coconut nectar.. at the minute I use Honey in my tea as a sweetener & use it as syns.. wonder if honey would be the same in the rhubarb? Hmm. I haven't baked anything since starting this diet, are we allowed flour etc? Mind you, I use sugar in the crumble itself (the topping) how would you make it without sugar? :S !

I made rhubarb crumble and I used coconut nectar instead of sweetener/sugar.:)
It was yummy.:)

Do you mean you made rhubarb crumble SW style or was it before you started with SW? If it was SW style, please would you share the recipe and Syns it involves? x

Haven't heard or seen coconut nectar.. at the minute I use Honey in my tea as a sweetener & use it as syns.. wonder if honey would be the same in the rhubarb? Hmm. I haven't baked anything since starting this diet, are we allowed flour etc? Mind you, I use sugar in the crumble itself (the topping) how would you make it without sugar? :S !

The actual recipe was from WW and used vanilla sugar (I used sweetener, which obviously you can't) and was topped with the 0% greek yogurt and drizzled with honey for sweetness.

I haven't bought any for years but I got Slimmer of the week last week and won a fruit basket with 3 sticks of rhubarb. Stewed it today, drained it and had it with Mullerlite Vanilla with dark choc sprinkles, worked out at 2 syns and worth every mouthful, it was scrumptious!!:wavey:

I went through a no aspartame phase when I was on slimming world and I used to stew rhubarb with no sweetener or sugar and freeze it in Less than 1/4 syn portions which I then counted as free. I defrosted a portion in the microwave and mixed it with about an equal quantity of fat free natural yoghurt - maybe a bit more yoghurt than rhubarb. I found it was sweet enough from the lactose in the yoghurt.

mmm - Quite fancy trying this again actually!

Back