Supermarket in store bakery items - anyone ever found a way to syn these?

mandy296

Silver Member
Bah humbug, someone has bought in cakes, biscuits, doughnuts etc for their birthday, I'd really like something but don't know how to syn it!

Branded things are fine (they've bought caramel mini rolls - 6 1/2 syns - I'm not having that, its too many syns for something that size). Doughnuts are obviously gonna be bad so not having them, same goes for cream cakes - and I dont like cream anyway.

But am sorely tempted by an Oatmeal and raisin cookie - but they arent on Syns online. Its one of the big ones from the Sainsburys in store bakery. I've searched under "cookies" - comes up with about 20 results of other types, but its not obvious whether they are from the bakery section or the biscuit aisle. Nothing at all for oatmeal and raisin, but other cookies on the list range from 4 syns to 24 1/2!!!

No ingredients so you cant work it out on the syns calcualtor - and even if it was fairly high I dont need all of it - my workmate does SW too and we'd happily share one - if only we knew the damage!

Think I'll just play it safe and have an alpen light instead.

Had a look on Sainsbury's website and I couldnt find the nutrional info (i just looked up the product on the shopping part, had some details, eg suitable for vegetarians, details on packaging etc, but no nutrional info)

Not to worry - the cookies are all gone now anyway

I have a feeling all the big bakery cookies are around 20-25....such a lot ... but then they are amazing :) Much rather have like 2 crunchies though!! :) Enjoy whatever you choose!!xx

asda defiantly have the info, they will probably be similar so you could use the calculator for the asda products and count them as the same

Just tried ASDA website, no info on theirs either. It seems that if its a normal packaged item, then the info is there - its the same info that you could read off the label anyway. The Sainsbury's website was the same. But if there's no info on the label, then there's no info on the website either. This is what's on then entry from the ASDA website.

ASDA Home Shopping, Groceries Online, food online,

multisave_33x33.gif

0237580000001_21000_IDShot_2.jpeg

• COOKIES 5PK - 2 FOR £1.50

Product Code: 465847

Product Information

At ASDA, we do everything we can to make sure the information about the products we sell is always as accurate as possible. However, because products are regularly improved, the product information, ingredients, nutritional guides and dietary or allergy advice may occasionally change.
As a result, we recommend that you always read the label carefully before using or consuming any products. Please do not solely rely on the information provided on this website

Because of this, ASDA is unable to accept liability for any inaccuracies or incorrect information contained on this site.

If you have any queries, or you'd like advice on any ASDA own label products, please contact our friendly Customer Services team on 0844 873 3333. For up to date information on other products, please speak to the manufacturer.

This does not affect your statutory rights. This information is supplied for personal use only. It must not be reproduced in any way whatsoever without the prior consent of ASDA, nor without due acknowledgement.

Not to worry, the cookies went hours ago and the doughnuts will be stale by now. I've had 2 satsumas, an apple and the last bit of a fibre plus bar I started the other day and I'll be leaving work soon so the temptation will no longer be there

Back