Superfree Soup anyone tried this?

Gonna give this a go next week when I've finished my next essay & have time to cook! Sounds lovely! XXX

It is lovely and it makes a HUGE amount - your biggest sauce pan will barely be able to handle it and its so simply - just cut stuff up throw it in and cook it!

If you get bored of it (i ate the whole thing to myself in 5 days) you can add chunky veg to make it a rataouille or blend it to make a thick soup or add chicken and spice to make it indian. Its very versitile!

xx

made loads of this last night, not the best soup i have had but not the worst either! makes an insane amount me and OH had 2 big bowls each last night and i filled 6 tupperware tubs as well lol!

mine prob didn't contain quite as many superfree foods i just improvised with what i had. didn't have green lentils but dried red lentils worked just fine! also didn't have leeks or parsnips so just chucked in random frozen casserole veg pack!

wouldn't have thought of putting tomatoes, mixed beans and baked beans into a lentil and veg soup but the texture was nice and tasted fine with some herbs/salt/pepper in it :)

not a resounding success but we will see if it magically boosts weightloss! thought it might be difficult to tell i had a blowout today had a cremeegg and a fresh cream apple turnover lol!! oops! mega syns but soooo tasty :)

X

I've added the ingredients I need but won't be adding the parsnip. I love parsnips but not in soup!

I haven't tried this soup, but I've been having homemade soup for lunch instead of rice/pasta, I'm hoping it makes a difference on the scales.

This soup is not the best i'm afraid! Too many beans! But I am going to try and force it down as I made loads and I hate to see food go to waste! Lets just hope the scales thank me next week!

Craving a chocolate digestive at the moment, as I am writing my essay and need comfort food :(

I am about to make this - wish me luck! One little question, do i drain all these beans? Or put them in with whatever sauce/water they come in?
Thanks

I make it all the time, a batch of it does me a full week for lunchs/snacks and then i freeze the rest, its really good for boosting weight loss, i lost 6lbs in the first week i tried it xx

Lea i drain the beans, not sure if your suppose to but i do, dont drain the baked beand tho good luck making it xx

I made this soup on Tuesday and ate it for lunch. I thought it was quite tasty, I didn't have any parsnips so I added swede instead.
Today I had it for breakfast and lunch, I'm hoping for a big loss this week!
I really need a loss, I gained 2lb last week on holiday on top of the 1/lb that I'm still wearing after Christmas :(

Remarkably it didn't give me wind, with all those beans and lentils I was expecting a big blow out lol. :)

Oh and I didn't drain the mixed bean salad, just added the whole contents of the can and it was fine.

I made it and had it for tea last night and then lunch today. Had WI tonight and miraculously lost 1lb this week after not being on plan at all! It must be the soup! I am going to make another batch but use veg stock instead of beef.

Hi sorry for making you wait, i thought i had already posted this and didnt have access to a computer yesterday :eek:

I had WI moday night and gained 1lb!!! :mad: I was very disapointed as although i had a few cocktails on sat i only went over my syns by 50 for the whole week, it was also * week though.

Ive not made more soup but have stuck with lots of extra speedy foods and will see what happens this week, if i dont lose prepare yourselves for a mamouth rant lol

xx

Back