Supermarket revelation!

sylvielove

I do my weekly shop on a monday in Sainsburys. Well this week I was only shopping for my 2 kids as I obviously have my meals for the week.

My bill came to £32.48. I usually spend over a hundred quid a week. This was good and bad. Good that I had saved so much and bad that the bulk on of my spend is usually all the rubbish I eat. Included was all my non-food items as well.

I'm chuffed!! :)

Laura x

well done - just shows you how much we dont really need hey?!

good luck on your cd journey! xx

its amazing what rubbish we add to our trolley for our treats etc... i have noticed the difference only spending £35 at sainsburys for OH and daughter then £10-£15 at butchers for them... x

Must admit, that's the reason I picked SS, thinking if I'm only having my mealpacks £36 ish a week isn't so bad, and we got DH's shoppping this week for £35 so that was a cheaper week than normal!!!!

The best of it is that as I have a band I don't even eat meat, bread, pasta etc etc so all that money was basically going on ingredients to make the most fattening soups you've ever seen, chocolate, cream, ice-cream, wine..... you get the picture LOL

Even taking the cost of CD into consideration I saved around 40 quid. If I could do that every week I'd be a very happy bunny :)

Thanks for your replies guys.

Laura x

Mine to, my son left home and joined the RAF so that helped. Most of my cash goes on pack lunch for OH and youngest son......

Hi ive also noticed a big difference in my shopping bill, bout £50 :eek:, but now the kids know i have extra money they have asked for a raise in their pocket money!!! Cheek lol xx:D

same here we have noticed a huge difference since i stopped eating crap!! normal weekly shop in tesco about 110/120 euro!!! not including 1 sometimes two takeaways at the weekend!!

Bf usually has his dinner durig the day so its just the little one to feed really. down to about 50euro a week. but then i spend 73.50 on my shakes so not really saving anything!! but still!!

It's great, I can spend my wages on new (smaller) clothes instead of sweets etc :D

I noticed when I was in Sainsbury's, looking at cooked chicken for my salads, that their 'healthy' cooked chicken had MORE fat/salt than their normal stuff! :confused:

Back